Gliders....

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Exactly...Money well spent compared to computer cut big label thrusters that lasts one season and retails for $700.

I mean.. Those aren't the only 2 options.
and for the record, I'm not ridiculing. I'm purely jealous.

Last edited:

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
I mean.. Those aren't the only 2 options.
and for the record, I'm not ridiculing. I'm purely jealous.
Nah, I didn’t take it that way at all!
There ARE more than those 2 options, but I was just pointing out the other side the spectrum and its cost compared to going all out on a high end big board

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Do you have pics?

Was this a custom order? I’m intrigured
Barkadventureboard.deck.JPGBarkadventureboard.hull.JPG
No concave. It's a big, convex hull. The side bites are crucial for the surfing aspect. They really assist getting it on rail. I go pure single when I'm just paddling it.
Those bottom, parallel strips are foam padding for knee paddling, if I want. Those upper strips are velcro. I made a detachable foam chest rest so it's way more comfortable to do pure paddling. I take it off and throw velcroed deck paddling so I can walk up and down it when I surf.
This board does everything.

Brrr

Nep status
Mar 4, 2008
Roe Dylin
www.worshipskateboards.com
How about this guy? https://www.arenalsurf.com/ Anyone ridden his boards? Looks like he shapes for Hobie and did a board that Dane rode in the Acid Test video.
The majority of my boards are shaped by Michael, super cool, super humble and his boards are flat out rad. I have a 6'6" Microglide that is so fun. I ordered it for bigger days at some mellow cobblestone breaks around RI, but it has so much more range. Smaller beach break peelers, smaller days at the reefs, a tad bigger could totally keep your log from getting surfed. This is mine: http://instagr.am/p/BwxRsbVnHqa/ I'm 5'8" and 175 for reference. Can literally speed on knee high waves! (breaking waves, not mush) I also have a few fish, a Hobie egg he shaped and currently waiting on a log and a winged pin single fin.

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
The majority of my boards are shaped by Michael, super cool, super humble and his boards are flat out rad. I have a 6'6" Microglide that is so fun. I ordered it for bigger days at some mellow cobblestone breaks around RI, but it has so much more range. Smaller beach break peelers, smaller days at the reefs, a tad bigger could totally keep your log from getting surfed. This is mine: http://instagr.am/p/BwxRsbVnHqa/ I'm 5'8" and 175 for reference. Can literally speed on knee high waves! (breaking waves, not mush) I also have a few fish, a Hobie egg he shaped and currently waiting on a log and a winged pin single fin.
Brrr

Like the different options on that board. He seems really dialed on these shapes. Mahalos for the comments. Spoke to him the other day. Was left with the same impression. Thought his gliders looked good which is what we discussed. What size log did you order?

Brrr

Nep status
Mar 4, 2008
Roe Dylin
www.worshipskateboards.com
Brrr

Like the different options on that board. He seems really dialed on these shapes. Mahalos for the comments. Spoke to him the other day. Was left with the same impression. Thought his gliders looked good which is what we discussed. What size log did you order?
9'6" Transcender, it was actually a stock but the same dims I would have ordered haha. I will definitely be getting another Microglide, it's crazy stupid fun! I started off a few years ago with a fish order and we discussed a creekfish inspired shape, and since he shapes for Trimcraft as well he was stoked to try it and he totally nailed what I was looking for. Currently on version 3 of that model. Approaching 46 in a 2 mos so longer cruisy boards are getting more appealing!

Reactions: Bullnutts
Feb 19, 2017
Texas
Have a 12' blank coming in soon to try my hand at making a glider. I'm looking for maximum glide, trim and paddle speed so I've decided on going with 11'6" twin swallow tail à la Larry Mabile. Anybody have suggestions on rocker profile? I know some single fin gliders are fairly rockered out but have no idea with the twins.

Plan on surfing it on micro days. Do these twins maneuver decently enough in such small surf or should I go with a single fin design for the pivot? I'm not looking to put it on rail just want it to be easy to cut back and forth.