How many erbbers currently have ever been experienced ?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
“Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful...…” - JH

I believe OT was there for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: stringcheese

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
My Pops hung out with Jimi for a little bit and has some funny stories, one time they took acid together and went to some pond with rowboats to mess around.

jimi was tripping out that people recognized him. He was wearing a purple velour coat and wild hat but with his sunglasses on was sure he was incognito :roflmao:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
“Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful...…” - JH

I believe OT was there for that.

when i was a youngster, in late ‘67 or early ‘68, was in e.j. korvettes, an east coast dept store chain, that had a pretty good record department - albums were like $3.69, maybe cheaper....

i had $5.00 in my pocket, so i could buy ONE record. i spent some minutes trying to decide between the first traffic album and AYE?...

i bought the traffic record. i remember thinking that JH, MM, & NR looked a lot cooler than SW and co, but there was a traffic single that was getting some radio play that i dug a lot...

i still listen to both of them on cd now and then, and i think i still might have the vinyl dear mister fantasy .

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
I went for the first time to Maui about 10 days after that concert. It was still pretty much of a scene. The island was still occupied with visitors who came for the event, it was hippie days and many were in no hurry to leave, and some just did not have plane fare. There were also a lot of "Flying saucer" believers who had some coincidental connection to the event. The resident hippy band at the time was "Space Patrol" from good ol' Laguna Beach. Yeah, being there to see Jimi would have been great.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My dads tailor in the city, back in the day, had a pair of tight black velvet bell bottoms, complete with silver stars running down the out seams, that he had made for Jimi. Well, poor Jimi died before he picked them up, and the tailor sold them to my dad. my dad, even into his forties, would pair them with a tuxedo to black tie events. :jamon: I think my mom still has them, or maybe I do in the attic. I always took my dads “Hendrix pants” for granted as a kid, gained far more appreciation for them when I fell in love with JH around 14 or so. But now, now those pants are serious classics. Too bad we don’t have any sort of certificate of authenticity or whatever.

I might actually be able to wear them now that I lost all that weight. Must investigate

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Doof