How many surfs before you ditch a board?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Surfing out on the shoulder instead of the pocket has nothing to do with the board - it's the lines you're drawing and where you're looking. Better surfers stay with the pocket to surf top-to-bottom unless the section is really fat and they can project out onto the shoulder for a big cutback.
That's what I was getting at - Tomo would have 3 turns for Reforest's 1 turn. Reforest doesn't need all that speed when he's not linking a bunch of turns together... he's just projecting onto the shoulder. Maybe a thruster will slow things down a touch and change his approach a bit .
Dont know about the midlength though. I think that would jack up my surfing?
It won't.

It will likely make you shortboard surfing better. Same with a LB.

I've never seen you on a mid.
I've posted video here of myself on a 7'10 in O'side learning to crosstep on a small day.

I rode that board up there a lot last year. Hoping to do the same this summer.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Man, I really need to get a cholo shot so I can have freeride critique my wrist form on a public forum :bricks:
I’m pretty sure I have a spaz hand on occasion like our favourite rotund aussie board reviewer

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: waxfoot

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
He seems likea stable individual, his insta is dedicated to selling inflatable lilos

What's the deal there frosty?
1711412179622.png

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
didn't Tomo say it should be ridden a quad tho? Maybe you already have, but I'd try a more conventional quad set... there's already so much going on with the boar no need to add more unnecessary variables like your tiny trailer quad rear fins.
Maybe reach out to him directly. I'm sure he has time for his #1 Fan to help make this boar work for ya.
edit: FWIW, I agree with others, your turns are kinda swivel-y/flicky with the lower body, while the upper body stiff/not as engaged. Did you ever do any coaching with that Barr guy?
Also agree your surfing has improved a lot the past few years! :shaka: Stupid soloshot!
That twin/tiny quad trailer setup no workie on wide tail boards - in my experience.

Reactions: oeste858