Gasoline Gasoline!

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I remember when we used to burn Whale Oil every night and then that pesky petroleum came on the scene. Now they got this new stuff.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gasoline is now more expensive in CA than Hawaii, which almost always was highest. I remember a few times CA was a bit more than Hawaii, but usually only during seasonal fuel blend changes and only for a few weeks to a month or so. Now CA is off the charts higher than most everywhere, with new heights reached every week or 2 the last few months. Some areas over $5 for regular. Some more ritzy and/or remote areas well above 5$.

When I left Oceanside June 30, cheapest was $3.89-$3.99 a gallon. Now, my cheapo station is $4.29 and this is well after the seasonal blend changes. No sign of prices dropping soon. Biden and team are stocked.

These price spikes that last for more than a few months cause recessions if not curbed soon. If these prices stick for many more months, we'll see inflation like we haven't seen since the 70's, if we aren't there already.

Maybe Biden's team will offer gas vouchers for the poor and lower middle class? They want to do it for everything else.
Gas is even $3.75 here

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Eyewear is the exception to the norm when it comes the petrol based plastics. Acetate is good, but not as durable in harsher conditions, like autos, circuit boards, and other high reliability products.

Try seeing how long a surfboard made with acetate will last. It would've been done decades ago if it could.
No it wouldnt have. Thats the problem. We get stuck in our own way of doing things and often the powers that be are mired in the profits from said ways of doing things. Sometimes it takes a pandemic. Or the world burning up. Or an Elon

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What'll be funny is if it's not the Ivanka dynasty he yearned for but the Hunter dynasty instead.

He IS us!
The right would fully deserve it after the sh!t they pulled in the last 5 years.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Someday, electric cars will be the majority of personal vehicles.

It's getting there, but still a long way to go for many.

We'll still need petrol fueled long haul equipment, jet travel, heavy machinery, super tanker/container ships.

Batteries can only do so much, for so long and lose storage after so many cycles.

Until charging can be as instantaneous as filling your gas tank, it will take many years to be an optimal replacement.

Someday, maybe in my lifetime, but I don't see us getting even close for another 20-30+ years.

We'll still need a way to charge those batteries 24/7/365 at night or heavy overcast/storms and when the wind doesn't blow for days on end.

https://en.byd.com/truck/

You need to get up to speed. $250M big truck manufacturing plant in Lancaster CA.

https://www.nauticexpo.com/cat/outboard-inboard-engines/inboard-electric-motors-RB-643.html

You can see Ship motors here. Its been accepted in the nautical industry for a longer period of time.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
https://en.byd.com/truck/

You need to get up to speed. $250M big truck manufacturing plant in Lancaster CA.

https://www.nauticexpo.com/cat/outboard-inboard-engines/inboard-electric-motors-RB-643.html

You can see Ship motors here. Its been accepted in the nautical industry for a longer period of time.
You want a cleaner way. Natural Gas. There was a time not that long ago where environmentalists were pushing for Natural Gas. Then the dimwit environmentalists decided Natural Gas bad. A few miles from my office there is a Natural Gas Gas station built largely with tax dollars. The vehicles that use it are all government vehicles that run on natural gas. Trash trucks and busses for the most part. These vehicles make nearly zero emissions, don't tax the electrical grid and don't require batteries made of nasties like Lithium iron phosphate to store the limited power they are capable of storing.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
You want a cleaner way. Natural Gas. There was a time not that long ago where environmentalists were pushing for Natural Gas. Then the dimwit environmentalists decided Natural Gas bad. A few miles from my office there is a Natural Gas Gas station built largely with tax dollars. The vehicles that use it are all government vehicles that run on natural gas. Trash trucks and busses for the most part. These vehicles make nearly zero emissions, don't tax the electrical grid and don't require batteries made of nasties like Lithium iron phosphate to store the limited power they are capable of storing.

View attachment 119437

Guys like you care more about fighting the left instead of whats the most efficient and usable vehicle. You probably dont change your own oil.