go Niners!

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I used to be a huge niner fan. My first game was at Kezar. Conned my way into games at candelstick when I was in Jr. high. Celebrated the 80's when they had Montana, Rice, Clark, Lott, John Taylor, and Craig. But then they threw Eddie D out and the decline started.

The move to Santa Clara stung. How can you call yourself the SF 49ers when you have zero to do with the city? Who the heck cares about Santa Clara? If it wasn't for the great america amusement park, I'd likely have never taken the exit to that place.

I find myself not giving a crap if they win or lose. A part of me hopes they lose so bad for so long that they sell the team to someone who will move them back to the city. The new stadium, for a new stadium, blows. The Giants have an awesome park overlooking the bay. The niners play in a city(?) full of business parks.

Jimmy G. finally played like a 100 mil QB, at least in the last minutes. If he lost that game, he was gone. Can they beat Dallas? I'd say they have an excellent chance-they have some great players.
no kidding - impossible not to love the Niners in the 80's. had a place on Fell St over looking Golden Gate Park then...Sunday afternoons, you could hear a pin drop 5 blocks away coz there was no traffic at all when the Niners were playing. i left in '92, but my son was born there and he's been a die-hard fan his whole life. he scorns me as a band-wagoner coz i only watch them when they're winning. he's right, of course, but i got spoiled. i am a fair weather fan. :waving:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Holy sh!t, that game was nuts. Even crazier than last week. Soon as Niners hit the Dallas punter, knew the momentum shifted. Then Jimmy did his usual threw a perfect pass to Dallas. :roflmao:

The Cowboys led the NFL with 127 penalties, including a league-high 27 for offensive holding. The 49ers were called for 20 defensive pass interference penalties, most in the league and twice as many as Dallas' 10.

This game penalties
Dallas: 14
49ers: 9

JTS

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 22, 2004
Dallas fans are gonna be salty after that game !
Who called that last play ? A run up the middle with no TIme outs left- Genius!

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I didn't have much hope for the divisional round but thought dallas would win at home. They didn't deserve to win.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Going to be tougher to get rid of Jimmy G now?
He still sucks but doubtful Trey Lance is going to be ready. The team has the players to win now.....it would be crazy to screw that up by letting Trey learn at the helm for a year or two......then again JG salary is north of 20 mil next year. You can fill a lot of holes with that money.

Reactions: parkiteric

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Jimmy G will be traded, even if they win the Super Bowl.

He gets injured too often.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
IMHO he's a better bet than any QB coming out of college this year and in the top third of QB in the league not counting injury issues.

Steelers and Browns would be good places for him to go.
I think some of the calculation is....is Jimmy good enough to win a superbowl or is he more of a get hot at the right time and win a couple playoff games if the chips fall right guy. For some organizations that's good enough.

Jimmy was present in the second half of the cowboys game but that's it. Greenbay has a better defense and is going to put 9 on the line of scrimmage and dare Jimmy to throw it outside. He's going to live or die by getting the ball into Kittle or Deebo's hands on short routes.

I would put my money on the Broncos....but all this depends on where Aaron Rodgers winds up. Giants would be an interesting wildcard.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I think some of the calculation is....is Jimmy good enough to win a superbowl or is he more of a get hot at the right time and win a couple playoff games if the chips fall right guy. For some organizations that's good enough.

I would put my money on the Broncos....but all this depends on where Aaron Rodgers winds up. Giants would be an interesting wildcard.
What do you think is going to happen with Dehaun Watson?

• Dislike
Reactions: parkiteric

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
What do you think is going to happen with Dehaun Watson?
Hard to say. He obviously missed the NFL rookie camp "young millionaire" briefing that covered the situation he's in. There's an army of assholes lying in wait to make screeching noises around any team that trades or signs him if he is released. Eagles and Giants maybe the Browns have owners and fans that wouldn't fall prey to the noise.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Giants have no cap space and they need minimum three offensive lineman. Daniel Jones is young and fast and still gets broken halfway into the seasons. Jimmy G is made of balsa wood, and Aaron Rodgers is so slow he'd need Davonte Adams to hold down frvcvs doormat in order to perform the Rodgers rodger.

I disagree about the Giants ownership re: Deshaun Watson.

Point blank the G-men need a backup and another year to decide what to do with Barkley and Jones. And they need some cap space too. Damn Golladay catastrophe. I could give $kully $72M for 0 receiving touchdowns.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

RemyXO

Michael Peterson status
Mar 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo
That game was so crazy. One of the more stressful one's I've seen. Niners played just well enough, while DAL did DAL playoff things, shot themselves in the foot many times. haha, I loved it.

Let's hope Bosa and Warner are back next week. Need 'em both vs. GB.