Got Banned From /r/surfing on Reddit for kindly supporting Bethany Hamilton's position?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
The few times I checked in at reddit I thought my head was going to explode. Never again.
For real though. I have been there a few times, and even the formatting is vertiginous and convoluted. I have never once posted or even really read more than a few posts, the topics of which I can’t remember.

I get all the online entertainment I need (let alone have time for) right here. I don’t need to KNOW what’s going on in twitter or Reddit. If it’s important one of you will eventually reference it, so TIA for that time saver

Everywhere else can get off my lawn

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I know that Reddit generally leans snowflake, but I didn't realize sharing support for Bethany Hamilton's position would get me banned from /r/surfing. I wasn't even derogatory, unlike the rest of the comments opposing her view. Apparently there's been some discussion of the /r/surfing mods over here in this forum, which I was unaware of until I was trying to find out "who" the mods are over there. What a clown show. Maybe they're on the WSL payroll? It made me wonder about many other subreddits I visit, but maybe don't post on, and why they all seem to lean one direction. Apparently if you don't support "the current thing" on Reddit, you're a racist bigot maga cis patriarchal xenophobe. I remember many moons ago when Reddit was a cool place for conversation and ideas. Anyhow, just here to rant. Thanks for having me on board.
What did you post exactly that got you banned?

Reactions: plasticbertrand

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
For real though. I have been there a few times, and even the formatting is vertiginous and convoluted. I have never once posted or even really read more than a few posts, the topics of which I can’t remember.

I get all the online entertainment I need (let alone have time for) right here. I don’t need to KNOW what’s going on in twitter or Reddit. If it’s important one of you will eventually reference it, so TIA for that time saver

you’re not gonna open it up and look for my sh:tpost ? it might be about you and/or frvcvs... or maybe that jerk autopwax...

i don’t believe much of what i read here...

:computer:

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country

Vertiginous Convolution should've been the name of someone's mid 70's PsychoFunk band.

Reactions: tacos and Subway
Jan 8, 2023
Kyrgios? Are you Greek?

I think we all know what "ghetto mannerisms" means.
You might as well have called him a negro.
Actually its the opposite. You are implying that a certain way of acting is innate. What I'm saying is that the mannerisms are specific to a sub-culture, which is specific to a sociological situation. Some people cannot distinguish culture from supposed racial qualities. I can't help if those people call everything racism.

Edit: nope, not Kyrios.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Actually its the opposite. You are implying that a certain way of acting is innate. What I'm saying is that the mannerisms are specific to a sub-culture, which is specific to a sociological situation. Some people cannot distinguish culture from supposed racial qualities. I can't help if those people call everything racism.

Edit: nope, not Kyrios.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I know that Reddit generally leans snowflake, but I didn't realize sharing support for Bethany Hamilton's position would get me banned from /r/surfing. I wasn't even derogatory, unlike the rest of the comments opposing her view. Apparently there's been some discussion of the /r/surfing mods over here in this forum, which I was unaware of until I was trying to find out "who" the mods are over there. What a clown show. Maybe they're on the WSL payroll? It made me wonder about many other subreddits I visit, but maybe don't post on, and why they all seem to lean one direction. Apparently if you don't support "the current thing" on Reddit, you're a racist bigot maga cis patriarchal xenophobe. I remember many moons ago when Reddit was a cool place for conversation and ideas. Anyhow, just here to rant. Thanks for having me on board.
no clue what you said or did...but we all need some dayumn decency in conversation from both sides...if you brought it....fug 'em. seriously....we all need some beer or tea or whatever. NEITHER side of this argument is bad as what we all make it to be

Reactions: Aruka and keenfish

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
don't like Reddit, not your peeps, can always find them on Fox