Ideal age to perish from this earth.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
TBH that's not true, surprised me but there a plenty of 80 year olds out there that are still kickin' it.

My wife's grandparents didn't really start a major decline til 90.
I guess I mean that statistically. Like, your chances of being one of the VERY few who thrive at 80 are like winning the lottery. Not something to count on.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Not sure about age, as that’s always really been just a number to me.

but I do know this, there is no god.

here’s proof, when I was getting the “O-ring” treatment from those four twenty something luscious polish lips, for a second I thought to myself, “if you really exist, take me now, as soon as I unload”!

and here I am.

:shameonyou:

Eimeo

OTF status
Oct 18, 2005
Encinitas
75. Or maybe 78 if you're really thriving at 75. Nobody thrives at 80. That looks grim.
Despite living very healthy & active lives for 76 years and having a genetic history free from ailments, my Mom just died from a 6 month battle with pancreatic cancer and my Dad has been diagnosed with parkinsons. It seems like at 75 the odds of health problems and no longer being able to live and feel like you used to shoot up. I hope I get to feel youthful right up to my last day, even if it means missing out on decades of watching world events unfold on TV.
I have ridden a Vet Moto track with a 77 and 84 year old that were still ripping. The 84 year old would get pissed if you tried to pass him and would roost you with dirt. I pray I can still ride Moto or surf at 84 event at the bare minimum.

Reactions: Homie and john4surf

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
80 maybe 85 and I am done.

sadly with dementia this is not the case. Its a crapshoot. It may also come down to genetics. My dad is dealing with it and his mom had it too. Scary for me to think about.

I may ask to be euthanized if that happens to me....
Most dementia is NOT genetic.

My mom has it. 86. Got me thinking. When I read about how to prevent dementia the first thing that comes up is exercise, stay active. Why do you think I’m running a marathon and a half every week. Also, do you even deadlift bro?

surf-shot.com

Nep status
Feb 10, 2008
www.surf-shot.com
My social media does pretty poorly with few views, few likes, few shares and few interactions but somehow I got this message today:

“Hello! This is xxx from @xxxx Your profile caught our eyes, and we believe your unique aura would blend seamlessly with our stylish swimwear brand. We’re thrilled to invite you to collaborate, intertwining your distinctive charm with our unique designs. As a token of appreciation, we’re offering you a curated selection of our premium swimming clothes, entirely complimentary. We’re confident these pieces will complement your personal style and elevate your captivating presence. Please drop us a message on our official Instagram page, @xxxx. Cheers!" Included in the message were photos of smoking hot 20 year olds.

I replied: “I’m 69 years old, fat, bald and ugly. Your message made my day!”

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
All of us could use some elevation for our captivating presence. In this we shall frolic swimmingly, at least amongst ourselves and that is as close to God you might expect on this here earth, barring the occasional o-ring treatment. I think we had that in the day but if not, you're only as old as you prude.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Check out this 81 yr old (sorry, couldn't embed):
Link

I've been following David Sinclair (Harvard geneticist). His philosophy is to slow/stop/reverse aging so the terminal diseases that come later in life don't (cancers, Alzheimer's, etc.).

My goal is to retire as early as my pension program allows (55) and play as much as I can. I can always work part time, as needed. I might want to make it until our consciousness is uploaded into the cloud and exists in an AI simulation.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
On the 14th of April, I went another click up, or possibly down the ladder to 78. Just recently had an injury that took me out for a couple of weeks but recovered fully but let me know, what might / will be ahead for me down the line. I'm not liking the slow shuffling of the feet which I had to do, the quick, sharp pains in the lower back region including a nerve and disc. Horrible feeling, mental BS that plays on one's mind of where one may be heading towards the unknown.

Bodysurf now at Kalihiwai or grab the boogie. Haven't surfed now for some time. My attitude is, I've been there and done that. Not much more for me to doin surfing. The ocean is the same, just my attitude of having to deal with the mass of people now in the ocean. Bodysurfing is just me and a wave all by myself. I don't have to adjust my anger level anymore in surfing. Being older doesn't give me anymore rights now than when I was a know it all bozo brat. Bodysurfing is free flowing for me now. My jets are cool and calm.

Still working in a restaurant, went to 4 days a week. Done with 5. Need more time to do the upkeep on my little parcel of land and home. House has been paid off for more that a decade.Gas, water, electricity & Home insurance and two cars are within my means and trips to the Big Island to see my g/f every other week is workable. And that, has added to a new adventure for me.

Trying to get my name on a roster of a small community fire dept Between Kona and Waimea being a volunteer when needed on the Big Island where my g/f lives. Small station, single pump engine. Spent a few dollars buying Nomex shirts & pants, boots, ( :bowdown: Firebird) goggles, gloves, all the toys.I already walk a few miles at work a night and have been spending early AM walks with a 30 pound fire pack, (mostly water) & gear going 2 to 4 miles around my community. Not easy, not hard, but I mumble a lot to myself. Time has to be put in to do the gig. Had to take a physical. Doctor shook his head at me. "Keep doing what you're doing. Your BMI is crazy for your age. You have your Afib under control". Cardiologist next and the dreaded ramp stress test.

I'm forgetting names. That's troublesome for me. Frustrating, for sure and I have to calm myself down. I step away, reorganize my thoughts or try to. One just stashes it way back in the closet, but it's lurking. Time will eventually be known.Overall, I"m a lucky SOB. No broken bones, eyes & ears still work, the slight tingle / numbness in the bottom of my feet are just there. Normal poop that happens. Feel VERY lucky / fortunate that a Woman has stepped up and into my life. After Deb had passed, life was looking pretty dismal being a single, old man punching a time clock until it stopped. Truly amazing to have a companion close by. Helps relieve the every day BS .... or sometimes, can contribute to it, :roflmao:but hey ...the companionship of another is the cats meow.

Just keep phuckin moving .... :cool:tempImageE3k30U.jpg

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Check out this 81 yr old (sorry, couldn't embed):
Link

I've been following David Sinclair (Harvard geneticist). His philosophy is to slow/stop/reverse aging so the terminal diseases that come later in life don't (cancers, Alzheimer's, etc.).

My goal is to retire as early as my pension program allows (55) and play as much as I can. I can always work part time, as needed. I might want to make it until our consciousness is uploaded into the cloud and exists in an AI simulation.
@your Link ... grabbing a quick trip to Phoenix on May 6th to see the Stones on the 7th and home on the 8th. A friend who works gigs (he worked Elton John's last tour) sent me a text asking if I wanted to see the Stones in Seattle or PHX. VIP seating.
:cool:

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
@your Link ... grabbing a quick trip to Phoenix on May 6th to see the Stones on the 7th and home on the 8th. A friend who works gigs (he worked Elton John's last tour) sent me a text asking if I wanted to see the Stones in Seattle or PHX. VIP seating.
:cool:
Aloha PPK. My first Stones concert was in Houston, Texas in 1966. The McCoys and the Standells opened for them. Fast forward to next month and Faith and I have tickets to see them at Raider Stadium in Vegas. Should be a fun weekend.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
On the 14th of April, I went another click up, or possibly down the ladder to 78. Just recently had an injury that took me out for a couple of weeks but recovered fully but let me know, what might / will be ahead for me down the line. I'm not liking the slow shuffling of the feet which I had to do, the quick, sharp pains in the lower back region including a nerve and disc. Horrible feeling, mental BS that plays on one's mind of where one may be heading towards the unknown.

Bodysurf now at Kalihiwai or grab the boogie. Haven't surfed now for some time. My attitude is, I've been there and done that. Not much more for me to doin surfing. The ocean is the same, just my attitude of having to deal with the mass of people now in the ocean. Bodysurfing is just me and a wave all by myself. I don't have to adjust my anger level anymore in surfing. Being older doesn't give me anymore rights now than when I was a know it all bozo brat. Bodysurfing is free flowing for me now. My jets are cool and calm.

Still working in a restaurant, went to 4 days a week. Done with 5. Need more time to do the upkeep on my little parcel of land and home. House has been paid off for more that a decade.Gas, water, electricity & Home insurance and two cars are within my means and trips to the Big Island to see my g/f every other week is workable. And that, has added to a new adventure for me.

Trying to get my name on a roster of a small community fire dept Between Kona and Waimea being a volunteer when needed on the Big Island where my g/f lives. Small station, single pump engine. Spent a few dollars buying Nomex shirts & pants, boots, ( :bowdown: Firebird) goggles, gloves, all the toys.I already walk a few miles at work a night and have been spending early AM walks with a 30 pound fire pack, (mostly water) & gear going 2 to 4 miles around my community. Not easy, not hard, but I mumble a lot to myself. Time has to be put in to do the gig. Had to take a physical. Doctor shook his head at me. "Keep doing what you're doing. Your BMI is crazy for your age. You have your Afib under control". Cardiologist next and the dreaded ramp stress test.

I'm forgetting names. That's troublesome for me. Frustrating, for sure and I have to calm myself down. I step away, reorganize my thoughts or try to. One just stashes it way back in the closet, but it's lurking. Time will eventually be known.Overall, I"m a lucky SOB. No broken bones, eyes & ears still work, the slight tingle / numbness in the bottom of my feet are just there. Normal poop that happens. Feel VERY lucky / fortunate that a Woman has stepped up and into my life. After Deb had passed, life was looking pretty dismal being a single, old man punching a time clock until it stopped. Truly amazing to have a companion close by. Helps relieve the every day BS .... or sometimes, can contribute to it, :roflmao:but hey ...the companionship of another is the cats meow.

Just keep phuckin moving .... :cool:View attachment 179055
Do you use a hand plane when you body surf?

I watch them body surf at Panic Point on IG. Looks so fun.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA

Just keep phuckin moving .... :cool:View attachment 179055
Peter, go to your local drug store or Costco and get a tube of Voltaren Gel. Put a dab on your spine where the hurt is. If it doesn’t give you relief within 5-10 minutes sh!t. I’ll send you a bottle of Tylenol plus condene and buy the tube of Voltaren from you. It is magical for everyone who’s used it in my circle (mom used it until her passing at 94 and gave her almost instant relief daily). Stoked you have a lady in your life and for the most part, you’re still kicking it. Hugs brother. John

Last edited: