If you go to Baja...

hgsouth

OTF status
Apr 15, 2006
The police didn't follow them back to the resort just to push this guy off a balcony

That said, I'm way more scared of sketchy construction and low railings in mexico than I am of people. Almost got trapped in a shower once when the giant glass door came off the tracks. If I was a little old lady I woulda died in there lol

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I mean, I'm not an expert on how many places your skull cracks when falling off the balcony, but at this rate, I can't wait for this podcast...

But yeah, it sounded shady and keeps sounding shadier. We'll see if that's because it's a cover up or if it's just because it sounds salacious and drives clicks. Listening to my wife recount the developments the other day while I shook my head thinking, "well yeah, that's what the ERbb said" was pretty funny. Morbid, but funny.

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I wonder if they tried to buy some drugs or something...

such a weird chain of events

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
He was involved in cartel stuff in some way.

Crooked cops did recon to ID him

That info was passed along and a hitman took care of him at the hotel.

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
The police didn't follow them back to the resort just to push this guy off a balcony
He was involved in cartel stuff in some way.

Crooked cops did recon to ID him

That info was passed along and a hitman took care of him at the hotel.
theres only two real possibilities, one is his wife wanted him offed. this is not likely considering the method used.

two is it was a cartel hit. this is most likely since we now know he was dragged behind a vehicle and mexicos inability to figure out the culprit. they know who is responsible.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
theres only two real possibilities, one is his wife wanted him offed. this is not likely considering the method used.

two is it was a cartel hit. this is most likely since we now know he was dragged behind a vehicle and mexicos inability to figure out the culprit. they know who is responsible.
A cartel hit? The people that I have personally known that have been the recipients of a cartel hit, and I'd need all 8 fingers and two thumbs plus to count them, doesn't smell anything like this. Here's a clue: The body wouldn't have been found under the balcony of his hotel room. There's a distinct difference between a cartel hit and simple homicide.

Reactions: Aruka and tenover

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
A cartel hit? The people that I have personally known that have been the recipients of a cartel hit, and I'd need all 8 fingers and two thumbs plus to count them, doesn't smell anything like this. Here's a clue: The body wouldn't have been found under the balcony of his hotel room. There's a distinct difference between a cartel hit and simple homicide.
i don't consider being dragged behind a vehicle a simple homicide. whats your theory?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
i don't consider being dragged behind a vehicle a simple homicide. whats your theory?
It would be important to have more legit details on this particular situation. My personal experience is that if they want to make an example out of you they hang you from a bridge with a message around your neck, put one behind your ear and leave you in a ditch or on your front porch, or in a shallow grave. What's your personal experience?

Google Carlos Alberto Rosales Mendoza, he was my closest neighbor for 25 years when he wasn't in the carcel. I never had a problem with him.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It would be important to have more legit details on this particular situation. My personal experience is that if they want to make an example out of you they hang you from a bridge with a message around your neck, put one behind your ear and leave you in a ditch or on your front porch, or in a shallow grave.
Plenty of them go down with just a bullet in the head.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Plenty of them go down with just a bullet in the head.
My understanding with people I've known personally is that here there is usually some "foreplay" before el tiro de gracias. This guy was no player, no reason to think there was anything more than some kind of local shakedown involved. Or his wife.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
I couldn't *not* look up "Cocaine Bear":ROFLMAO:

People also ask:

What is Cocaine Bear based on?

Cocaine Bear is an upcoming American horror comedy film directed and co-produced by Elizabeth Banks and written by Jimmy Warden. It is inspired by the true story of the "Cocaine Bear", an American black bear that ingested a duffel bag full of cocaine in 1985.

Reactions: keenfish