How many erbbers currently have ever been experienced ?

Aug 5, 2021
The surfer in that beginning of that movie is Barry Kanaiaupuni. Jimi was really on for that show, I mean playing really well. People don't know how difficult it really is to play Jimi's music, let alone play and sing at the same time ...:oops:

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
when i was a youngster, in late ‘67 or early ‘68, was in e.j. korvettes, an east coast dept store chain, that had a pretty good record department - albums were like $3.69, maybe cheaper....

i had $5.00 in my pocket, so i could buy ONE record. i spent some minutes trying to decide between the first traffic album and AYE?...

i bought the traffic record. i remember thinking that JH, MM, & NR looked a lot cooler than SW and co, but there was a traffic single that was getting some radio play that i dug a lot...

i still listen to both of them on cd now and then, and i think i still might have the vinyl dear mister fantasy .

You must be around my age. I would have gotten Traffic too! Bought the first Santana record at Korvettes for 99cents. Korvettes got the new records right away and had sales. Spent a lot of time there in the record dept. Where was your store?
"40,000 Headmen couldn't make me change my mind
If I had to make a choice between a deaf man and the blind"

Last edited:
Reactions: One-Off

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
Great record. Used to listen to that album on the way to the con with my dad.
Listened to that record many times in my '65 GTO with an 8 track and four speakers with reverb.

Buddy and I would have a few tokes and a couple of beers while sitting in my car beside the Gold River watching the water flow by.

Good stuff.

Take care.

Reactions: Boneroni

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
You must be around my age. I would have gotten Traffic too! Bought the first Santana record at Korvettes for 99cents. Korvettes got the new records right away and had sales. Spent a lot of time there in the record dept. Where was your store?
"40,000 Headmen couldn't make me change my mind
If I had to make a choice between a deaf man and the blind"

:roflmao:

my local was woodbridge - there was one in north brunswick (nj) as well as the nyc locations...

i remember even in the late 70’s they’d get a few new english imports stocked for cheap !

:jamon:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Pics or it didn't happen.
Welll all right all right all right, look at how the universe came together for this here “pics or it didn’t happen” moment. Turns out my sister had them at home with her down in Colleyville Texas. And it just so happens that she and her husband were flying up to visit for the weekend (rare enough in its own right- first time my brother in law has even been to our home in the nearly 8 years we’ve lived here) and what does my dear sister surprise me with upon entering our home this evening around 11 pm? Thats right boys and girls: the real McCoy. The fucking black suede Jimi Hendrix Pants.

and the best part? I have indeed lost enough weight to fit in them and they look sick and fit perfectly. I give you, for your Viewing pleasure (and at no small sacrifice of my own, because you guys will Forever label me with the gayee NTTIAWWT) the pants made for Jimi, and bought by my dad after Jimi died before picking them up:

7F2F09FC-A449-4BD5-8D1B-39F6FEFDCBD4.jpeg

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Welll all right all right all right, look at how the universe came together for this here “pics or it didn’t happen” moment. Turns out my sister had them at home with her down in Colleyville Texas. And it just so happens that she and her husband were flying up to visit for the weekend (rare enough in its own right- first time my brother in law has even been to our home in the nearly 8 years we’ve lived here) and what does my dear sister surprise me with upon entering our home this evening around 11 pm? Thats right boys and girls: the real McCoy. The fucking black suede Jimi Hendrix Pants.

and the best part? I have indeed lost enough weight to fit in them and they look sick and fit perfectly. I give you, for your Viewing pleasure (and at no small sacrifice of my own, because you guys will Forever label me with the gayee NTTIAWWT) the pants made for Jimi, and bought by my dad after Jimi died before picking them up:

View attachment 122064

you forgot to ask “guys, does my ass look fat?”

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I know damn well how good my ass looks in these, I don’t need confirmation from the billabong house

my wife actually said “um, can you just like, wear those, all the time, every day, with nothing else on?
:shrug:
vanity.... all is vanity...

:roflmao: