Greg Webber - Electra (Kelly on the round pin and Robbo on the swallow)

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
is he selling the quad set directly?

I checked the Soar site and didn't see any.
I bought 2 sets of the twins with the trailer from Soar and the giant curved set from him directly but that only fit on one board I had with the three FCS plugs for it. The curved set wasn't too impressive , probably wrong board as I know he was using it on his banana twin pin. Seemed just a bigger version of his CRVs

Annotation 2020-06-25 122153-a.jpg

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
is he selling the quad set directly?

I checked the Soar site and didn't see any.
I bought 2 sets of the twins with the trailer from Soar and the giant curved set from him directly but that only fit on one board I had with the three FCS plugs for it. The curved set wasn't too impressive , probably wrong board as I know he was using it on his banana twin pin. Seemed just a bigger version of his CRVs

View attachment 93429
Yes. I contacted him directly for a set of quads. I think is was $225 AUD ($155 USD). A bit more than i could afford at the moment, but will probably get a set soon.

Are you selling those two tabed twins with the trailer?

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002

It’s kind of a shame he’s been on these sh!t boards the last 5+ years. He’s obviously still in good shape/quick for his age. Would love to see the old lines again.

edit: some more of the good stuff

Reactions: ANIMA

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
KS is human (I think??) just like the rest of us. I think he’s just having fun, experimenting, wanting that new feeling, maybe even thinking that next new model with a few tweaks might just be magic. I constantly hear guys raving about that magic CI Pod they had or “Red Beauty was the best board I ever owned” only to go order the next iteration of Lost’s which is a bees dick different from the board they’re currently floundering on.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I think Kelly is riding alternative looking boards to find the next SD design to release. Wade Tokoro made him a handful of modified 4VC models, shorter Houdini-like models, that he was surfing really well on when he was getting ready for the tour to start. There’s clips of that somewhere on IG too. Those boards look like more of what you expect a hpsb to look like so there’s less buzz about them.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
love alternative boards and love watching the pros ride them...that being said...kelly is riding these bars of soap to death when the reliaty is...he doesnt need ANY Board to be looser, nor does he need any board to be faster. he's lost some considerable edge becase the thigns are sooooo F*#(*# loose.the whole resisteance through turns is what show soff his power...not the cr@p hes been riding

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Kelly still rips. He's certainly entitled to ride whatever the hell he wants.

But his surfing and results have suffered from the experimentation. Agree with the above that he doesn't need LESS resistance in his boards. His wrapping carves are so powerful he actually needs a little more resistance so he doesn't overpower the board and loose speed. A little more rail line might help things too.

Either get some boards that work and win some events or retire and experiment. I think his current trip isn't really helping either his surfing or his business model.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
As soon as he started experimenting with boards he started losing contests. He should’ve just went to Simon Anderson for boards if he was over CI.

the current boards look like they lack resistance in turns
He tried to buy CI and low balled them. They laughed at his offer and he bailed in a huff.

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I think Kelly simply must continuously experiment to keep his interest level up. Even when he is ripping on and seems stoked with certain equipment he rarely stays with it for long. Aipa twins in Bali for instance. And/or he's on a search for the holy grail?

Reactions: oeste858 and jkb