Hawaii- Done

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I think once the vaccines get FDA approval there might be some changes. In the meantime it sure would be nice if Mark Healey and co’s sponsors told them to shut the fook up.
What’s he been posting?

Edit nvm just saw his IG.

What a moron. How could you do that with a young kid at home

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
If I say I have friends that graduated from Punahou is that akin to a white person saying I can’t be racist I have Black friends? Asking for a friend.

On a serious note a friend from Bowls passed away last night after a long battle with cancer. Bernie Yee. Forgot her maiden name, but their family owned the property the ABC store is on that’s across the street from Red Lobster. She has a twin sister Patty and both were long time Bowls and Rockpiles regulars. Bernie’s husband Malcolm is the guy getting burned by Jeannie in some of the pictures I post of our morning sessions. And her son Steven is a ripper. All Punahou graduates and all friends.

Bernie and Patty were identical twins and it was hard for me to tell them apart. Bernie was the nice one. But if Patty said something f*cked up I would just ignore both of them.

One morning I had some drama in the water. Got burned by a Euro kook. When I sounded him he pretended he didn’t speak English. That enraged me. I told him to beat it or else. I made the universal language of my fist hitting my palm and screamed you understand this. He did and went in. Later I was in the parking lot and Bernie was getting ready to leave. She goes hey Troy I like your sign language and does the fist into palm gesture to me. We both start cracking up.

RIP Bernie.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
If I say I have friends that graduated from Punahou is that akin to a white person saying I can’t be racist I have Black friends? Asking for a friend.

On a serious note a friend from Bowls passed away last night after a long battle with cancer. Bernie Yee. Forgot her maiden name, but their family owned the property the ABC store is on that’s across the street from Red Lobster. She has a twin sister Patty and both were long time Bowls and Rockpiles regulars. Bernie’s husband Malcolm is the guy getting burned by Jeannie in some of the pictures I post of our morning sessions. And her son Steven is a ripper. All Punahou graduates and all friends.

Bernie and Patty were identical twins and it was hard for me to tell them apart. Bernie was the nice one. But if Patty said something f*cked up I would just ignore both of them.

One morning I had some drama in the water. Got burned by a Euro kook. When I sounded him he pretended he didn’t speak English. That enraged me. I told him to beat it or else. I made the universal language of my fist hitting my palm and screamed you understand this. He did and went in. Later I was in the parking lot and Bernie was getting ready to leave. She goes hey Troy I like your sign language and does the fist into palm gesture to me. We both start cracking up.

RIP Bernie.
I love it.

You understand this????

When I was a young dumb kid in Iraq and an Iraqi pretended he didn’t understand I’d point my gun at him and all of a sudden he knew exactly what I was saying.

(I regret all of it and wish I didn’t do that part of my life but it’s in the past. It’s a funny story).

PJ

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 27, 2002
Shrub Oak,N.Y.,USA
With the original Covid one person could quarantine at home and not get everyone else in the home sick. In England 6 weeks or so ago as the Indian/Delta variant came in with people returning from India they learned that an individual infected with the Dela variant quarantining in a home got everyone else in the home sick. So quarantining at home with non infected people doesn't work any more. The good news is that in England which got the Indian/Delta variant earlier than the US and has vaccination rates similar to ours they are seeing that after the Delta surge the new infection rate is going down slowly despite their "Re-opening" July 18th so we may see the same in 6 or 8 weeks. Looks like England is 59% fully vaccinated, Hawaii 54% so that's fairly close, although how tourism factors into that I don't know.

I still listen to this English doctor's Covid update on YouTube every day driving home from work:
Dr. John Cambell's YouTube Channel

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
When I was a young dumb kid in Iraq and an Iraqi pretended he didn’t understand I’d point my gun at him and all of a sudden he knew exactly what I was saying.
We play that language game here too. The homies pretend to not speak English, and the Whitey's pretend to know no Spanish. LOL, no guns involved.

• Haha
Reactions: bluemarlin04

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I love it.

You understand this????

(I regret all of it and wish I didn’t do that part of my life but it’s in the past. It’s a funny story).
I should try that 'wit zee Germans'.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I have an HPD story.

My friend Kirk and I went to a house party in Hawaii Kai. It got shut down but we got word that there was a house party in Kahala. We jumped in Billy Deans VW van and crashed the Kahala party. Tons of surfers and skaters we knew. Kirk and I were old enough to buy beer so walking up with a few cold packs got us in. Billy just stood by the door and when someone walked up with a cooler or cases of beer he told them he’d help with that and he walked right in too. Haha.

Don’t remember much but I think we had fun.

Driving back to Billy’s house to get my car we get pulled over right in front of Kaiser High School. Billy starts popping Altoids and Kirk is stupid drunk in the back with open beer cans. I tell him stash the cans. He throws them over his seat toward the hatch back making all kinds of noise. One cop is walking around the van with a flashlight. The other is shining his light at Billy telling him he has a broken tail light. I’m looking down at my shoes when the cop talking to Billy shined his light at me. He goes that you Troy? I look up and it’s Wayne. He used to be a security guard at Windward Mall and when he would come into Local Motion we’d give him our employee discount. You could feel the tension leave the air.

Wayne small talks a little. Then he tells the other officer they’re cool and they walk back to the patrol car. He leans out and tells Billy get that light fixed.

I hadn’t seen Billy in ages since he moved to CA. But he came out to skate Cholos and later for his honeymoon. Twenty years plus had passed since that incident and he goes remember that time you saved my life. Haha.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Is this an early start to the season?

I ask selfishly, cause the N. Atlantic normally lights up a couple weeks after the Pacific does, and I'm starting to notice fall like conditions earlier this year.