Judge to Trump: BOOM!!!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
There's generally a number of ways a property's appraised value (and sell price which for something unique like this could vary wildly) can differ from the value property tax is assessed on.

For example in Florida, and maybe this is county-specific, the assessed value can only creep so high each year. I think it's 3% or something like that. Then, if it is your primary residence and you get a homestead exemption, that's another chunk off the top.

In the case of Mar-a-Lago, it's a National Historic Landmark so that probably helps. I am pretty sure it was fairly neglected and they wanted a buyer who wasn't going to bulldoze it and try to put in luxury condos or some sh!t, so that probably helped quite a bit. Trump bought it back in 1985, and back then, the vast majority of South Florida was a decrepit shithole. Then he shat the bed in the early 90s and went back and forth with the Town who let him convert it into a private club and I'm sure he got a deal on the assessment then because he had cash flow problems.

Anyway the assessed won't equal the appraised, and since it's technically a club and maybe commercial, that probably plays into it.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The Trump crime family really is the Gang who could not shoot straight. Incompetence from top to bottom.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
  • Haha
Reactions: Woke AF and afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yep, a black woman in a position of power No surprise there Proud Boi. You just butthurt for your hero getting owned by a Black Woman/
Oh you know you don't have anything if you're resorting to that tired nonsense

• Love
Reactions: sirfun