I would say our politicians have maybe 10 days to execute a plan

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I've been a HUGE advocate for more testing for a week or 2 now.

I want to see more testing so we can better show/confirm the actual case totals. Probably WAY more people will show up as positive. But also, many of those will not progress beyond typical flu like symptoms at worst, then recover.

I want the total USA case counts to sky rocket to maybe 100,000 soon, if possible. And my hope, is that the death count ratio starts edging closer and closer to 1% or less. Maybe a lot less, if we're lucky.

We're at 150 total USA deaths, with almost 10,000 confirmed cases now (about 9500) this minute (Mar 18). We KNOW there's more cases than that out there and more are showing by the 100's if not 1000 a day now.

Death ratios are dropping a little more each day. We're now at about 1.5% (probably less if we knew all cases out there). Almost half of those 150 deaths are in WA (68). NY=20, CA=16. 6 other states round out the rest (30).

Once we start seeing that people aren't dying in the streets from this left and right, and it's majority elderly or compromised health persons at worst, the general public might start to relax and see this is not a death sentence like some in the frothing/mouth foaming MSM are portraying it as.

This will take a couple weeks to play out. Maybe a month. And we might be able to unwind all this tension from there. Maybe.

Here's a fun story from U.S News and World Report back in Feb. 7 (one week after Trump banned China air travel and got all kinds of sh!t for it), during the height of the impeachment hearings. It talks about the real killer at the time, and hints at what was starting.....

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-02-07/theres-a-virus-spreading-in-us-thats-killed-10-000-the-flu

Somehow, the Dems and the MSM didn't think this was a big deal at the time either?

Trump banned China travelers. That fooking asshole. More reasons to impeach the MF'er.
You were poopooing the idea of widespread testing in one of these threads hard. Maybe that was more than a week ago and you’ve changed your tune? Maybe you were doing your knee jerk Trump apologist/blue media bad routine? I don’t know.

My point has always been that we are better off over testing than under testing. If we were able to test everyone, then we could tell those who test positive to stay the fook home, so that the rest of us can go on with our lives and actually keep the economy running.

For all I care, put a temporary red tattoo that says “CORONA” on their forehead so that if the people who do test positive go out in public, people can shame them for the selfish shits that they are, or at least avoid them.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He did Jan 31, even when everyone cried and screamed RACIST! XENOPHOBE!

He should've banned Europe the next day, and put every single international arrival and/or border crosser in quarantine the next day.

Can you imagine the screaming uproar from the Dems/MSM during the middle of impeachment hearings?

It would've been off the rails worse than anything to date. Fan meet sh!t.

That sh!t was a complete distraction ON BOTH SIDES, when all this CV sh!t was edging further into our shores.

Dems played a big part in putting this on the ignore like everysurftard does to those that balk at his BS.

They need to realize this and work together on resolving it, or we're doomed.
Always a way to blame the Dems if you look hard enough!!! Lolololo

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You were poopooing the idea of widespread testing in one of these threads hard. Maybe that was more than a week ago and you’ve changed your tune? Maybe you were doing your knee jerk Trump apologist/blue media bad routine? I don’t know.

My point has always been that we are better off over testing than under testing. If we were able to test everyone, then we could tell those who test positive to stay the fook home, so that the rest of us can go on with our lives and actually keep the economy running.

For all I care, put a temporary red tattoo that says “CORONA” on their forehead so that if the people who do test positive go out in public, people can shame them for the selfish shits that they are, or at least avoid them.
I was saying test everyone that felt they had symptoms. Only.

Testing every single person alive (330 million people) is a waste of tests and would overpower the labs and their precious resources. Testing once is not the end all, be all, one and done. You could contract CV again the minute you walk out touching a door handle.

Do you go back EVERY SINGLE DAY and get re-tested, over and over and over again? Until you prove you're positive?

Hypochondriacs dream come true.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I was saying test everyone that felt they had symptoms. Only.

Testing every single person alive (330 million people) is a waste of tests and would overpower the labs and their precious resources. Testing once is not the end all, be all, one and done. You could contract CV again the minute you walk out touching a door handle.

Do you go back EVERY SINGLE DAY and get re-tested, over and over and over again? Until you prove you're positive?

Hypochondriacs dream come true.
What about the fact that people go without symptoms for up to 2 weeks? You seem to forget that part, and is why this thing spreads the way it does.

I think we could enforce a one test per person rule, but nice strawman!

Then we can tell those who are sick to stay home, then let then the rest of us go about our lives. The cost of the testing would be far less than the cost of shutting down the entire economy for weeks (months?) on end.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Surfdog, I didn’t remember trump being called xenophobic after restricting flights from China on 1/31. Couldn’t find that on google search. Intentionally being xenophobic is part of his dog whistling, i know that, and he’s been rightfully criticized for it, but criticism for limiting Chinese flyers not readily apparent.
Of course you don't remember, because the media's main focus was IMPEACH!! Jan, 31-Feb 1 and just after.

Here's a quick refresher.......

"Yet for that sensible decision — in defiance of the World Health Organization — he was criticized by Democrats such as Joe Biden as xenophobic, and by China as racist."

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

CNN ran a story warning that “the US coronavirus travel ban could backfire” and have the effect of “stigmatizing countries and ethnicities.”

The Chinese Communist Party’s official mouthpiece, the People’s Daily, called the ban “racist.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/
--------------------------------
"But critics from WHO and elsewhere have said the bans are unnecessary and could generate a racist backlash against Chinese people. One Chinese foreign official asked of the U.S.: “Where is its empathy?”
And, if I remember correctly, this additional ban was the one that stole all the attention from the China travel ban.....
"The expansion, which was announced Jan. 31, adds Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania and Eritrea to the travel ban and maintains the ban on travel from Libya and Somalia. Together, these countries account for over a quarter of the population of Africa. Myanmar and Kyrgyzstan will also be added to the ban, the only non-African countries included. Civil rights leaders say the ban takes effect this week and they will be researching legal methods to try to block the ban in the days ahead. "
----------------------------------
In the House subcommittee hearing on Feb. 5 that we referenced earlier, several witnesses called by the Democrats expressed concerns about the travel restrictions and warned they could do more harm than good.

And at least one Democrat agreed.

“The United States and other countries around the world have put in place unprecedented travel restrictions in response to the virus,” said Democratic Rep. Eliot L. Engel. “These measures have not proven to improve public health outcomes, rather they tend to cause economic harm and to stoke racist and discriminatory responses to this epidemic.”

A day earlier, Democratic Rep. Ami Bera, who presided over the hearing, told Politico, “In our response we can’t create prejudices and harbor anxieties toward one population.” Bera told Politico the decision to impose travel restrictions “probably doesn’t make sense” given that the outbreak had already spread to several other countries by that point. “At this juncture, it’s going to be very hard to contain the virus,” Bera said.
---------------------------------
So, many Dems knew the situation, but REFUSED to take any pro-active measures to stop it.

Plenty more from where my simple search came from.

Your Google skills suck. Sorry.

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
One test per person would be pretty cruel, if you got it right after your first test. Would you have to beg for another, or wait until you are so sick you have no choice but to show up at the ER?

Of course you don't remember, because the media's main focus was IMPEACH!! Jan, 31-Feb 1 and just after.

Here's a quick refresher.......

"Yet for that sensible decision — in defiance of the World Health Organization — he was criticized by Democrats such as Joe Biden as xenophobic, and by China as racist."

“This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

CNN ran a story warning that “the US coronavirus travel ban could backfire” and have the effect of “stigmatizing countries and ethnicities.”

The Chinese Communist Party’s official mouthpiece, the People’s Daily, called the ban “racist.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/01/criticisms-of-trumps-coronavirus-response-are-sickening-devine/
"But critics from WHO and elsewhere have said the bans are unnecessary and could generate a racist backlash against Chinese people. One Chinese foreign official asked of the U.S.: “Where is its empathy?”
And, if I remember correctly, this additional ban was the one that stole all the attention from the China travel ban.....

"The expansion, which was announced Jan. 31, adds Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania and Eritrea to the travel ban and maintains the ban on travel from Libya and Somalia. Together, these countries account for over a quarter of the population of Africa. Myanmar and Kyrgyzstan will also be added to the ban, the only non-African countries included. Civil rights leaders say the ban takes effect this week and they will be researching legal methods to try to block the ban in the days ahead. "

Plenty more from where my simple search came from.

Your Google skills suck. Sorry.
You disingenuous punk. China said trump’s move was xenophobic. Biden called trump xenophobic in March, not related to the flights from China. You’re a lying sack of sh!t, like trump. And all the trouble you go to to lie also. Like trump. What a joke.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
You disingenuous punk. China said trump’s move was xenophobic. Biden called trump xenophobic in March, not related to the flights from China. You’re a lying sack of sh!t, like trump. And all the trouble you go to to lie also. Like trump. What a joke.
What part of the sentence in my links above did you not comprehend?

Again, Biden said this:

"This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

Trump imposed the China restriction Jan 31. Biden made the remarks the day after, Feb. 1.

There's a Biden campaign commercial for ya.:ROFLMAO:

Get your sh!t straight.

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
What part of the sentence in my links above did you not comprehend?

Again, Biden said this:

"This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering,” said Biden the day after the travel restrictions were imposed.

Trump imposed the China restriction Jan 31. Biden made the remarks the day after, Feb. 1.

Get your sh!t straight.
Former Vice President Joe Biden hammered President Trump for cutting health programs amid an outbreak of the coronavirus that originated in China and has since spread to the U.S.
"We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus," Biden said in Iowa Friday. "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."
The former vice president accused the president of curtailing progress on global health oversight that was made during the Obama administration.
Biden cited "draconian cuts" to the budgets of agencies, including the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Mr Trump “could personally suck the virus out of the 60,000 people in the world, suck it out of their lungs,” Surfdog said on Fox News during a segment on the fears surrounding the virus that has actually infected more than 80,000 people, “swim to the bottom of the ocean and spit it out, and he would be accused of pollution for messing up the ocean.”

• Haha
Reactions: Surfdog

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
What about the fact that people go without symptoms for up to 2 weeks? You seem to forget that part, and is why this thing spreads the way it does.

I think we could enforce a one test per person rule, but nice strawman!

Then we can tell those who are sick to stay home, then let then the rest of us go about our lives. The cost of the testing would be far less than the cost of shutting down the entire economy for weeks (months?) on end.
One test per person would be pretty cruel, if you got CV right after your first test. Would you have to beg for another, or wait until you are so sick you have no choice but to show up at the ER?

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Trump is still talking sh!t about the Chinese. That’s y’all’s deal. Without distortion and mischaracterization y’all are significantly hampered.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Trump is still talking sh!t about the Chinese. That’s y’all’s deal. Without distortion and mischaracterization y’all are significantly hampered.
China is fully responsible for this global clusterfuck of truly epic proportions.

The modern world is literally suffering and coming to its knees because of their lack of honesty and transparency in the critical days of this virus.

We can only try to fix this complete fu(k up they brought upon the world.

Reactions: rts265

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Not a week has gone by since 2015 that trump hasn’t said something racist or xenophobic and someone has called him on it.

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
Not only that, the Chinese blamed the United States for starting the virus
if you listened to the press conference yesterday trump basically said china started this & then tried to shift the blame to us, trump would not allow it.
President Trump wont back down from China's lack of transparency & false accusations