How many surfs before you ditch a board?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Perhaps the board is simply cursed with bad juju.

View attachment 176184
What a fucking tool. He thinks he owns the exclusive right to carbon fiber surfboards and Daniel Thompson shapes?

Also, I’ve seen heaps of video of Tomo surfing. Not a single one on a krypt surf carbon board. And if you look at krypt’s IG and website they seem to be more about inflatable pool toys than surfboards.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What a fucking tool. He thinks he owns the exclusive right to carbon fiber surfboards and Daniel Thompson shapes?

Also, I’ve seen heaps of video of Tomo surfing. Not a single one on a krypt surf carbon board. And if you look at krypt’s IG and website they seem to be more about inflatable pool toys than surfboards.
To be honest Carcass has been doing carbon since Ternes was still in his daddy's ballsack

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
To be honest Carcass has been doing carbon since Ternes was still in his daddy's ballsack
So?

There was a guy who used to surf Little Rincon in the early 90s who made carbon boards in his garage during that time. They were pretty much indestructible.

Also, nobody has exclusive rights to make carbon boards.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Tomo addresses his little dispute with his dad in his interview with Benji on the Let’s Poddy podcast.

17:57 Timestamp.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Too bad his Dad is such a douche. Gotta be an awful situation. Can’t imagine a true father reacting like that toward their child’s success.
That's why my logical brain struggles to comprehend what's going on. Even if my kid literally stole all of my ideas and made a success of herself with them, I'd be stoked as fuck with no feelings other than pride. That's called 'parenting'

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Classic narcissist. I feel bad for Dan. It’s hard to understand what the older Tomo is even mad about, maybe that he’s not as well recognized as his son?
Definitely. Must bruise his fragile ego that’s he’s nowadays best known as Tomo’s dad… who beat up that chick in the lineup.
I have a MIL that believes every decision her grown-ass children make is about her.
:socrazy:

Last edited:

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I’m sure the Tomo household is not your average household. It’s pretty clear Mark is jealous of his sons success or somehow feels entitled to some of Daniels success. Mark is brilliant and so is Daniel, but I have a feeling Daniel has had to fight his way out of his Dad’s grasp his entire life. As the saying goes… you can’t pick your family.