Have your views on covid vaccines changed?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I'm curious, given what we know or don't know now, has anyone here changed their views on the covid vaccines and mandates? Has anyone softened or hardened their stance? Total change of direction? Lets hear where you are today.

Yeah, I started as a vaccine proponent. I have always been able to trust that the medical establishment held my family's interests above theirs. Now I temper that somewhat.

I was pretty fast to figure out what the vast majority of Americans now know, that the COVID virus was created by Washington DC's deep state left. However, I was on board with the vaccines. Now that the dust has settled though, it looks like the vaccines were rushed to market.

The problem is not in the fact that big-market vaccines use the new mRNA delivery method. That works. The problem is that the vaccines all introduce whole virus spike proteins into the body. I don't know if the vaccine developers knew that spike proteins contain amyloid-creating prions. However, knowing that the spike proteins were engineered into the COVID-19 RNA makes it highly suspicious that the vaccine developers knew exactly what they were doing.

In the United States COVID-19 has had an about 0.1% kill rate, and the vaccines have had roughly 1/10th of that kill rate. I believe the vaccines have lowered the virus kill rate a lot while it lowered transmission rates. I just wish big pharma had gone for a less dangerous protein segment.

Now I don't trust our medical establishment as much.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
With the wife taking care of COVID positive people at work I had access to a shot early on. I took it.

After watching what my daughter has gone through after her reaction to a booster, and considering the fact that we share an obvious genetic background I have declined to go any further.
Had a friend in his mid 40s who had some health issues die within 48 hours of the second Moderna and also had a co-worker who never ever misses a day of work miss three days after his second Moderna saying how bad his reaction to that shot kicked his ass. Had other friends and co-workers who had reactions to the Moderna.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Had a friend in his mid 40s who had some health issues die within 48 hours of the second Moderna and also had a co-worker who never ever misses a day of work miss three days after his second Moderna saying how bad his reaction to that shot kicked his ass. Had other friends and co-workers who had reactions to the Moderna.
Remember how bad you suffered from Covid? Could not surf for weeks

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Or maybe people just change their minds as information develops and it’s not some kind of dramatic goal posting definition changing scheme. :shrug:
Which is fine, if you didn't act like a sanctimonious asshole that accused people of killing grandmas for not getting the shot. Or if you at least admit that you and the messaging were wrong . . . . which very few Covidians have done :trout:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Which is fine, if you didn't act like a sanctimonious asshole that accused people of killing grandmas for not getting the shot. Or if you at least admit that you and the messaging were wrong . . . . which very few Covidians have done :trout:
We going to pretend it’s the ”covidians” who act sanctimonious and who’s minds will remain unchanged no matter what?

we really doing this?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I got the J&J early on. No boosters. I got COVID in June almost two years after getting the initial J&J.. If I sat really quietly and concentrated really hard I was able to find a symptom.....but other than that COVID didn't even reach the level of annoying.

I regret letting my kids get vaccinated.

Reactions: kpd73

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Remember how bad you suffered from Covid? Could not surf for weeks
Covid for me was a couple of days of feeling bad and two weeks of being very run down with a low grade 99.5* fever. I freely admit that. I also have been far sicker with other flu type bugs in my adult life. Two specific instances come to mind. One in particular went through our house in 2012 where all five of us were puking our guts out and had fevers for a week. The other might have been food poisoning with a fever of almost 104 that came on incredibly fast.........was out surfing after work and having a good time but couldn't keep warm even though it was late summer and the water warm. Went home and still couldn't get warm even under blankets. Took my temp and it was 101. By 10:00 that night temp was almost 104 and I passed out in the bathroom. Took 4 days to recover from whatever that was. Covid was minor compared to both of those.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I took the first two and the first booster, after the decline in severity of disease came about with later variants I decided not to get any further boosters. At this point I feel/think the same about the COVID vaccines as influenza vaccines...I don't bother. Maybe that makes me an asshole. I'm OK with that. Something is gonna kill all of us at some point.
Great googley moogley, how can you be so evil?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Do your kids have all their boosters?
Yes
Covid for me was a couple of days of feeling bad and two weeks of being very run down with a low grade 99.5* fever. I freely admit that. I also have been far sicker with other flu type bugs in my adult life. Two specific instances come to mind. One in particular went through our house in 2012 where all five of us were puking our guts out and had fevers for a week. The other might have been food poisoning with a fever of almost 104 that came on incredibly fast.........was out surfing after work and having a good time but couldn't keep warm even though it was late summer and the water warm. Went home and still couldn't get warm even under blankets. Took my temp and it was 101. By 10:00 that night temp was almost 104 and I passed out in the bathroom. Took 4 days to recover from whatever that was. Covid was minor compared to both of those.
Cool story, bro

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
My views have changed slightly. Most of the evidence suggests it's wise to be vaccinated IMO. However, the rare-but-real side effects are terrifying. COVID and the vax (at least a high probability that it was the vax) have dealt blows to my family and my wife's. We're both vaxed, and have a booster shot. But we aren't eagerly lining up for more.

Last edited:
Reactions: mundus