Incredible interview

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
We know who the risk groups are. Anyone who is older or immune compromised. For instance a lot of people with arthritis are on immunosuppressants and need to remember that....this could be any age group.

If we can get the testing together and sort out who has it and who doesn't in a couple weeks great. But this isn't really doing anything useful. Destroying the global economy for something that is only bad for a very select few people is stupid.

For the healthy, generally there is nothing that locking down is going to do. It really comes down to people are going to have be good neighbors and not go out when sick. If you get sick, stay home and get tested until you are clear.

Ackman is yelling fire in a theater. Hell isn't coming. If everyone is smart and unselfish this thing passes, like every other time.
the flaw in what you are saying is that no one can get tested now

so it is not possible to control the spread

people who are infected are walking around with no idea

And is not just the old who will die

they will die at a higher rate but absolute numbers of younger people will be shocking

you ignore inconvenient facts from Italy

these deaths would be prevented if our hospitals don’t get overwhelmed

taking a break to improve testing and availability of ventilators will make a difference

Reactions: Havoc

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
the flaw in what you are saying is that no one can get tested now

so it is not possible to control the spread

people who are infected are walking around with no idea

And is not just the old who will die

they will die at a higher rate but absolute numbers of younger people will be shocking

you ignore inconvenient facts from Italy

these deaths would be prevented if our hospitals don’t get overwhelmed

taking a break to improve testing and availability of ventilators will make a difference
It doesn't matter.

Yes it is

Old and unhealthy...maybe a couple outliers.

No it wont

No I don't but I also think the Italy isn't a good case for the US to base it's response on.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
good lord why on earth did they give that guy that much airtime? He sounds extremely panicky and both his projections and his solutions are so over the top hyperbolic it is amazing they let him rant like that

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
At some point there needs to be a discussion on how destructive flattening the curve can be. The vertical curve will have a much shorter duration while the horizontal curve is a long duration full of uncertainty and unknowns. Does either result in a better outcome ie less people infected or dying? Or are we just delaying the inevitable while burning down important institutions, the economy, personal relationships etc. etc. etc.

There’s a destructive multiplier to this dragging on and on.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
good lord why on earth did they give that guy that much airtime? He sounds extremely panicky and both his projections and his solutions are so over the top hyperbolic it is amazing they let him rant like that
CNBC is the network that brought you Rick fckng Santelli's dipshit "rant that started the tea party" where some media asshole ideologue asks if we want to bail out our neighbors or people underwater on the homes, or the banks that know way more about loans, made those deals, then CDO'd the CDO right up it's CDOrifice and schmeared it like it was cream cheese all about our financial system bagel.

Allow me to quote the money shot of the text of the piece (I sure as f--k am not watching that dipshit) emphasis mine.

Captain Douchebag McAlarmist on CNBC said:
Ackman predicted that hotel stocks including Hilton could “go to zero” soon if no action is taken. He is a major shareholder in Hilton.
RESCUE MEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEuuuuhh

I'm an investor. I sit on a yacht and do jack sh!t and go on TV and cry about watching my owned means of production lose value when the sh!t hits the fan. What if I have to downsize my yacht.

WHAT ABOUT MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEuuuuh

Won't anyone think of the shareholders?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To cleanse that garbage from the sensory perception of mein erBBrethren, and learn my half-blind libcuck teammates what an actual on-camera female journalist looks like, I present to you, CNBC's Kayla Tausche.

Attn: ifallalot

You would.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
its not the flu

you assume away facts that are inconvenient

2% fatality rate is insane on a national scale

you can’t just call that a cost of doing business

We are either going to back into a hard shutdown in increments or dive in head first

do it now when it will be more effective

buy time to build ventilators
Why build ventilators if we're sheltering in place?

Isn't that supposed to flatten the curve?

Which is it?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
We know who the risk groups are. Anyone who is older or immune compromised. For instance a lot of people with arthritis are on immunosuppressants and need to remember that....this could be any age group.

If we can get the testing together and sort out who has it and who doesn't in a couple weeks great. But this isn't really doing anything useful. Destroying the global economy for something that is only bad for a very select few people is stupid.

For the healthy, generally there is nothing that locking down is going to do. It really comes down to people are going to have be good neighbors and not go out when sick. If you get sick, stay home and get tested until you are clear.

Ackman is yelling fire in a theater. Hell isn't coming. If everyone is smart and unselfish this thing passes, like every other time.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
CNBC is the network that brought you Rick fckng Santelli's dipshit "rant that started the tea party" where some media asshole ideologue asks if we want to bail out our neighbors or people underwater on the homes, or the banks that know way more about loans, made those deals, then CDO'd the CDO right up it's CDOrifice and schmeared it like it was cream cheese all about our financial system bagel.

Allow me to quote the money shot of the text of the piece (I sure as f--k am not watching that dipshit) emphasis mine.

I'm an investor. I sit on a yacht and do jack sh!t and go on TV and cry about watching my owned means of production lose value when the sh!t hits the fan. What if I have to downsize my yacht.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To cleanse that garbage from the sensory perception of mein erBBrethren, and learn my half-blind libcuck teammates what an actual on-camera female journalist looks like, I present to you, CNBC's Kayla Tausche.

You would.

:oops:

That's my type

I'd let her peg me

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

You would.

I’m sure ackman is selfishly motivated

its not about him as a guy

its the point he is making

look, everything is shutting down anyway

its just happening haphazardly revealing that there is no real plan

this is scaring the sh!t out of everyone

do you think if tomorrow local govts said, “just kidding, everything is fine, go about your day” that people would

No, people will require reasonable assurance that there is an actual credible plan to deal with this that significantly manages the risk

we don’t have that

no one can promise that

they need time to create the conditions to make that plausible

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

do you think if tomorrow local govts said, “just kidding, everything is fine, go about your day” that people would

No, people will require reasonable assurance that there is an actual credible plan to deal with this that significantly manages the risk

we don’t have that

no one can promise that

roost !! ) :)

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

we don’t have that

no one can promise that

There would be a lot of people who would jump at the opportunity to go back to work as normal, and there would be a lot of people going around looking like there's nuclear fallout out and about, and there'd be a lot who would continue to hide

This is scaring the sh!t out of everyone, yet they are all scared of different things

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

Look at the slope of USA

1584615055942.png