How biased is your new source?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
afoaf said:
BillyOcean said:
Why do leftists always try to give homework assignments?
because you clearly haven't read the course material

aren't you the one that rallies against feelz?
I’m pro feelz

Maybe you’re thinking of ifallalot

Who is totally feelz based himself

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
FecalFace said:
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:
I do agree that some of the sources should be further away from the center, like NPR. Aside from their 6 minute hourly news blasts, they don't belong in the same grouping as the AP, Reuters, USA Today, etc. A lot NPRs content is opinion/analysis based and it seems that they selectively screen their guests and callers.
Saying where you think sources should be on the graph reveals your bias
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
It's pretty clear by looking at the content of the prominent NPR stations that they typically lean left with editorialized content. Next :trout:
Not so fast, grapeasswipe. You’re presenting no evidence. Here is the site. Point out the left leaning editorialized content.
https://www.npr.org
I keep asking this every time this claim comes up.

Crickets.

I gather they think NPR editorial is elitist because it includes learning.
Lolz. So it's crickets when someone doesn't reply within 12 hours of a post (assuming they saw it in the first place), let alone overnight on a Saturday :confused2: :roflmao: If you don't have better things to do at 10 PM on a Saturday than respond to idiotic posts on this place, then I feel sorry for you :trout:

Here's some examples from KQED Forum out of SF. While this is one of thousands of NPR stations, they do have a nationwide audience and this show can be heard 10 times a week on satellite radio.

Journalist David Corn Explains Russia's War On American Democracy
https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101864764/journalist-david-corn-explains-russias-war-on-american-democracy

Steve Almond on the 'Bad Stories' that Brought Us Trumpism
https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101865058/steve-almond-on-the-bad-stories-that-brought-us-trumpism

Marin Theatre Company's 'Straight White Men' Confronts Masculinity, Privilege
https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101865827/marin-theatre-companys-straight-white-men-confronts-masculinity-privilege

Sounds like left leaning editorial content to me :shrug:

Also, if you listen to WBUR On Point out of Boston, also broadcast on satellite radio, you will hear Jack Beatty slam Trump on a weekly basis in their Friday news round up. NPR is far from neutral :trout:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
NPR is definitely left leaning, but not skewed as far left as many like to claim. I do think it should be slightly further left on that chart (on par with Politico) but that's just personal opinion.

There was likely a lot of data combined and analyzed to create that chart; so unless you've done the same its all just opinion.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
manbearpig said:
NPR is definitely left leaning, but not skewed as far left as many like to claim. I do think it should be slightly further left on that chart (on par with Politico) but that's just personal opinion.

There was likely a lot of data combined and analyzed to create that chart; so unless you've done the same its all just opinion.
Agreed. I think their vertical positioning on that chart in regards to truthfulness is correct, although NPR is certainly more biased than those in the direct center. The Trump Derangement has made it borderline unlistenable since the election, and I have certainly cutback on how much I listen to NPR.

That bias will also vary based on the local viewership i.e. donation base. Therefore the local NPR outlets will tailor their content to fit that demographic, which would be more liberal in San Francisco compared to St Louis or Kentucky.
Not sure why 1whoblows was so triggered by that statement :confused2: Some sensitive posters here :bawling:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
grapedrink said:
FecalFace said:
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:
1whoknows said:
Saying where you think sources should be on the graph reveals your bias
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
It's pretty clear by looking at the content of the prominent NPR stations that they typically lean left with editorialized content. Next :trout:
Not so fast, grapeasswipe. You’re presenting no evidence. Here is the site. Point out the left leaning editorialized content.
https://www.npr.org
I keep asking this every time this claim comes up.

Crickets.

I gather they think NPR editorial is elitist because it includes learning.
Lolz. So it's crickets when someone doesn't reply within 12 hours of a post (assuming they saw it in the first place), let alone overnight on a Saturday :confused2: :roflmao: If you don't have better things to do at 10 PM on a Saturday than respond to idiotic posts on this place, then I feel sorry for you :trout:

Here's some examples from KQED Forum out of SF. While this is one of thousands of NPR stations, they do have a nationwide audience and this show can be heard 10 times a week on satellite radio.

Journalist David Corn Explains Russia's War On American Democracy
https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101864764/journalist-david-corn-explains-russias-war-on-american-democracy

Steve Almond on the 'Bad Stories' that Brought Us Trumpism
https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101865058/steve-almond-on-the-bad-stories-that-brought-us-trumpism

Marin Theatre Company's 'Straight White Men' Confronts Masculinity, Privilege
https://www.kqed.org/forum/2010101865827/marin-theatre-companys-straight-white-men-confronts-masculinity-privilege

Sounds like left leaning editorial content to me :shrug:

Also, if you listen to WBUR On Point out of Boston, also broadcast on satellite radio, you will hear Jack Beatty slam Trump on a weekly basis in their Friday news round up. NPR is far from neutral :trout:
I didn’t pick up any liberal bias in any of those presentations. Any passages within those that alerted you to liberal bias?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
manbearpig said:
This is the main point.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I didn’t pick up any liberal bias in any of those presentations. Any passages within those that alerted you to liberal bias?
It’s pretty clear that those topic titles lend themselves to discussions of liberal interest and the inherent bias that comes with that topic and the guest speakers presenting it. If you can’t see that from the title, you are an idiot.
I’ve listened to a number of those Forum podcasts myself, and I usually enjoy them. Have you :confused2: The hosts clearly pander to their guests opinions. How is that not opinion/editorial :confused2:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
grapedrink said:
It’s pretty clear that those topic titles lend themselves to discussions of liberal interest and the inherent bias that comes with that topic and the guest speakers presenting it. If you can’t see that from the title, you are an idiot.
I’ve listened to a number of those Forum podcasts myself, and I usually enjoy them. Have you :confused2: The hosts clearly pander to their guests opinions. How is that not opinion/editorial :confused2:
The presentations did not state “BUILD THE WALL!!!” or “LOCK HER UP!!!” so, yeah, pretty liberal then. Carry on.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:
The presentations did not state “BUILD THE WALL!!!” or “LOCK HER UP!!!” so, yeah, pretty liberal then. Carry on.
Reductionism, evasion and false dichotomy. You’ve gone full dotard :hah: :loser:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
BillyOcean said:
afoaf said:
BillyOcean said:
Why do leftists always try to give homework assignments?
because you clearly haven't read the course material

aren't you the one that rallies against feelz?
I’m pro feelz

Maybe you’re thinking of ifallalot

Who is totally feelz based himself

Not that there’s anything wrong with that
[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0W-uYf6GVE[/video]

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:
I'll take "I've never listened to KQED" for $1,000

Do you even KPFA bro?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
grapedrink said:
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:
Reductionism, evasion and false dichotomy. You’ve gone full dotard :hah: :loser:
bullshit. You didn’t even listen to the links you posted. I guess the one link discussed a play, and I guess you could say that rightys don’t like plays or something, making the story left wing. What do righty’s even assert? That there should be very few regulations on guns? That seems to be common. That government, except te military should be “smaller, (whatever that means). That States should decide everything, except military stuff. That marriage should be between a man and a woman. What else? Hillary sucks. Obama sucks. McCain sucks. Paling was not a joke.
Trump is not a joke. What else? Immigrants should all be educated in some field we need, other than service or agricultural fields. Muslims should be limited from coming to the United States. What else? What else do you so called righty’s believe in?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
the janitor said:
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:

Do you even KPFA bro?
what have you heard that’s left leaning? I listened to trump today. He told people at a rally that immigrants made them less safe. Is that a right wing idea? Is that what y’all believe? That’s what he said.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
1whoknows said:
the janitor said:

Do you even KPFA bro?
what have you heard that’s left leaning? I listened to trump today. He told people at a rally that immigrants made them less safe. Is that a right wing idea? Is that what y’all believe? That’s what he said.
I listen to KQED all the time, so I've heard a lot. I'm thinking you might prefer KPFA though, both are easy to access on the internet, give it a shot.

Why would you listen to Trump on a Sunday?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You didn’t even listen to the links you posted.
Actually I remember listening to the second one you dotard. Steve Almond bagged on Trump (deservedly) the entire show without an opposing counterpoint guest, aside from a few callers. He also gave his analysis on what drove voters to Trump.

I do not recall listening to first link although I might have. The guest is an editor at Mother Jones, so yeah, that pretty much says it all.

The "White Privilege" theatre one is relatively new and I have not had the chance to listen to it, but the fact that KQED devoted an hour to discussing the idea of white privilege, which is a liberal construct and idea, shows that the producers are catering to that bias.

Beat it cuck.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
grapedrink said:
Actually I remember listening to the second one you dotard. Steve Almond bagged on Trump (deservedly) the entire show without an opposing counterpoint guest, aside from a few callers. He also gave his analysis on what drove voters to Trump.

I do not recall listening to first link although I might have. The guest is an editor at Mother Jones, so yeah, that pretty much says it all.

The "White Privilege" theatre one is relatively new and I have not had the chance to listen to it, but the fact that KQED devoted an hour to discussing the idea of white privilege, which is a liberal construct and idea, shows that the producers are catering to that bias.

Beat it cuck.
beat it, huh? You would dream of the waves I’ve surfed. You don’t have the ‘nads. I guarantee it. Republican ass holes all of you.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
1whoknows said:
grapedrink said:

Beat it cuck.
beat it, huh? You would dream of the waves I’ve surfed. You don’t have the ‘nads. I guarantee it. Republican ass holes all of you.
:roflmao:

Remember the time you wrote a complaint to a radio show because you never received the free gourmet popcorn prize you won?