Gasoline Gasoline!

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
https://en.byd.com/truck/

You need to get up to speed. $250M big truck manufacturing plant in Lancaster CA.

https://www.nauticexpo.com/cat/outboard-inboard-engines/inboard-electric-motors-RB-643.html

You can see Ship motors here. Its been accepted in the nautical industry for a longer period of time.
There's lots of VC going into assorted EV's, light and heavy vehicle, right now.
It's FINALLY happening, after decades of false starts.

How it plays out in the next 5-10 years will be the true test. Big trucks can probably haul the huge battery packs they'd need for longer hauls, as they'd have the room. But, the truck would need to be larger and much heavier to carry and then haul all that extra battery weight. Roads will take a beating more than ever.

I can't wait to see which alternative to fossil fuels wins out in the long run, but I wouldn't put all my bets on battery power.

So many others with more sustainable, non-toxic to environment in the works.

Hydrogen fuel cell, from Nat gas power generation. My idea of a self-contained hydrogen fuel cell that has it's own converter built in, where all you add to the tank is water (with maybe a supplement LNG fueling every so often), would be the best overall for the planet. But, shrinking it down to the size of an existing IC motor or battery pack will be the challenge.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'm big in QuantumScape because VonMeister recommended it....

so, obviously short it

there are so many Teslas here now

but we also have lambos and ferraris here so it's kind of a corner case neighborhood

FLEXXXXXXXXED ON

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
That's an Obama Biden policy that is partly why energy prices have skyrocketed.
Here you go numbnuts.

The Paris Agreement is a legally binding international treaty on climate change. It was adopted by 196 Parties at COP 21 in Paris, on 12 December 2015 and entered into force on 4 November 2016.

Its goal is to limit global warming to well below 2, preferably to 1.5 degrees Celsius, compared to pre-industrial levels.

To achieve this long-term temperature goal, countries aim to reach global peaking of greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible to achieve a climate neutral world by mid-century.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Its pretty laughable to see a school teacher with Cadillac benefits in NJ whining about healthcare.

Cadillac benefits are part of my compensation package. I thought everyone here generally agrees that nobody should have to defend or justify their compensation, as agreed upon between employer and employee.