It's Happening (Elon Musk Taking Over Twatter)

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
the only relevant question is if the white house asked twitter to edit claims that it knew were true at the time of asking

you're doing that thing where you're holding people accountable for past actions based on future learnings
Sure, but you are also laying on an unfair onus on me because there is no way for me to prove what the white house did or did not know at the time.

That said we do know that public safety entities will always err on the side of being overly cautious about everything, even when there is ample proof that the risks are not as significant as they are made out to be. You could argue that this is a good thing overall, however it is certainly not honest.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I don't think anyone is saying any of that.

It's still true the government should stay out of twitter's business. It's still true it can do what it wants. It's still true Twitter is not a public marketplace of ideas. It still true there are plenty of other social media options for liberals, like TikTok, IG, Snap, Facebook and a bunch of others.

I guess there is some truth to Elon buying twitter instead of helping end world hunger. It's not his job though, so can't hold it against him.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I don't think anyone is saying any of that.

It's still true the government should stay out of twitter's business. It's still true it can do what it wants. It's still true Twitter is not a public marketplace of ideas. It still true there are plenty of other social media options for liberals, like TikTok, IG, Snap, Facebook and a bunch of others.

I guess there is some truth to Elon buying twitter instead of helping end world hunger. It's not his job though, so can't hold it against him.
do u really think 6 billion dollars can end world hunger?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah twitter where the left cancels you or calls you a nazi if you don't think like them is suddenly worried about hate???
That's just pathetic
Once again, you're mischaracterizing and strawmaning hard.

Nobody got banned for the things you say they got banned for.

And, is hating nazis really hate?

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Once again, you're mischaracterizing and strawmaning hard.

Nobody got banned for the things you say they got banned for.

And, is hating nazis really hate?
You can keep gaslighting all you want - you only show how ignorant you are
hate is hate
But it's funny because all the left does is accuse you of what they are already doing
Then when you point it out it's always "republican's pounce" etc they spin off in another direction

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
You can keep gaslighting all you want - you only show how ignorant you are
hate is hate
But it's funny because all the left does is accuse you of what they are already doing
Then when you point it out it's always "republican's pounce" etc they spin off in another direction
I like it when your ilk plays a victim.

Stirring sh!t, then playing a victim is such a beta cuck thing to be doing.

Reactions: afoaf

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I've been on it about 6-7 years?
How good would twitter be if they weren't allowed to curate content for you? If your feed was simply chronological?

That's what regulation/liability for steering content would do to Twitter.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Sure, but you are also laying on an unfair onus on me because there is no way for me to prove what the white house did or did not know at the time.

That said we do know that public safety entities will always err on the side of being overly cautious about everything, even when there is ample proof that the risks are not as significant as they are made out to be. You could argue that this is a good thing overall, however it is certainly not honest.
He just can’t stop shilling for the regime

Subjects like him are very useful

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

not true, we knew what information they were working off of

the point is that the white house asked socials to maintain consistent messaging during a public health crisis

the fact that you add the "later proved to be true" part is a fallacy

if it was true at the time AND the white house attempted to suppress, then it would be malice

the fact that we learned how this virus behaves after the fact does not imply malice in the original act

it's not a confusing concept

He just can’t stop shilling for the regime

Subjects like him are very useful
the fiercely independent slogan guy is here with more idiotic slogans!

SEETHE

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
not true, we knew what information they were working off of

the point is that the white house asked socials to maintain consistent messaging during a public health crisis

the fact that you add the "later proved to be true" part is a fallacy

if it was true at the time AND the white house attempted to suppress, then it would be malice

the fact that we learned how this virus behaves after the fact does not imply malice in the original act

it's not a confusing concept

the fiercely independent slogan guy is here with more idiotic slogans!

SEETHE
Once the White House does that, your “muh privut companee” trope goes out the window

“public health crisis” is never an excuse to suspend rights. The White House was trying to suppress any information they did not approve of, and continue to do so until this day