Is Nikolas Cruz a hero to the left?

Itriggeralot

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 16, 2015
Coney Island
GDaddy said:
Both sides have an extremist or two who are trading allegations about the other side giving moral support to Cruz and the other shooting freaks.
????

Did you get your talking points memo from Trump after Charlottesville?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
GromsMom said:
GDaddy said:
Both sides have an extremist or two who are trading allegations about the other side giving moral support to Cruz and the other shooting freaks.
????

Did you get your talking points memo from Trump after Charlottesville?
^^^ Case in point

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Hiya!
This L.A. Local, born at UCLA in '62, nowadayz bein' an older dude,
well I can remember watchin' an old OG episode of Hawaii~50,
where a man was shootin' a rifle at a surfer out in The Line-Up.
Gnarly!

Do we, as surfers,
need that to happen in real life before we ALL realize that there are some KOOKS here in The U.S.A. that need to have their 2nd Amendment Rights well regulated so as these kooks can not own, nor use, guns???
RW

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:
But you get how making a rule out of an exception is dubious, right?

This is Gross SOP, his extreme confirmation bias at work.
Of course. All I'm saying is that the Mod's stinkeye on the insensitivity would have been a good warning shot across the bow 3 weeks ago.
Can you quote specifically who did what that's even close to what GrossDad is doing inthis thread?

Having a discussion about gun control after the shooting is not the same as alleging that if you don't want the shooter dead, he's your hero.

Proposterous.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

Of course. All I'm saying is that the Mod's stinkeye on the insensitivity would have been a good warning shot across the bow 3 weeks ago.
As I said, I don't lurk or post much on this forum - and wasn't looking at it three weeks ago.
He can surely consider it a shot across the bow now.
Perhaps he'd like to consider ditching the anonymity.
Everyone knows who I am.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
The posters with the most abhorrent views are the ones always worried about revealing their identity the most.

Weird. You think they'd be proud.

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
GromsDad said:
manbearpig said:
GromsDad said:
jbd said:
I have a hard time believing anybody especially a parent left or right would want this kid to be a hero of any kind to anyone ever.
Perhaps hero is too strong of a word but there is no denying that the left acts like he wasn't even there or as if the gun dragged him to the school and forced him into committing the crime. Where is their outrage at this individual? Its nonexistent. Make no mistake the left does have a tolerance for crimes that help them advance their agenda.
By that same reasoning the right has a tolerance as well. Using these tragedies to push gun rights, to do nothing and to recruit more members/drones.
The right is not using the tragedy at all. They are reacting to the left’s use of a tragedy to advance their agenda of destroying liberties guaranteed in the Constitution.

For the campaign to re-elect Donald Trump and Mike Pence, a photo of a 17-year-old Parkland shooting survivor in the hospital is apparently exactly what’s needed to rake in donations.

In a “weekly newsletter” sent out on Friday, the campaign included a picture of Trump and the First Lady visiting the survivor and her family. The newsletter boasted that the president had visited victims and first responders and “met incredible people they will never forget,” as the Huffington Post reported. At the bottom of the email, the campaign asks supporters to donate to Trump’s re-election campaign, or buy Trump merchandise.

Itriggeralot

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 16, 2015
Coney Island
OneWorldEd said:
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

As I said, I don't lurk or post much on this forum - and wasn't looking at it three weeks ago.
Everyone knows who I am.
The most accomplished surf author of all time? :shrug:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
OneWorldEd said:
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

Everyone knows who I am.
We got your number One World

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDso5ElFRg[/video]

We know where you are.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
GromsMom said:
OneWorldEd said:
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

Everyone knows who I am.
The most accomplished surf author of all time? :shrug:
Umm, no.
That would be this guy.

Don't think he erBB's tho.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
OneWorldEd said:
I don't spend much time in the politics forum and am not entirely convinced of its value to the erBB in general, except in, sadly, revealing the true nature of people who post here.
$.02
Containment value; General in the month(s) leading up to the creation of Political was sub-standard.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Sharkbiscuit said:
OneWorldEd said:
I don't spend much time in the politics forum and am not entirely convinced of its value to the erBB in general, except in, sadly, revealing the true nature of people who post here.
$.02
Containment value; General in the month(s) leading up to the creation of Political was sub-standard.
There is truth to this.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Autoprax said:
OneWorldEd said:
GDaddy said:
Autoprax said:
GDaddy said:

Everyone knows who I am.
We got your number One World

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kDso5ElFRg[/video]

We know where you are.
Ultra-Spiritual dude definitely does. I met him last year in the parking lot at - of all places - Charleston Earth Fare. Can't believe I didn't ask him for a twin-brother selfie.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
You still haven't responded to my other points - aside from acknowledging that maybe 'hero' was a bit strong.
I would like to know, specifically:
1. How you can morally justify this thread in the first place.
2. If you were posting under your true identity if you would have posted it.
3. If you'd be willing to show it to your family.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
OneWorldEd said:
GromsDad said:
OneWorldEd said:
GromsDad said:
jbd said:
I have a hard time believing anybody especially a parent left or right would want this kid to be a hero of any kind to anyone ever.
Perhaps you should pay closer attention to the level of political discourse coming from the left since this school shooting. The left doesn’t view this as evil. They view this as an opportunity to push an agenda. Sorry if that offends some of you but that is what is going on. Never let a crisis go to waste.
You truly have no shame do you?
Context is everything. If you don’t spend much time on this political forum as you claim you are missing the context of the debates that have been going back and forth here for weeks, months and years. There are posters here who for years have gleefully raced to their computers to exploit these shootings to attack the views of others. Do you find the posts by these individuals equally offensive? You ok with their posts because you agree with their politics?
Yeah in some cases, I do find them equally offensive.

But I'm not gonna spend weeks going through all the posts here and calling everyone out. This is literally the first politics thread I clicked on in months. I was thoroughly offended by the very context of your original post. So much so that I would humbly ask you to humbly re-read it in the context of your own fatherhood, your participation in the brotherhood of man, and in the kind of person you'd like yourself to be remembered as when you one day pass away - hopefully in the far, far future.

Would you want to attend a paddle-out in your honor?
The things I've written in this thread are nothing more than a commentary on the way I see the left and certain posters on this forum acting over these school shootings. Am I pointing out their absurdity by being absurd.....you bet ya. When you have certain posters here who seem to look forward to these mass shootings so they can gleefully race to their computers to start threads attacking law abiding gun owners, the NRA and its members it is offensive. Perhaps you agree with their views perhaps not.

OneWorldEd said:
GromsDad said:
jbd said:
Perhaps you should pay closer attention to the level of political discourse coming from the left since this school shooting. The left doesn’t view this as evil. They view this as an opportunity to push an agenda. Sorry if that offends some of you but that is what is going on. Never let a crisis go to waste.
You truly have no shame do you?
Do you disagree with what I said in this post? Explain. That is a commentary on the actions of others as I see it. How do you see the actions of those attacking law abiding gun owners, the NRA and its members? Do you view them as exploiting a tragedy? I sure as hell do.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
OneWorldEd said:
You still haven't responded to my other points - aside from acknowledging that maybe 'hero' was a bit strong.
I would like to know, specifically:
1. How you can morally justify this thread in the first place.
2. If you were posting under your true identity if you would have posted it.
3. If you'd be willing to show it to your family.
I'm still trying to figure out what you find so offensive? I am deeply offended by many of the posts here blaming law abiding citizens, the NRA and its members for this killing and exploiting the situation for their political agenda. Perhaps you're OK with those things. I am not. Are you equally offended by them throwing blanket accusations at Republicans, conservatives, law abiding gun owners, the NRA and its members? Why does it upset you so much when I call them out on it?

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Amazing.
You still haven't answered my questions.
It doesn't surprise me that you can't see the larger points I'm making.

Do yourself - and me, and your family, and the world, a favor.
Read all of this. Actually read it. All of it. Take some time. Absorb it. Then read it again.
George Washington's Rules of Civility LINK
Here's one of our Fouding Father's simple little personal laws that I'm sure (or at least I fear) will go clear over your head:
Strive not with your superiors in argument, but always submit your judgment to others with
modesty.