Is it time I listened to a Taylor Swift song?

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
"Cardingan Sweater" is a great song.

I want to cry when I listen to it.

I would have changed a couple of lines but otherwise A+
That song is giving me some Buffalo Bill vibes.

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
Been raging for a while it seems. If you're a girl Dad, it's unavoidable. Luckily my 15yo is into good music now, we hit the WuTang show a couple of nights ago, but she grew up on T Swift. 12yo and Mom are way into it. Trying to get me to go to the movie and even dress as her new BF for the neighborhood Halloween party. Already had plans to go as Wolverine given his up and coming reappearance in DP3. We will see how this all goes......

Reactions: diro and Boneroni

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Im sorry I just cant. Itried for about 30 seconds. Im not gonna waste my paper towels wiping up the blood

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Daughter used to LOVE her, and we listened to her a lot.

I have a ton of respect for the wide breadth of genres in which she's written good songs. To me, she seems to focus around specific instrumantations for a whole album, then the next album is her stamp on a slightly different style.
My favorites are the "girl vocal bluegrass band" and "Almost Avant-garde ambient piano/synth beatz band" albums.
Sorry. I don't know the albums names. Those are my terms.

Also, she writes decent lyrics overall. Some are super shallow and cheesy, some are very poetic.

Not something I'd put on to listen to by choice, but there's so so so much more terrible shite out there. I guess by that comparison, I'd say I like her :shrug:

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
This 8 year old video has 3.3 Billion views on youtube. One could fund an OK living off of the earnings from this song and video alone. I think she's gotten some great financial advice all through her career. Like her or meh, she's a bigger earner now than almost anyone you could name in the history of pop music.

Reactions: npsp and keenfish

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
This 8 year old video has 3.3 Billion views on youtube. One could fund an OK living off of the earnings from this song and video alone. I think she's gotten some great financial advice all through her career. Like her or meh, she's a bigger earner now than almost anyone you could name in the history of pop music.
This is what I dance to in the shower. Really starts the day off right.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
"Cardingan Sweater" is a great song.

I want to cry when I listen to it.

I would have changed a couple of lines but otherwise A+
That song was well written but her voice sounds autotuned. Scratch the production and stick with simple percussion and a keyboard and ditch the autotune and that song could be great.

But then again I don't know sh!t about music.

Reactions: Boneroni

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That song was well written but her voice sounds autotuned. Scratch the production and stick with simple percussion and a keyboard and ditch the autotune and that song could be great.

But then again I don't know sh!t about music.
That is just the way records sound now