FU Wax VS Sticky bumps Super Sticky VS Tour Series For Hawaii

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
Time to buy new wax. Ive been using sticky bumps original tropical over sticky bumps base coat but want to try something with a bit more grip. Gonna order a bunch of one and trying to decide what to get. Im in Hawaii so Warm Tropical. What wax does everyone like the most?

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
Alright, tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but, who surfs jaws post, then new wax post….

SHOW
LMAO. I just like to nerd out on gear too. Plus chances are the jaws board will get a full deck grip when I surf it, or fu wax. Hopefully next year.This post is more for just everyday head high shortboard waves and just curious what everyone else is using. Ive used one type of wax for too many years without trying anything else. Kinda tunnel visioned

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I like Fu for CA temps. I'd imagine it's good for anything colder too. It's expensive but if used as directed, it lasts a REALLY long time.

I can't speak for warm water.
I'd imagine you'd need a wetsuit or at least a rashguard to deal with it in warm water.

I was a Sticky Bumps guy as a kid. The tour series is fine, but I pretty much just use Sex Wax now. I can typically bum 2 bars a few times a year and that keeps me going. I did buy a bar, and some chop brand base coat when I picked up a board I had delivered.