Having the hardest time trying to get boards right now

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

preciate that, ill check em out. was going to pull a trigger on a volcom suit cuz theyre in stock but not alot of faith in them at all.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
btw if u gays think its hard getting a boar, just try getting a wetsuit this fall lolz

edit: *guys
Are all the wetsuites waiting to be off loaded in long beach ? i asked the guy at rip curl and got the “who is on first base”routine:cursing:

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
SLO. Planning on driving to momentum shop on Thursday to look at a chilli mid strength 6'0 they're telling me I have to try, then to Torrance to the shop to give a 6'1 bv2 a squeeze. Getting closer to success.
momentum ride shop in port huneme had some chilis a while ago too

Reactions: stringcheese

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings in case Shane Stoneman or someone connected to him is using this board...but damn man, every Stoneman I've ever tried has been a dog. Theyve all tracked and stuck and i like loose flowy boards. it isn't a small number. Gave my last 6'2 parabolic stringer occy copy away, handed it off to a friend who is learning to surf but refused to ride longer boards and needed something to paddle. I'm not saying he's a bad shaper, it could just be bad luck, but we don't vibe.
I was going to suggest stoneman too. I've had a half dozen from him, each time I give no more than vague input, and they've all rocked.

I recently bought a couple step down/groveler shortboards off craigslist because I had gained then lost a bunch of weight so I was having a hard time getting that slot in the quiver dialed, and once I was down to the weight that I had been when I got one from him the stoneman was just so much better than the others.

But if you've had a different experience then that makes sense. Getting the right board seems to always have some mysterious unknowable x factor. Who knows.

Reactions: PRCD

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I wont name names but I waited ~8 months for my last board. Put in another order the day I picked it up and if its another 8 months I don't care. Worth the wait b/c I know what Im getting works.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
oh he'll make it. ur talking duffy here who can take mike tyson out...
Lol hey anyone who will offer to help a stranger with their own time just because we use the same surfing website is a good guy to me, I'm putting my money on Duffy now. Tyson smokes too much weed these days anyways.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
What about Proctor or Roberts? I know a guy down here who ghost shapes for CI that might be able to leave a board in SB for you.
Really like Roberts boards too, good call and reminder! White diamond was a fun board.

Reactions: PRCD