How’s the stock market?

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Regardless of the lame bet at SVB , hedging in this arena is and has been a blackhole . Its only as good ss your counterpart y .

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Brukus fyi , dxy is unchanged in the last 30 years , down 10 percent in the last 40 .

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Brukus fyi , dxy is unchanged in the last 30 years , down 10 percent in the last 40 .
It has varied quite a bit more than that, looking at the graphs now, it's not so stale.

In the end I'm more worried about the Brazilian Real vs the dollar and it's being absolutely obliterated along with all my buying power. I'm gonna have to double down on selling those icecreams.

• Sad
Reactions: PRCD and grapedrink

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JPMorgan Chase
Citigroup
and others

In talks to deposit $20 billion into First Republic Bank (FRC).

An acquisition is no longer being discussed. Once again, big players get bailed out.

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
It has varied quite a bit more than that, looking at the graphs now, it's not so stale.

In the end I'm more worried about the Brazilian Real vs the dollar and it's being absolutely obliterated along with all my buying power. I'm gonna have to double down on selling those icecreams.
The Brazil Ag market desires a weak real , everyone else , not so much .

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Banks Borrow $164.8 Billion From Fed in Rush to Backstop Liquidity

Data published by the Fed showed $152.85 billion in borrowing from the discount window — the traditional liquidity backstop for banks — in the week ended March 15, a record high, up from $4.58 billion the previous week. The prior all-time high was $111 billion reached during the 2008 financial crisis.

The data also showed $11.9 billion in borrowing from the Fed’s new emergency backstop known as the Bank Term Funding Program, which was launched Sunday.

All told, the emergency loans reversed around half of the balance-sheet shrinkage that the Fed has achieved since it began so-called quantitative tightening — allowing its portfolio of assets to run down — in June last year. And the central bank’s reserve balances jumped by some $440 billion in a week — which “basically reversed all the Fed’s QT efforts,” according to Capital Economics.

• Wow
Reactions: PJ and INDTUBE

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Banks Borrow $164.8 Billion From Fed in Rush to Backstop Liquidity

Data published by the Fed showed $152.85 billion in borrowing from the discount window — the traditional liquidity backstop for banks — in the week ended March 15, a record high, up from $4.58 billion the previous week. The prior all-time high was $111 billion reached during the 2008 financial crisis.

The data also showed $11.9 billion in borrowing from the Fed’s new emergency backstop known as the Bank Term Funding Program, which was launched Sunday.

All told, the emergency loans reversed around half of the balance-sheet shrinkage that the Fed has achieved since it began so-called quantitative tightening — allowing its portfolio of assets to run down — in June last year. And the central bank’s reserve balances jumped by some $440 billion in a week — which “basically reversed all the Fed’s QT efforts,” according to Capital Economics.
Just last week we were told this was only a $20 billion extraordinary measure to insure large depositors, DEFINITELY NOT A BAILOUT. Now it's about the size of the 2008 bailouts.

No.

We’ll all be using crypto.

specifically bitcoin.

:monkey:
They're going to replace that with CBDCs and then we are going to be hosed. It gives them a large amount of power over what you spend your money on, but - as we've seen - they're under completely different rules, meaning, "None at all."

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
This is Marie Antoinette-level. It's completely demoralizing that we let these people rule us. Are there any men left in the West?
Huh? There is a lot to be furious about in this whole mess but some housewife showing her butt to a camera at a party seems to be missing the point

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Huh? There is a lot to be furious about in this whole mess but some housewife showing her butt to a camera at a party seems to be missing the point
Imagine writing this and thinking I missed the point.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Like I said there is plenty to be pissed off about... and by all accounts this is the tip of the iceberg with whats coming. I guess you could call metaphor on it, but seems to me that a ny post p.6 article looking to generate outrage is in all likelihood trying to distract us from whats actually going on.