Greg Webber - Electra (Kelly on the round pin and Robbo on the swallow)

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Im surprised this hasnt been talked about yet. The Webber electra has been looking so good under the feet of the GOAT and Robbo.

Kelly is riding the round pin tail. It looks like he might have it set up as a twin??
http://instagr.am/p/CBqHz0fnDXU/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robbo is riding the swallow tail as a quad.
This board is looking good.

http://instagr.am/p/CAkGkCWnEdD/

Reactions: tedshred5

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
There was some footage of him riding a five fin version a couple months ago. Kelly looked good in the above clip on the twin. I thought Robbo looked like he was on the struggle bus.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
looked like kelly was sliding a bit too much at the end of his turns, costing him some drive, looks like he needed at least 1 tiny fin back there

Reactions: Maz

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I think these guys surf better on other boards but Kelly looked better on the 5 fin. Something is off on these models like they bog and catch. Only reason they look reasonably ok is because these guys rip so hard.

Reactions: potato-nator

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
The clip at trestles he's riding a the Electra as a twin with Webber's twin flex fins.

I like how loose the board looks when he's pumping. I bet those fins have a lot to do with it.

The video with the 5 fins looks like the board has more rocker. I like how Kelly surfs a board that has a lot of rocker.

Reactions: JonnyAvenues

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
looked like kelly was sliding a bit too much at the end of his turns, costing him some drive, looks like he needed at least 1 tiny fin back there
I'm no fin expert, but thought I saw the same. He sure likes loose boards.

Funny thing, when I picked up my Bourton Reef Swallow, Muzz gave me the tiniest little nubster, barely 1/2" deep. He said it had a surprisingly large effect when riding the board as a quad. Well, I found it in a drawer and finally gave it a go yesterday, and fcuk me if he wasn't right. Noticeable, even to an old hack like me.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Same. That micro-correction at the end of the snaps kills momentum for the next move. But I bet KS is having fun on it. I give him credit for trying new ideas and thinking outside the box. I'm a bit surprised I haven't really seen him on a Cymatic more often than just those clips/heats at Haliewa. I always thought that board suited him.

Reforest- To each his own, but I didn't think that board looked good for Robbo. Carves in stages, not smooth.

Reactions: JTiago and SharkBoy

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
He could be riding it as a twin in that top vid but I suspect he might be using this Webber set. From memory back fins only have a front tab so they flex through turns.
50F117AA-339D-488D-9B2C-77FFD9DD6396.jpeg
*yep here’s a pic
CB0E9DFF-7AA0-45D2-9AD5-F6FA97967DB5.jpeg

Last edited: