How’s the stock market?

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
10 years ago I would spend hours on Reddit. Not, I hardly ever do. Too many ads.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Lol the market has definitely cooled today although those EV stocks still going wild. Except Fisker which is now bankrupt (again).

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Im just going to grab an ETF for cannastocks and hold for awhile, we will see if dems make any headway...

Same. CNBS

Did you buy?

Back around early 2021, one of my nephews was asking for moolah to buy some pot stocks, He wanted 50% of profit of a stock he liked, I offered 10% since it would have been all my money and me likely paying any gains tax. (no 'deal' was ever reached)

But if I/we could have timed it just right........and shorted it, would be sitting pretty now:
1711668290784.png

PS

Hot tip from motley fool: rare “all in” on OLED. Component maker for virtually everything (including next waves of iphones) gonna buy 2 shares at 240 each, camp on them for a decade see if it really goes up several thousand split adjusted %. Another pick for you CBD guys that has a much lower entry point- charlottes web.
It’s a long hold. 5+ years
That way people can't call BS on it and will forget about it if it never pans out.

The erBB never forgets...if you liked it at 240, you'll love it now:

1711669046688.png

And will guess the Charlotte's Web went the same way as so many other pot stocks, but someone else can look that up.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's also, frankly, the best crowdsourced place to find answers to questions about subjects you're not an expert in, which drives more engagement.
So much of these crowdsourced "answers" are grossly inaccurate or slanted towards negative - like I said before, it's just another spin on Yelp but perhaps worse.

Scary thing is there must be some idiots out there mining it for AI purposes.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Stock market cool off this morning. Easter holiday hangover.

RDDT drops again. Thinkroswim still shows as HTB (hard to borrow). Since I can't short, I should have grabbed some Puts last week when it started to drop. Options were posted last week.

Any other broker have shares available to borrow on Reddit?

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

RDDT drops again. Thinkroswim still shows as HTB (hard to borrow). Since I can't short, I should have grabbed some Puts last week when it started to drop. Options were posted last week.

Any other broker have shares available to borrow on Reddit?
Engrish?

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
FWIT

This weekend, was trying to help out the brother-in-law with his belief that the USA needs lots of copper wire in the future and how he could play this in the market.

Beside the easy idea to buy miners and refiners and wire makers and subsequent buyers of said wire, I didn't have much to really say.

"How do you find companies to buy," he asked.

"Ah, the fantasy stock picking game thing I do? Hmm, well, a quick search brings me this and they post some companies that make copper wire in the USA. Find one that is making money now and is predicted to make money in the future (and why), etc., then see if any are publicly traded. Then you make some choices and live with them."

Anyway, sometimes it makes me wonder what people put in the search boxes at google.com for this sort of stuff. I mean, if I can find it, can't everyone else?

My Youtube feed was full of TSLA vids this weekend that were more or less strongly hinting TSLA is going to sky rocket soon. I wonder if the algo saw me looking up copper and fed me hype.....sigh.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
FWIT

This weekend, was trying to help out the brother-in-law with his belief that the USA needs lots of copper wire in the future and how he could play this in the market.

Beside the easy idea to buy miners and refiners and wire makers and subsequent buyers of said wire, I didn't have much to really say.

"How do you find companies to buy," he asked.

"Ah, the fantasy stock picking game thing I do? Hmm, well, a quick search brings me this and they post some companies that make copper wire in the USA. Find one that is making money now and is predicted to make money in the future (and why), etc., then see if any are publicly traded. Then you make some choices and live with them."

Anyway, sometimes it makes me wonder what people put in the search boxes at google.com for this sort of stuff. I mean, if I can find it, can't everyone else?

My Youtube feed was full of TSLA vids this weekend that were more or less strongly hinting TSLA is going to sky rocket soon. I wonder if the algo saw me looking up copper and fed me hype.....sigh.
Has he ever heard of RF frequencies?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Pre market is sliding.

Is TSLA done as a hype stock? Been looking dead for a while now. Might try shorting it to sub 150 but that stock manages to fuck over the shorts quite often.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Pre market is sliding.

Is TSLA done as a hype stock? Been looking dead for a while now. Might try shorting it to sub 150 but that stock manages to fuck over the shorts quite often.
Elon has demonstrated his comfort with SEC fines in the face of manipulating his stock for personal wealth gains.

we’re supposed to side with the house on this one, I think.

Reactions: r32