Greg Griffin and Futures fins

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Dudes obsessing over these cracks... they don’t hurt chit.
I guess I don't turn hard enough to get them to take on water, like the guy on our ments trip.

Went through some photos looking for cracks for those who don't know what we're discussing:
board #1 had futures:

harder to see (white lines on either side of F logo), but akila's personal board had them, too:

only pics of my jobson's c5 box:

this one might've taken on some water, haha

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
Dudes obsessing over these cracks... they don’t hurt chit.

some of my boards have them and others do not. none are getting foam cancer at that spot. those of you unhappy with it must freak out over every spider crack that pops up along the tail’s hard edge, too.
Reduces the “0.5L over-volumed for me” resale value

Reactions: MathDebater

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I guess I don't turn hard enough to get them to take on water, like the guy on our ments trip.

Went through some photos looking for cracks for those who don't know what we're discussing:
board #1 had futures:

harder to see (white lines on either side of F logo), but akila's personal board had them, too:

only pics of my jobson's c5 box:

this one might've taken on some water, haha
no offense...but pic numero uno is not even 1/10th a crack. the twinzer box...that sh!t is straight lame/depressing.

• Haha
Reactions: ghostshaper

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
come on griff....evne if not in g10....do a run of futures bases for us. take advanced orders...get someone to make the fin blanks for you ahead of time. that bills guy? the dr4 fin hippy guys? SOMEONE has gotta b willing to make you a run of lank already cut for futures boxes. that...or find a mold and have it destroyed after

Reactions: cjs2002

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
come on griff....evne if not in g10....do a run of futures bases for us. take advanced orders...get someone to make the fin blanks for you ahead of time. that bills guy? the dr4 fin hippy guys? SOMEONE has gotta b willing to make you a run of lank already cut for futures boxes. that...or find a mold and have it destroyed after
:foreheadslap:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
no offense...but pic numero uno is not even 1/10th a crack. the twinzer box...that sh!t is straight lame/depressing.
Why do you hate adjustability so much?

Just get some fusions and use Greg's fins. Or buy the fvcking fcs adapters. Done.

Edit: and no. Nobody has a used beater set of em for cheap.

Reactions: need 4 speed

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
I have those cracks and going back to glass ons.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I use 1/4" G-10 for my FCS
It takes 3/8" for Futures to mill the base
That alone is 1/2 more for material cost and shipping of that material
You need a mill and bits to cut that base , epoxy loads up the grinding wheels used on fiberglass

Twice the work and cost using G-10
THIS

I appreciate this response greatly. Ive always wanted Greg's fins for my Futures boards, but now I understand exactly why it doesn't happen. This makes a ton of sense to me.

Seriously - thank you Greg for posting this response and explanation. Even if no one else sees it, I did and do appreciate it.