Insurrection!!!

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Except there’s no metaphor here, like usual

when they taught you to believe everything you’re told did they also teach you to reject basic reductionist comparisons in favor of double meaning, overthinking navel gazing?

the spitting and sputtering about any of these comparisons is because deep down you know all your positions about Jan 6 are bullshit

you don’t need to hide behind tenuous interpretations of law and order, just accept that you’re happy that political opponents are being jailed
Tell us all the similarities and differences you see between this and Jan 6, oh wise one. Show us what non-reductionist comparisons look like.

Last edited:
Reactions: need 4 speed

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Except there’s no metaphor here, like usual

when they taught you to believe everything you’re told did they also teach you to reject basic reductionist comparisons in favor of double meaning, overthinking navel gazing?

the spitting and sputtering about any of these comparisons is because deep down you know all your positions about Jan 6 are bullshit

you don’t need to hide behind tenuous interpretations of law and order, just accept that you’re happy that political opponents are being jailed
you likened people protesting in a different building with January 6th rioters

that's a metaphor, friend

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you likened people protesting in a different building with January 6th rioters

that's a metaphor, friend
No. I compared them directly.

Two sets of protesters on the same grounds. Oranges to oranges.

a metaphor is a literary device for comparing apples to oranges

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Tell us all the similarities and differences you see between this and Jan 6, oh wise one. Show us what non-reductionist comparisons look like.
Protesters on the Capitol grounds.

there you go

we learned that any time there are protesters at the capitol they are insurrectionists that deserve prison sentences that violate the 8th Amendment

• Dislike
Reactions: slipped_disc

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

You are the king of the false equivalence.

Your mischaracterizations are off the hook here too.

Why do right wing nuts always tell people that disagree with them what they are thinking?

It's really hard to know what people think.

Just because I don't agree with you, I don't automatically become your strawman.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You are the king of the false equivalence.

Your mischaracterizations are off the hook here too.

Why do right wing nuts always tell people that disagree with them what they are thinking?

It's really hard to know what people think.

Just because I don't agree with you, I don't automatically become your strawman.
Holy sh!t I’ve been being told what I’m thinking by like 5 of you for years, and you’re going to try and say I’m the one doing that?

:roflmao: