Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Before reading every post above, I have this to say. What caused the bridge disaster? The fact that a SINGLE support was so vulnerable to large container ships. After giant container ships started going under that bridge, they should have built up a concrete island around the single support so that if a ship crashes into the support, it will crash into the concrete island surrounding the single support. Pile up concrete blocks all around the single support, and then pour concrete on top of it so there is a smooth, gentle slope, that will stop the giant ship before it can reach that single support. The ship will suffer minor damage and the bridge is not even touched!! Thank you.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Before reading every post above, I have this to say. What caused the bridge disaster? The fact that a SINGLE support was so vulnerable to large container ships. After giant container ships started going under that bridge, they should have built up a concrete island around the single support so that if a ship crashes into the support, it will crash into the concrete island surrounding the single support. Pile up concrete blocks all around the single support, and then pour concrete on top of it so there is a smooth, gentle slope, that will stop the giant ship before it can reach that single support. The ship will suffer minor damage and the bridge is not even touched!! Thank you.
Thermite bro. Black Swan event.
1711674815354.jpeg

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Thermite bro. Black Swan event.
right? Karp predicted this, even modeled the event in AI VR using PLTR software. but nooooo, nobody listens to Turtle, do they?

they will now :waving:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
right? Karp predicted this, even modeled the event in AI VR using PLTR software. but nooooo, nobody listens to Turtle, do they?

they will now :waving:
lol I guess. How it really works is if you’re a major corpo and your business involves the port of Baltimore and youre running Palantir software you’re in a better position than anyone else to deal with it

”In the event of disruption to priority cargo shipping, Foundry can be utilized to accurately simulate scenarios across the entire value chain. By combining data on shipment, location and production, Foundry helps support accurate network modeling and scenario-planning that powers confident decision-making around load consolidation and many more elements of freight.”

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I mean sure, but who is “they?”

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Already a backup of major ships.

Navy bringing in largest floating crane ship on east coast. Can lift 1000 tons, but part of bridge laying across the ship weights 3-4x that.

They found two bodies but can't reach the others due to all the debris.

Reactions: john4surf

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Already a backup of major ships.

Navy bringing in largest floating crane ship on east coast. Can lift 1000 tons, but part of bridge laying across the ship weights 3-4x that.

They found two bodies but can't reach the others due to all the debris.

They’ll have to cut it in manageable chunks that can be towed to the sides by tugs. The USN is pretty good at demolitions.

Reactions: ShiverMeTimbers

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Will they be able to save the Dalit or is it untouchable now?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
It's just a JPG going around the web.

Unconfirmed but you can comb through the website and see they have tons of Russians working for them, as well as many other nationalities.

Some more follow up here (click me).

Don't want to click, ok, here is what the shipping company says of the Ukraine captain angle as reported by AFP (at the link):

1711737009696.png

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I thought the caste system was outlawed....
View attachment 176520

View attachment 176521
That's why I want it renamed, "The Dalit." At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who's piloting if you have no power.