High speed rail. "The worst-case scenario has happened..."

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
We should divert gas tax "money for road repairs" to fill in the gaps in high speed rail funding.

Or how about just an additional gas tax?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
casa_mugrienta said:
We should divert gas tax "money for road repairs" to fill in the gaps in high speed rail funding.

:roflmao: Or just raise the state income tax, what's paying 12% if you already pay 11%? Meanwhile, keep doling pensions based on 98% of a state employees last year's salary before retirement, for the rest of their lives :toilet:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
grapedrink said:
casa_mugrienta said:

:roflmao: Or just raise the state income tax, what's paying 12% if you already pay 11%? Meanwhile, keep doling pensions based on 98% of a state employees last year's salary before retirement, for the rest of their lives :toilet:
Yes!

Great plan!

Don't like the gas tax? Use public transportation!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
the janitor said:
CharmingSophisticate said:
I'm assuming that a bike lane is going come with this.
only for the Central Valley leg, too much opposition from you aggro SoCal f*cks to make it work down there. Up here we will be using rickshaws
:roflmao:

Never knew surfers hated using their legs so much.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
grapedrink said:
casa_mugrienta said:

Yes!

Great plan!

Why don’t you sit in your car for 4 hours a day and let other people take the train.
If you are dumb enough to believe that 1 person to a car is a viable mode of transportation in CA in foreseeable future and that building more roads is a solution for relieving the traffic problem in SC, instead of investing in public transportation options, you deserve to waste your life sitting in traffic and listening to your dumb right wing kook podcasts.

It’s about having a choice.

It cracks me up when you talk about your liberties being taken away from you but you want to take other people’s liberties away.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm all for trains, although I question how well traveled this particular route will actually be. It will be faster and most likely cheaper to fly if you need to go between SF and LA. Otherwise, how often do people from SF or LA really care to go somewhere in the Central Valley, or from the valley to the big city :confused2:

Now if it went up and down the 101 corridor, then you'd have something :shrug:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
grapedrink said:
I'm all for trains, although I question how well traveled this particular route will actually be. It will be faster and most likely cheaper to fly if you need to go between SF and LA. Otherwise, how often do people from SF or LA really care to go somewhere in the Central Valley, or from the valley to the big city :confused2:

Now if it went up and down the 101 corridor, then you'd have something :shrug:
This project is not perfect. It’s poorly conceived.
Also, there has to be a larger transportation network in order for it to make a meaningful impact.
A single line with no additional transportation hubs along the way has limited appeal.
But it’s a start.

That was not my point though.

Dummies like ifall are against ALL public transportation and bicycle lanes.

So much for liberty. :roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Agreed. If they add enough supporting lines to link the coastal areas back to the main line it could work, although I think it will be a wash for most routes. If it would get me to an international airport in equal time without having to drive myself and deal with parking, I'd be stocked :beer:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Generally I like being a Californian. Weather's great, lots of fun places to go and things to do, mountains, ocean, redwoods, economy's going gangbusters, the best universities, the whole works. Beats the hell out of most places.

But boy, they fucked up big on this one.

Dec 10, 2017
Haters

Before you blow your tops, how many of you have ever tried to commute between Victorville and Tracy? This high speed rail is a blessing to at least a dozen people.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
grapedrink said:
casa_mugrienta said:

Yes!

Great plan!

Why don’t you sit in your car for 4 hours a day and let other people take the train.
If you are dumb enough to believe that 1 person to a car is a viable mode of transportation in CA in foreseeable future and that building more roads is a solution for relieving the traffic problem in SC, instead of investing in public transportation options, you deserve to waste your life sitting in traffic and listening to your dumb right wing kook podcasts.

It cracks me up when you talk about your liberties being taken away from you but you want to take other people’s liberties away.
The high speed rail is not a choice. It is from like Bakersfield to Tracy and has zero infrastructure planned to get you to where you actually need to go from Bako or Tracy.

How you equate this to taking other people's liberty away? :roflmao:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Democrat said:
Haters

Before you blow your tops, how many of you have ever tried to commute between Victorville and Tracy? This high speed rail is a blessing to at least a dozen people.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
ifallalot said:
FecalFace said:
ifallalot said:
grapedrink said:
casa_mugrienta said:

Yes!

Great plan!

The high speed rail is not a choice. It is from like Bakersfield to Tracy and has zero infrastructure planned to get you to where you actually need to go from Bako or Tracy.

How you equate this to taking other people's liberty away?
He's just that fucked in the head. No logic whatsoever.

It's a side effect of FLS (Faecal leakage syndrome). Drip, drip, drip. :vomit: