Go Michigan!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
the only thing worse than stickers on your car are tattoos on your body
Agreed. My friends regret every single one of their tattoos.

This is the way forward for Michigan:
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/11/chiawasse-sheriff-wont-enforce-whitmer-orders-amid-owosso-barber-dispute/3107535001/

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Rule of law requires general public buy in

when ostensible laws don’t have broad public acceptance, police can’t fill that gap with enforcement

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Thin blue line.

It doesn't help when your leaders #1 manipulation tactic is appeals to fear.

A cow boy knows you don't want to spook the herd/

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Thin blue line.

It doesn't help when your leaders #1 manipulation tactic is appeals to fear.

A cow boy knows you don't want to spook the herd/
The real problem is that when human societies lose their freedom, it’s not usually because tyrants have taken it away. It’s usually because people willingly surrender their freedom in return for protection against some external threat. And the threat is usually a real threat but usually exaggerated. That’s what I fear we are seeing now. The pressure on politicians has come from the public. They want action. They don’t pause to ask whether the action will work. They don’t ask themselves whether the cost will be worth paying. They want action anyway. And anyone who has studied history will recognise here the classic symptoms of collective hysteria. Hysteria is infectious. We are working ourselves up into a lather in which we exaggerate the threat and stop asking ourselves whether the cure may be worse than the disease

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Maybe the neighborhood "rambo" looks more like this:

It's not national news though. Why not?
OMG now he's on to MS-13!!

it just keeps getting better

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Agreed. My friends regret every single one of their tattoos.

This is the way forward for Michigan:
detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/05/11/chiawasse-sheriff-wont-enforce-whitmer-orders-amid-owosso-barber-dispute/3107535001/
Nah man, tattoos are awesome

You just have to spend lots of money and don't try and think you're adding any kind of whack "meaning" to the art

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
bottom line is un employment is awesome rn for people who were making under 25 bucks an hour or so before and Im happy these people are getting paid well..but for alot of people in socal even with the bump - thats a fraction of what they make weekly and is not sustainable with mortgages/rent, kids, car payments, utilities, etc....oh and food - you def need some of that.

for the moment - yea things arent dire for alot but for how long? thats the important thing.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
bottom line is un employment is awesome rn for people who were making under 25 bucks an hour or so before and Im happy these people are getting paid well..but for alot of people in socal even with the bump - thats a fraction of what they make weekly and is not sustainable with mortgages/rent, kids, car payments, utilities, etc....oh and food - you def need some of that.

for the moment - yea things arent dire for alot but for how long? thats the important thing.
We are deluding ourselves to think that layoffs will be confined to the lower wages quintiles.

Teslas aren't cool when the bank is repossessing your house.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Isn't amazing how the essential workers are some of lowest paid. A gross generalization I know.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
We are deluding ourselves to think that layoffs will be confined to the lower wages quintiles.

Teslas aren't cool when the bank is repossessing your house.
Its already happened in LA. Lots of creative agencies pretty much furloughed everyone except some "essential" editorial staff over a month ago. networks/ studios furloughed all temp staff and lots of other positions like HR, Recruiters, producers, etc and director level employees and up taking half or less of their salaries. Some of the smaller places who qualified as a small buisness have just got their PPP loans a week or so ago so now some employees are back on call at half their salaries only until that money runs out. I myslef am furloughed at the moment as of 1 month ago.

Very few places in the entertainment industry unaffected so far. Just got my first nibble in a month from a client of mine. hopefully it turns into some work.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Its already happened in LA. Lots of creative agencies pretty much furloughed everyone except some "essential" editorial staff over a month ago. networks/ studios furloughed all temp staff and lots of other positions like HR, Recruiters, producers, etc and director level employees and up taking half or less of their salaries. Some of the smaller places who qualified as a small buisness have just got their PPP loans a week or so ago so now some employees are back on call at half their salaries only until that money runs out.

Very few places in the entertainment industry unaffected so far.
People in SoCal are usually living way beyond their means and are leveraged to the gills. Half a salary won't cut it. Also, mothers won't be returning to the workforce anytime soon given the plan for public schools to divide each classroom into cohorts of 10 that come to campus only two days a week.

I'm starting to wonder if the cost and price assumptions of our whole society are going away. You can't pay for expensive SoCal housing like this. The government can't rely on high tax revenues like this. Time is running out.

Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
no 1050 a week is temporary and pays the bills and I am thankful for every penny of it.

when it goes down to 450 a week is when you run into problems but you conveniently ignored that in my post.
4 months is not really temporary.

Look, I'm not saying it's easy but it's not hardship. Not even close.