Help! What do I do?

Mar 1, 2010
I see guys get into their truck with a wet wetsuit and it definitely says kook. No plastic or towel or anything. Just nasty ocean water all over their seat. For an extra 10 minutes and maybe 5 minutes of being cold they could take it off, save their dignity and save their seat from smelling like chit!
ive jumped in my truck for maybe a minute to drive down the outer beach to hit a different tide dependent spot. front seat area gets trashed. sucks when you actually have a vehicle you take care of

Reactions: sdsrfr

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
ive jumped in my truck for maybe a minute to drive down the outer beach to hit a different tide dependent spot. front seat area gets trashed. sucks when you actually have a vehicle you take care of
I bet it does. I tried to do a double session and kept my wetsuit one for about 30 minutes before hopping into the truck and driving to a spot a few minutes away and my seat was all wet. Its leather so not too big a deal, but i've never done it since.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
That's how Kento was so quickly welcomed into the tribe at his new local. Frozen stickers and a luke warm spray from his rinsekit. A glimpse of his barbed wire bicep tattoos sealed the deal. He basically gets any wave he wants now.
Damnit. Now everyone knows!

(the barbed wire tats are combined with a pair of sawhorses)

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Extra fun when you introduce an organism that sets up shop and you grow a funk colony over the next week(s).

I don’t care how cold it is or how close you live nearby. Driving home in a wetsuit is a rookie move.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Extra fun when you introduce an organism that sets up shop and you grow a funk colony over the next week(s).

I don’t care how cold it is or how close you live nearby. Driving home in a wetsuit is a rookie move.
Pffft. If your rig doesnt have sand in every crack and smell like decaying neoprene and urine youre not even a real surfer.

But for real, a beach towel or poncho over the seat and some rubber floor mats prevent any funk in my experience. Nothing beats driving the 3 min home to unsuit in a piping hot shower instead of changing alongside a dark highway in pouring rain.

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Try not to do it but sometimes you get out and your hands straight up do not work. Water in 30s, air below that and 25+ wind - you can be the guy in the lot calling me a kook. It’s just faster/easier and probably safer.

If you have to do it, use a boardbag on the seat. Fat end on the floor. Water will pool up. Be careful when you’re getting out and removing the “water”. Put a towel over center console. Seat stays completely dry and no long term funk.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Pffft. If your rig doesnt have sand in every crack and smell like decaying neoprene and urine youre not even a real surfer.

But for real, a beach towel or poncho over the seat and some rubber floor mats prevent any funk in my experience. Nothing beats driving the 3 min home to unsuit in a piping hot shower instead of changing alongside a dark highway in pouring rain.
This

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I see guys get into their truck with a wet wetsuit and it definitely says kook. No plastic or towel or anything. Just nasty ocean water all over their seat. For an extra 10 minutes and maybe 5 minutes of being cold they could take it off, save their dignity and save their seat from smelling like chit!
put a towel or two down first you silly fools, maybe a wool blankie like mommy used to tuck you into bed wit as a wee wittle boy?

Mar 1, 2010

didn't say i drove home.. i drove down the outer beach.. literally a 2 minutes.. :foreheadslap:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
heavy if true dude.

so, back to original topic. @jkb i read the old rinsekit thread and their were some pretty good suggestions for alternate uses.

@Autoprax suggested the rinsekit as mobile bukakke dispenser which I thought was pretty neat and creative.

just trying to be helpful since you're too embarrassed to be caught rinse kitting in public.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I've considered a changing poncho/robe in my recent years. I don't thin I'd be hanging out in it or anything, but it's not the worst development to consider. I think they look kooky, but it's literally two towels stitched together...

I can se driving home in a wetsuit if you live nearby and it's honest to god freezing (I'm picturing Jersey, NY, Maryland, etc.). No shame. But driving home in your wetsuit in California is pretty silly. I fill a 40oz hydro flask and change in a bucket. If I'm really on top of it, I bring a neoprene mat that I was given so my footsies don't have to touch the pavement. It seems one level less lame than those fake grassmats.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I've considered a changing poncho/robe in my recent years. I don't thin I'd be hanging out in it or anything, but it's not the worst development to consider. I think they look kooky, but it's literally two towels stitched together...

I can se driving home in a wetsuit if you live nearby and it's honest to god freezing (I'm picturing Jersey, NY, Maryland, etc.). No shame. But driving home in your wetsuit in California is pretty silly. I fill a 40oz hydro flask and change in a bucket. If I'm really on top of it, I bring a neoprene mat that I was given so my footsies don't have to touch the pavement. It seems one level less lame than those fake grassmats.
hipster test passed!

patagonia beanie and down jacket would be next.