How’s the stock market?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yellow hit $12 today. 300% in a few months. Trucking, son, trucking
Next week Im going to allocate a small portion of my 401k into a self directed account. I didn’t realize vanguard allows up to 15% of a retirement participants account to be self directed. As @Sharkbiscuit said, I too want a barrel of dry powder to buy some serious discounts in the coming months

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Yellow hit $12 today. 300% in a few months. Trucking, son, trucking
Congrats! That's awesome!

Now school me. What the hell is "yellow" besides a gay ass friendly color. Not that there's anything wrong with that (NTTAWWT).

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
YELL. national trucking company. Has massive upcoming contracts with Uncle Sam to help alleviate supply chain issues. I’m um, very well informed on this one, and the chairman of the board himself just BOUGHT another 25,000 shares at $11, so, I think it’s really going to hit that 20 or even 25 mark. This is a man, regardless of how wealthy he his, would not drop 300k lightly. He’s a cheap but very smart and crafty dude. Owns a few islands and islets in the st Lawrence river

• Love
Reactions: r32 and grapedrink

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Need to take photo in good lighting. It's all automated facial recognition stuff and that requires a decent shot. Facebook has the largest databases in the world for facial recognition and license out their software to other companies for stuff like ID verification. Need to take a shot that is very clear, in good lighting, and make sure you do whatever it is they ask, such as hold a stickynote with the current date and 'coinbase' written on it or whatever. It's a pain but one-time deal.
So in order to use Coinbase you have to allow facebook to upload your image, personal details, and banking information into their databases?

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
So in order to use Coinbase you have to allow facebook to upload your image, personal details, and banking information into their databases?
I'm not positive Cb uses Fb tech, but they at least use something very similar. Facebook just kind of became defacto leader in this technology when they acquired some small unknown company a while back that had some top level facial recognition software. Couple this with Fb having largest db of people shots in the world and it's an insta facial db on the world. Then couple this with fact Fb users upload billions of shots with meta data (gps coordinates) and now Fb have a dynamic map of where everyone is at all times.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Off topic but kind of interesting. FB shutting down it's recognition software 4 days ago.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
[
I don't have Fakebook and I was able to get on Coinbase. This was back in 2017 though.

JNJ splitting up. I hope Johnson gets all of Johnson's sh!t in the divorce.
i just signed up for Coinbase and have never had a Facebook account. the first day or two, it made me upload my id card a couple of times, but it seems to have calmed down since and accepted me for who i am :rolleyes:

testing the waters and it's all you guy's fault. i bought $100 in BTC, $50 in ETH, and parked $50 USD there. have no idea what to do next. i went through all the little tutorials and earned all the free tokens and everything i bought and/or earned has gone down. and so it goes.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
RIVN (Rivian Electric Motors) stock just went live for trading on NASDAQ 2m ago.

Volatility as expected. Threw in some money right now with almost zero due diligence. Full on ape degen style. Entry at 111 Let's fucking go. :monkey:

Edit: Annnnd stopped out at 109. Who knew electric vehicles could be so much fun!
RIVN is at $129.95 now.

Why such a tight stop when going in at $111 on a story stock?

Come on man, YOLO it!

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
RIVN is at $129.95 now.

Why such a tight stop when going in at $111 on a story stock?

Come on man, YOLO it!
It's been my experience me yolo-ing a stock with zero dd usually ends up bad. :D

I bought some RIVN on the way up yesterday. Not a big bag but would be nice gains.

Also picked up some $YELL on the dip today per @Subway dd. We'll see how that goes. :roflmao:

GE splitting up into 3 companies after 129 years. Maybe opportunity for some gains.

Aviation
Health Care
Energy

Reactions: Mr Doof

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
YELL. national trucking company. Has massive upcoming contracts with Uncle Sam to help alleviate supply chain issues. I’m um, very well informed on this one, and the chairman of the board himself just BOUGHT another 25,000 shares at $11, so, I think it’s really going to hit that 20 or even 25 mark. This is a man, regardless of how wealthy he his, would not drop 300k lightly. He’s a cheap but very smart and crafty dude. Owns a few islands and islets in the st Lawrence river
more YELL insider stock purchases. could it be they know something? :unsure:

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
RIVN (Rivian Electric Motors) stock just went live for trading on NASDAQ 2m ago.

Volatility as expected. Through in some money right now with almost zero due diligence. Full on ape degen style. Entry at 111 Let's fucking go. :monkey:

Edit: Annnnd stopped out at 109. Who knew electric vehicles could be so much fun!
Friend of mine ordered a vehicle last year. He said he heard after the fact that Rivian was supposed to inform him that he could buy 175 shares at $78 with the vehicle order, and didn't.:roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
more YELL insider stock purchases. could it be they know something? :unsure:

I don’t know how I can make it any clearer while still hopefully staying on the right side of the “amateur pretend stock trading” that we are engaging in here, and not get accused of some sort of pretend insider stock tipping, which wouldn’t matter because this is all mock trading so to speak. And I am not an insider nor do I know any, personally.

now that I have made that clear to our friends at the NSA (hi Bob!) I am neither an officer nor employee of YELL, and know little about the company other than I have actually heard of them. And I don’t even personally know any execs or employees of the company….yes of course the company executives know WTF is going to happen in the next several months and it will more than likely be very good for Yell; in fact it’s already tripled its once humble stock price in just a few months, Wall Street is paying attention again to them now, and yet another officer has bought a batch. you know how lots of companies have CEOs and presidents and sh!t, but all of those nabobs have to answer to a chairman of the board? Well, YELL has one of those. Use you imagination why I might mention that in an oblique and faintly baked way, and why, several months ago, I said with no hesitation “buy Yell” and I just bought some more myself today, even at $12, because I think it’s going to $25 before the end of 2022, if not by summer of 2022

• Haha
Reactions: r32

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
I don’t know how I can make it any clearer while still hopefully staying on the right side of the “amateur pretend stock trading” that we are engaging in here, and not get accused of some sort of pretend insider stock tipping, which wouldn’t matter because this is all mock trading so to speak. And I am not an insider nor do I know any, personally.
uh huh, the Martha Stewart defense :roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Hey, I’d trade 4 months in a Club Fed if it meant I could have my own show with snoop dawg #lifegoals

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
Haha yep, shorts can't cover. Ouch. Option volume is also extreme, so looking like a gamma squeeze is in the works for next expiration, November 19, to cover those. I don't think they will be having a good weekend.

Warrants are up 110% on the day. Good stuff.
am holding 100 shares of BKKT, priced mostly in the $20's, because, why not?

but apparently, this stock is still quite popular with the shorts.... i got an email from Schwab about BKKT :
" Schwab's Securities Lending Fully Paid (SLFP) program, which may allow you to earn monthly income for lending securities to Schwab that are in high demand by other investors. Your account currently holds securities that may qualify for the SLFP program....

With your permission, Schwab can lend your securities to other clients or financial institutions to facilitate their trading strategies, which typically involve a short sale. While participating in SLFP, you still own your shares and retain the right to sell or remove the shares from the program at any time "
Schwab will split the interest they charge to short this stock with me if i will make my shares available to lend...apparently, my 100 share currently are worth about $311 per month in interest. never got that kind of offer before but it looks like easy passive income, with little downside that i can see - i'd be happy to hold the stock for as long as the fun lasts :cheers: