Is it possible to rip on a mid-length?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
So the phrase “mid lengths matter” is ok?

Can you post a list of approved and forbidden words and phrases please? I don’t want to run afoul of the latest in speech codes.

Maybe I should just ask the folks at The a Ministry of Truth.

Nothing is forbidden. I can't stop you. And I can't/won't comment on every single users posts made in poor taste. There are too many of you. But if you want to play snitch and point at the other kids on the playground because "they did it too", go for it. Retropete made a stupid comment too.

But your trivialization of social movements, and 000's distasteful metaphor using surfboards as the stand in for lives brutalized and taken by police forces for clever points is gross. Again, it's not surprising as you both, along with others, use these forums as an insulated, safe haven to crack jokes to a mostly homogenous, mostly anonymous, group. Many of these comments you would never make in different company.

but, we know, "you're not racist"......

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Nothing is forbidden. I can't stop you. And I can't/won't comment on every single users posts made in poor taste. There are too many of you.

But your trivialization of social movements, and your distasteful metaphor using surfboards as the stand in for lives brutalized and taken by police forces for clever points is gross.

again, we know, "you're not racist"......
The BLM movement was founded on a lie and has gone more and more insane from there. It’s a racist, violent criminal organization.

We do agree on something. BLM and their stated goal of abolishing the police should not be trivialized.

PS: Disagreeing with your ideas about race relations and how to improve them doesn’t make a person racist. The accusation you make is evidence that you have zero interest in working together with people and discussing ideas, coming up with solutions.

You aren’t acting in good faith. And if your position was solid and well founded you wouldn’t need to insult or attempt to shut people up with baseless accusations. It’s a sure sign of the weakness and intellectual dishonesty of your argument.

Reactions: stringcheese

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
The BLM movement was founded on a lie and has gone more and more insane from there. It’s a racist, violent criminal organization.

We do agree on something. BLM and their stated goal of abolishing the police should not be trivialized.

PS: Disagreeing with your ideas about race relations and how to improve them doesn’t make a person racist. The accusation you make is evidence that you have zero interest in working together with people and discussing ideas, coming up with solutions.

You aren’t acting in good faith. And if your position was solid and well founded you wouldn’t need to insult or attempt to shut people up with baseless accusations. It’s a sure sign of the weakness and intellectual dishonesty of your argument.

I'd prefer to let people talk about their midlengths, fun boards, and eggs here than try to take on this debate, despite that I absolutely disagree with your characterization of Black Lives Matter. I purposefully drop out of threads that devolve into stuff like this. I stay out of the Politics forum for that reason. I don't come here to convince you just as much as I don't come here to be convinced.

I didn't ask to argue or be convinced of anything. I asked you and others to please drop the undermining collective use of bastardized slogans in threads that have nothing to do with them.

But this is your world man more than mine, man. That's clear by your post count. I'm telling you your sh!t ain't funny and not everyone is laughing.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'd prefer to let people talk about their midlengths, fun boards, and eggs here than try to take on this debate, despite that I absolutely disagree with your characterization of Black Lives Matter. I purposefully drop out of threads that devolve into stuff like this. I stay out of the Politics forum for that reason. I don't come here to convince you just as much as I don't come here to be convinced.

I didn't ask to argue or be convinced of anything. I asked you and others to please drop the undermining collective use of bastardized slogans in threads that have nothing to do with them.

But this is your world man more than mine, man. That's clear by your post count. I'm telling you your sh!t ain't funny and not everyone is laughing.
A poster made a joke. I responded to the joke with another joke.

You got your panties in a wad and made it political.

Lighten the fuck up.

Reactions: stringcheese

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
The most offensive part was the Orwell reference. Harvey Danger said it best: The agony and the irony are killing me...

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I don't care for kerzzy's surfing on the midlength but man what a gig he's got going on now. business, investments, and seems to be having a blast rep'ing those albums. He looks super zippy and sharp on those twins and quads.
Maybe it's just my perception, but I think Kerzy's surfing is looking better than ever before on the new quads / twinnies ... it looks just that much more pleasing.

Random shower thought though ... It must be tough being Colin Kerr (his son). Average surfer, average skater, while your little sister is a savant golfer, skater, surfer and apparently Rugby too, most likely anything she tries. Your mom's a total smoke job, so your friends are always giving you sh!t about that and not-so-secretly jerking off to her, and your dad's a world class surfer and businessman. I'd be on the hard drugs if I were him.

Last edited:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Apologies for my comment. Often I am in a very dark and cynical place where I don't honestly care about my fate or that of others and my jest was borne out of dark humour poking fun at the triviality of polarisation in the lengths of oceanic playthings. Just as some on here post when drunk or stoned we will still post regardless of our state of mind and the consequences of how others will react is of little importance at the time.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Apologies for my comment. Often I am in a very dark and cynical place where I don't honestly care about my fate or that of others and my jest was borne out of dark humour poking fun at the triviality of polarisation in the lengths of oceanic playthings. Just as some on here post when drunk or stoned we will still post regardless of our state of mind and the consequences of how others will react is of little importance at the time.
You have nothing to apologize for and doing so just empowers the cry bullies. Apologizing to them NEVER turns out well.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
They've said that? Abolish?
This one says “defund”. Not much difference.

Here is defund then abolish....

‘Most importantly, any structural changes like defunding police forces or breaking up police unions so that elected officials — accountable to the public — can reassert control of public safety in their cities must be seen not as a final step towards solving racist police violence but as the opening salvo in a move towards police abolition. This will have to be done with a similar structural reimagining of the entire criminal justice system.‘
and there’s this...

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
You have so many other places you can put this stuff. Why force it into the Design Forum?!? I come here to talk boards as a distraction from real life and all the social/political craziness that is unavoidable elsewhere. I avoid the other General forums for this reason. Please don't ruin this for us. Thanks.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You have so many other places you can put this stuff. Why force it into the Design Forum?!? I come here to talk boards as a distraction from real life and all the social/political craziness that is unavoidable elsewhere. I avoid the other General forums for this reason. Please don't ruin this for us. Thanks.
He asked.

I didn’t bring this up.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
This looks about as close to ripping mid length (single fin w sidebites)as it gets for me. Might be a Takayama Howard Special Mini. I think the closer you have to a thruster set control the closer you get to the verticle ripping. Without thruster even Gudaskas couldn't go vert and plain looked off. The model suggests 6.5 single with 3.5 sidebites although compared to other examples of 2+1s it sure seems as if he is running thruster esque set up here, More controlled wraps. Though almost any craft would go in this fun of surf he's an ML Egg master. Donald T as well, this board seems to go a lot better than the CI ML (no surprise).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Woke AF and Aruka

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
The perfect swamis board. I agree, it looks much better than the CI mid in that clip at least. Tyler made a Howard Mini ML as well, I always thought it looked really good.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
The perfect swamis board. I agree, it looks much better than the CI mid in that clip at least. Tyler made a Howard Mini ML as well, I always thought it looked really good.
Is this Swamis? I thought Malibu. I have only surfed the very top of the point at Malibu once and never Swamis (unfortunately as this looks VERY fun!)so unfamiliar.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I haven't surfed Swamis (maybe a dozen times) or Malibu (once) much either, I just know Howard surfs it a lot.