High speed rail. "The worst-case scenario has happened..."

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Autoprax said:
Isn't that part of CA going to be where all the development is in the next 50 years?

The coast is filled up.
Dummies don’t get it. No foresight like most dummies.

There has to be a larger network but you have to start somewhere.

This should have been done in coastal areas 80 years ago.

Plus Tracy has a killer skatepark.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
grapedrink said:
casa_mugrienta said:
We should divert gas tax "money for road repairs" to fill in the gaps in high speed rail funding.

Or how about just an additional gas tax?
:roflmao: Or just raise the state income tax, what's paying 12% if you already pay 11%? Meanwhile, keep doling pensions based on 98% of a state employees last year's salary before retirement, for the rest of their lives :toilet:
Yes!

Great plan!

Don't like the gas tax? Use public transportation!
Why don’t you sit in your car for 4 hours a day and let other people take the train.
If you are dumb enough to believe that 1 person to a car is a viable mode of transportation in CA in foreseeable future and that building more roads is a solution for relieving the traffic problem in SC, instead of investing in public transportation options, you deserve to waste your life sitting in traffic and listening to your dumb right wing kook podcasts.

It’s about having a choice.

It cracks me up when you talk about your liberties being taken away from you but you want to take other people’s liberties away.
The high speed rail is not a choice. It is from like Bakersfield to Tracy and has zero infrastructure planned to get you to where you actually need to go from Bako or Tracy.

How you equate this to taking other people's liberty away? :roflmao:
Yes, liberty comes from having a choice.

A choice of not having to spend half of your working life sitting in a car.

But no.

You are concentrating only on the now because you are a dummy.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
While I agree with you the network has to start somewhere, this boondoggle has nothing to do with preventing people sitting in traffic, at least within the next century at this rate. This "somewhere" is literally nowhere, and goes through a part of California that is not plagued with congestion or traffic, nor will ever be

The liberty that comes with a having a choice besides cars is negated when the money for the choice is being stolen from everyone else to fund something that would be able to be funded on its own if it was really a tenable project.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
In the old days, you built the rail roads and then you bought that land around the railroad

Don't you guys watch cowboy movies?

Or True Detective Season 2, which I like BTW.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
the janitor said:
CharmingSophisticate said:
I'm assuming that a bike lane is going come with this.
only for the Central Valley leg, too much opposition from you aggro SoCal f*cks to make it work down there. Up here we will be using rickshaws
I'm down with the rickshaws, it would give me the opportunity to make my oppression of other cultures more diverse and since asians are honorary white people it will signal my wokeness to the world.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
While I agree with you the network has to start somewhere, this boondoggle has nothing to do with preventing people sitting in traffic, at least within the next century at this rate. This "somewhere" is literally nowhere, and goes through a part of California that is not plagued with congestion or traffic, nor will ever be

The liberty that comes with a having a choice besides cars is negated when the money for the choice is being stolen from everyone else to fund something that would be able to be funded on its own if it was really a tenable project.
Coastal Southern California was "nowhere" 100 years ago also.

If somebody had enough foresight to start building a train network then, instead of building malls and suburbs, centered around the automobile, we probably would have a traffic problem today.

Urban planning in SC has always been about short term financial gain.
It's never been about making it a better place to live.

That's what happens when there's no GUBMINT REGULAYSHN or foresight.

Also, you came out against ALL public transportation or bike lanes.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Democrat said:
Haters

Before you blow your tops, how many of you have ever tried to commute between Victorville and Tracy? This high speed rail is a blessing to at least a dozen people.
A lot of people in that area thought they were voting to get high on rails of speed.

Calling this train to nowhere the Palin Express only added to the confusion.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
Kento said:
Democrat said:
Haters

Before you blow your tops, how many of you have ever tried to commute between Victorville and Tracy? This high speed rail is a blessing to at least a dozen people.
A lot of people in that area thought they were voting to get high on rails of speed.

Calling this train to nowhere the Palin Express only added to the confusion.
Would you define this project as a jobs program for tweakers?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

If somebody had enough foresight to start building a train network then, instead of building malls and suburbs, centered around the automobile, we probably would have a traffic problem today.

:roflmao:

Government regulation enabled everything about the SoCal transportation network.

And to be fair, making places easy to get to by car without public transportation was looked at as making the world a better place to live when everything was developed 50-75 years ago. Trains were looked at as old-fashioned and outmoded.

I am against all public transportation and bike lanes. Mass transit doesn't have to and shouldn't be "public"

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Autoprax said:
In the old days, you built the rail roads and then you bought that land around the railroad

You have it backwards

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

Government regulation enabled everything about the SoCal transportation network.

And to be fair, making places easy to get to by car without public transportation was looked at as making the world a better place to live when everything was developed 50-75 years ago. Trains were looked at as old-fashioned and outmoded.

I am against all public transportation and bike lanes. Mass transit doesn't have to and shouldn't be "public"
You like toll roads? :socrazy:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

A high speed rail from San Bernardino to Vegas would be much more useful. Lots of people taking that route and it’s not like you need a car once you’re there. No need for many stops. The Big Boy Thermometer in Baker and Halloran Springs are quite impressive tourist attractions, I know, but I think most people will survive.

The only downside to the high speed part is that you don’t get enough to truly get your drink on before the Raider game.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
ifallalot said:
Autoprax said:

You have it backwards
Yes.

I'm sure the evil robber barons own the land around the RR.

That is like KS wave pool.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Kento said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

A high speed rail from San Bernardino to Vegas would be much more useful. Lots of people taking that route and it’s not like you need a car once you’re there. No need for many stops. The Big Boy Thermometer in Baker and Halloran Springs are quite impressive tourist attractions, I know, but I think most people will survive.

The only downside to the high speed part is that you don’t get enough to truly get your drink on before the Raider game.
But you can do rails the whole way.

I 100% support a train to Vegas for Raiders games

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
ifallalot said:
Kento said:
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:

But you can do rails the whole way.

I 100% support a train to Vegas for Raiders games
To quote the infamous Black Hole denizen Raider Rob in response to the Patriots Snow Job, “This year WE bring the snow and it won’t be the kind that fall from the sky, baby!” :roflmao:

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
train is a good idea. public transportation in America is sad. no surprise though that govt. is incapable of doing anything under budget.