FU Wax VS Sticky bumps Super Sticky VS Tour Series For Hawaii

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
super sticky is great in winter if you refused to wear booties until you absolutely must.

I didn’t like it for summer. Too much of a tacky mess.

I didn’t like tour series. seems to love dirt and turns into a giant smear

Reactions: MauiMax
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
super sticky is great in winter if you refused to wear booties until you absolutely must.

I didn’t like it for summer. Too much of a tacky mess.

I didn’t like tour series. seems to love dirt and turns into a giant smear
Im basically summer only so that kinda takes them out of the question. Even in the winter Hawaii is warm. I never have to wear booties though and always wear a rash guard

Sauce

OTF status
Oct 6, 2021
Which one?
Base + tropical for anything above 70 degrees for me. Then I guess some cool/cold for anything else? Hawaiian formula if I'm short on Aloha? Didn't know tour series was any different than regular tropic/warm water

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
A friend turned me on to FU about 10 years ago. Ever since then, any other kind of wax I’ve tried feels like soap in comparison.

FU tropical is also the only wax I’ve used that doesn’t smear after 5 minutes in the FL summer

Reactions: trifish and MauiMax
Jan 2, 2024
Maui
A friend turned me on to FU about 10 years ago. Ever since then, any other kind of wax I’ve tried feels like soap in comparison.

FU tropical is also the only wax I’ve used that doesn’t smear after 5 minutes in the FL summer
Thats good it doesnt smear. Hawaii summer even the sticky bumps tropical does for me a bit. Do you think the temp difference of using the tropical in hawaii winter water would be bad or could i use tropical all year round down to probably about 65 for the low? Also do you use FU basecoat under it?

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
I usually use tropical from about 75 and above. They also have a warm blend and a summer cool blend. Yes on the base
1710206904455.png
Thanks @Goofy_Footed Id say the averages are probably above 75 here. The lows can drop a bit but with the high usually in the 80s i guess i might be better off sticking with the tropical year round or just using a light dusting of warm on the colder days. I guess if it gets down into the mid 60s it wont feel as sticky but if i use the warm and it ends up in the 80s mid day it could get a bit melty. Looks like the sticky bumps tropical ive been using is 75 and up.

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
I usually use tropical from about 75 and above. They also have a warm blend and a summer cool blend. Yes on the base
Just saw on another thread that you tried the black mountain wax thats made on kauai. How was that compared to FU? If FU still the go to?

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Just saw on another thread that you tried the black mountain wax thats made on kauai. How was that compared to FU? If FU still the go to?
i did like the black mountain, however the water was cooler…low 70s iirc. Not as tacky as FU, but better for me than Sticky Bumps or Sex Wax. I don’t think it would be as good as FU in warmer water. Could be a good option for you. Definitely cheaper than FU.

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
i did like the black mountain, however the water was cooler…low 70s iirc. Not as tacky as FU, but better for me than Sticky Bumps or Sex Wax. I don’t think it would be as good as FU in warmer water. Could be a good option for you. Definitely cheaper than FU.
Cheaper than Fu but not as good. Hmmmm. Might try to save money by doing Black mountain base coat with a light layer of FU on top since 6 dollars for the base coat too doesnt seem necessary. Thanks