How Not to Park Your Boat

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
If you've spent any time watching boaters and watching a boat ramp you'll learn that anything can happen lol
Hah so true. Was just at a high mountain lake called Spicer Meadows. Wind picked up strong on the lake and I was standing near a point just across the cove from the boat ramp. Watched a guy try to pull his boat out, and it was obvious he had no idea what he was doing. Neither did his wife or 20-something son. They struggled to get it on the trailer. Struggled to even back down the car straight, and repositioned multiple times. After 15m of struggling, finally another boater comes up. He hops off his boat, walks over, asks for the guys keys, and and then repositions his vehicle. Then he gets in the water, climbs on board the dudes boat, drives it onto the ramp, then gets off and shows them how to hook it up. All while everyone was watching. I stood there with a friend. I looked at her and said, "That guys Man Card just got revoked!" :roflmao:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Craziest one I've witnessed:

Guy and his golden retriever approach the boat ramp in an 18 foot boat. As they approach the dock I'm standing on the guy puts it in reverse to slow himself down only something went wrong in the motor and it didn't go into reverse. The guy panics and slams it full throttle in reverse. Only one problem the gearcase is still in forward. The boat launched itself about 20 feet up the concrete ramp. Never seen a dog so scared. Then while trying to load the drydocked boat onto the trailer he bent the frame of his trailer totaling it and rendering it useless.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
If I only had video of getting pulled over and boarded by Homeland Security somewhere around north or south garbage....at oh-dark thirty...drunk, courtesy of several Bali Hai mai tai's.
Still nailed the landing though.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
My guess is the guy hopped in the boat at the top of the ramp to drop the motors and/or prep the boat for launch, and when he did the trailer popped off the hitch and rolled down the ramp. The vehicle got pulled a little bit before the trailer popped free, then rolled down into the boat/trailer. Possible the guy didn't have the correct ball size for that trailer (using a 2" instead of a 2 5/16" ball) which would also allow the trailer to pop off the hitch.

:socrazy:

Reactions: keenfish

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
My guess is the guy hopped in the boat at the top of the ramp to drop the motors and/or prep the boat for launch, and when he did the trailer popped off the hitch and rolled down the ramp. The vehicle got pulled a little bit before the trailer popped free, then rolled down into the boat/trailer. Possible the guy didn't have the correct ball size for that trailer (using a 2" instead of a 2 5/16" ball) which would also allow the trailer to pop off the hitch.

:socrazy:
Gonna guess he didn’t have safety chains either

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005

Prove you are right, tinker bell. You made the claim.. Offer some proof that police officers rough up blacks on boats at a statistically higher rate than they rough up whites.

I know exactly why you can't.

Weren't you a moderator on this board at one time limp wrist? Shirley you should know that you are posting in the wrong forum.