How Not to Park Your Boat

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Looks like a commercial fishing guy - maybe a shrimper - berating those idiots from a big boat. It's tough to overstate the boneheaded behavior here in Charleston you see from folks like that during the summer.
You could write a screenplay about a tragic teen boater story going down here in SCarolina. Privileged Lowcountry boy kills girl in drunk boating accident. He's obviously not a pogue.
View attachment 105476

Timmy

"His friends claimed he has a drunk alter-ego named “Timmy” who came out that night.
According to his friends’ depositions, Murdaugh’s eyes get “as wide as half dollars,” without blinking when he gets in “Timmy” mode. He holds his hands sprawled out, does erratic movements with his arms, and “… he was an angry drunk too, so you could always tell when he became ‘Timmy.'”"

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Prove you are right, tinker bell. You made the claim.. Offer some proof that police officers rough up blacks on boats at a statistically higher rate than they rough up whites.

I know exactly why you can't.

Weren't you a moderator on this board at one time limp wrist? Shirley you should know that you are posting in the wrong forum.
You’re such a moody bitch.

• Love
Reactions: afoaf
Jan 6, 2021
Mine is an 80s Classic.
Nice, yes the older ones were/are tanks, too bad the new ones are sold at bass pro and cabelas...I believe they were bought sometime in the late 90s by a bass boat company...Tracker maybe. Inventory goes up, quality went wayyy down.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Nice, yes the older ones were/are tanks, too bad the new ones are sold at bass pro and cabelas...I believe they were bought sometime in the late 90s by a bass boat company...Tracker maybe. Inventory goes up, quality went wayyy down.
Yep, Bass pro ruined sea craft as well.

Jan 6, 2021
A buddy of mine bought one of those Bass Pro Seacrafts and I gotta say its an amazing boat. He got the 20 foot Lefty Kreh edition in Fighting Lady Yellow. Same as the one below but with Etec power.

Yeah my buddies fell apart and know of two others with the same issue. AWFUL customer service and way overpriced for the messy finishing (awful wiring, sh!t caulk lines and glassing was crap)...he does put it through its paces though (fish out of Hatteras/Oregon inlet).

Maybe your buddy got a good one, but stay inside the inlets and out of any real chop if you want it to last more than 5 and still be happy with it.

Just my two cents...the Lefty (rip) version does 'look' nice.

Reactions: mundus

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I would think that someone / anyone should have been on the bow of the boat with a hand held. Malfunction onboard? A possibility. Wind driven into the dock? Perhaps. But it looked like, sounded like there was no power applied in reverse, at all.
sh!t taken for granted by the Captain ..... ? won't look good on a resume.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was thinking some kind of equipment failure.

They can afford to fix the dock.

Good thing no one was killed.

That is expensive.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I would think that someone / anyone should have been on the bow of the boat with a hand held. Malfunction onboard? A possibility. Wind driven into the dock? Perhaps. But it looked like, sounded like there was no power applied in reverse, at all.
sh!t taken for granted by the Captain ..... ? won't look good on a resume.
That's actually why I believe it was a malfunction. I've never run a boat that big. Biggest boat I've run was about 60 tons. My experience has been that the bigger a a multi engine powerboat is the easier it is to dock. No doubt that one has bow thrusters and docking cameras. The only thing that makes sense to me is something with the shift and throttle mechanisms. That boat may even be fly by wire controls. Then again, someone could just be shitfaced drunk too.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
That's actually why I believe it was a malfunction. I've never run a boat that big. Biggest boat I've run was about 60 tons. My experience has been that the bigger a a multi engine powerboat is the easier it is to dock. No doubt that one has bow thrusters and docking cameras. The only thing that makes sense to me is something with the shift and throttle mechanisms. That boat may even be fly by wire controls. Then again, someone could just be shitfaced drunk too.
A boat, of those LOA & beamy as hell, will have bow and stern thrusters. In today's world a ship of that size will always have bow and stern thrusters onboard. There was no effort what so ever in backing down on there forward movement of the ship nor any bow movement with disturbed water or backwash. If you're "that far" into a docking position the Horn should have been blasting and the crew should have been on the railings and bow informing folks of there peril of the ships situation for all safety concerns.