Justin Quintal wins WSL Longboard World Title!

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
Kinda crazy to wake up this a.m. and see Jax beach has it's first WSL world champion.
I've watched him grow up and get better every year, He surfs any kind of board really but on a longboard he's pretty unreal to see in the water.
Congrats JQ! You will never have to buy a beer at this beach again! yeeeeeew!

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Kinda crazy to wake up this a.m. and see Jax beach has it's first WSL world champion.
I've watched him grow up and get better every year, He surfs any kind of board really but on a longboard he's pretty unreal to see in the water.
Congrats JQ! You will never have to buy a beer at this beach again! yeeeeeew!

Great footwork. I really enjoy watching these long board masters, they've nailed the smooth carving style that's such an integral part of surfing. Cool stuff and of course congrats to JQ. The guy deserves it. 8Mv2e8w.gif

Reactions: jbd

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Funny, just this week one of my kids was asking me what I thought of one of his longboard designs in comparison to a Bing model and Josh Hall model. I told him that overall I liked the design of Quintal's Dark Horse the best of the 3.

He has an impressive style, too. Moreso when considering he has stature of a growed man, not that of a 15-yr old kid like some of the other longboarders.

Reactions: jbd

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
Funny, just this week one of my kids was asking me what I thought of one of his longboard designs in comparison to a Bing model and Josh Hall model. I told him that overall I liked the design of Quintal's Dark Horse the best of the 3.

He has an impressive style, too. Moreso when considering he has stature of a growed man, not that of a 15-yr old kid like some of the other longboarders.
He'd surf circles around those guys on his shortboard too. His footwork is unreal to see up close AND most important he's always humble and share waves in the lineup when he easily could get almost every wave if he chose to.

That stature will continue too as he won't be going anywhere around here without some local buying him a beer or two. We're all stoked here in JAX beach.

His boards (black rose) are all shaped by Ricky Carroll who is IMO one of the best shapers on the east coast.

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
I am not sure the guy is a hater cuz Quinny does look rather big. But, he CAN SURF! He is so smoooooth. Watched the final and he got of to a slow start, and he turned it around. Those waves looked fun. Not some 2 inch slop like they usually have to compete in.

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
I am not sure the guy is a hater cuz Quinny does look rather big.
If you come into a congrats thread and make a fat joke, you might be a hater. The alternative is to just say nothing.
Like I said, He would most likely surf circles around 90% of this erBB on any kind of board.
and the funny thing is he's not even big....I bet he's only 175.
not what I would call out of shape in the least.

the erBB cracks me up!

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Surf with JQ quite a bit and I will say that he's built a bit thicker and healthier in areas that might give him forward momentum and help him plane and trim a little easier than most...does his own thing and DGAF....most certainly a ripper and great to see NFL represented....

Reactions: noone999

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
If you come into a congrats thread and make a fat joke, you might be a hater. The alternative is to just say nothing.
Like I said, He would most likely surf circles around 90% of this erBB on any kind of board.
and the funny thing is he's not even big....I bet he's only 175.
not what I would call out of shape in the least.

the erBB cracks me up!
Sensitive much? You sound like a fat girl! Do you shop in the curvy aisle?

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Been in the water with him plenty of times, at the Poles. Most of those he was on a short board. Guy rips, you can tell right away the way he surfs

Fletcher grad too so I've always liked him

Reactions: wills120

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
How come no one is commenting on the surf? Does Taiwan usually get that big?

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
Long boarding is for people who gave up on shortboarding
narrow minded way to think....
If it's below waist high I prefer a log over hopping all the way to the beach.
I also like to surf as much as possible, like as in any morning I can before work.
I live in FLA, which means it's not always short boardable.
I will 100% grab my shortboard or fish if it's good enough for it. But if you want to surf a lot here you ride what the day calls for.
I gave up caring what looks coolest and prefer to take what works the best that day.

and if your under the age of 20, I would totally agree with you when I was 20 too. :)

Last edited:

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
how is it that this Justin Quintal faggot surfs literally 40 times worse than the 14-19 year old longboarders I see on a daily basis in California? And he was awarded a title? Fuk this surf industry. Go to fucken any longboard spot in SoCal and you will see a fucken unsponsored teenager using a log 40 times better, more efficient, more style, no arms flying around. Fuk the sport of surfing. Fuk the sport of longboarding.
Please, Go ahead...name one that surfs better.....He's the best person on the WSL WORLD TOUR, nobody is saying there isn't a kid nobody has ever seen that doesn't surf contest that may be better. But he did beat everyone on the WSL TOUR and that included many Californians. And He's won more Duct Tape Invitational than any of your Californians.

If you hate longboarding so much how about you take all that hate to a shortboard thread rather than trolling this one.

You sound a tad homophobic btw...