Floriduh gov declares church essential

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Says the guy who wants to block bridges to the Island the he lives on.
Perhaps you misunderstand my point of view. Let me put it another way. If the situation is so dire that I can not walk on sand at the end of my street (an act that in and of itself presents ZERO risk to myself and others) then surely the situation is far too dire to let an out of state car from New York to enter the island. (something that poses a significant proven risk to everyone on the island)

Banning walking on the beach is asinine and just demonstrates how fuked up the priorities of government are. Hell, where I live walking on the beach this time of the year is probably the way you can be furthest away from other humans. You've got a 6 mile long beach that averages 150 or more yards wide and its off limits.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Perhaps you misunderstand my point of view. Let me put it another way. If the situation is so dire that I can not walk on sand at the end of my street (an act that in and of itself presents ZERO risk to myself and others) then surely the situation is far too dire to let an out of state car from New York to enter the island. (something that poses a significant proven risk to everyone on the island)

Banning walking on the beach is asinine and just demonstrates how fuked up the priorities of government are. Hell, where I live walking on the beach this time of the year is probably the way you can be furthest away from other humans. You've got a 6 mile long beach that averages 150 or more yards wide and its off limits.
Ok, then why are defending religious people gathering in large groups spreading the virus screwing all of us? Funny I did not hear you defending the Hasids in Lakewood.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

they just closed the beach in my town and it’s totally ridiculous

you should be able to walk on the beach alone

fng cool millennials ruined it for loner misanthropes like me

Reactions: Woke AF and mundus

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
they just closed the beach in my town and it’s totally ridiculous

you should be able to walk on the beach alone

fng cool millennials ruined it for loner misanthropes like me
Its not even millennials. Its miserable internet busy body complainers. They are stuck hiding in fear and see on the internet people doing things they'd like to be doing or god forbid see people having fun. Their reaction is to complain on-line and to public officials. Public officials are always glad to grab power at the expense of liberty.

Last week we had good waves one day. Some asshole took a screenshot from the surfline cam (fuk surfline) of the lineup and posted it to fakebook complaining that surfers were not social distancing. I was in that lineup and I never saw two surfers come within 15 feet of each other. Most of the time there was 30+ feet between everyone. The idiot who took the screenshot probably waited for just the right instant to grab a screenshot. Beyond that the idiot didn't understand the basic concepts of photography. The surf cam is 300 yards from the lineup and thanks to lens compression creates an illusion that guys sitting in a line are much closer together than they really are. WTF.....get a life.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I’m 100% convinced at this point that people have no grasp on the concepts of:

-pandemics and how viruses work (or what they even are)
-exponential growth
-public health

Reactions: Billy Ocean

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The only way I understand it is if it’s in preparation for warmer weather when there will likely be big crowds at the beaches

but if that’s the case just say that

one of the biggest problems is there is no clear statement of “this is the plan”

it’s just stumbling along a week at a time

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Sure. Let the religious dummies go to church. But also tell them to build their own hospital right next to their church and stay out of regular hospitals.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The only way I understand it is if it’s in preparation for warmer weather when there will likely be big crowds at the beaches

but if that’s the case just say that

one of the biggest problems is there is no clear statement of “this is the plan”

it’s just stumbling along a week at a time
WTF are all the coastal towns going to do? Kinda seems like summer is canceled until further notice.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
WTF are all the coastal towns going to do? Kinda seems like summer is canceled until further notice.
This is your last warning. Stop posting consecutive posts in a row on a thread. If nobody has replied since your last post, use the Edit button or you will be quarantined for 14 days.

This is what the edit button looks like.

Last edited:

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Is it any wonder that the people who don't like the 2nd Amendment, don't like the 1st either.
MAN THE BRIDGES!!! DONT SHOOT’TIL YA SEE THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES!!

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
im starting to think it’s deliberate withholding of info on the scope/length of the shutdown to control panic

but the problem is, every time a new level of shutdown is imposed with no clear end point articulated, it creates further distrust

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
im starting to think it’s deliberate withholding of info on the scope/length of the shutdown to control panic

but the problem is, every time a new level of shutdown is imposed with no clear end point articulated, it creates further distrust
It's shitty leadership at the top.

When all the liberal faggots here were getting mocked for freaking out about trump the last three years, what is happening now is what the liberal faggots were freaking out about.

One of the liberal faggots, me, said, "I hope we get lucky."

We didn't.:(

There is a dark beauty in the awfulness of multiple failures occurring simultaneously that lead us to this catastrophe.

It makes me think of this poem:

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies.
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp,
Dare its deadly terrors clasp!

When the stars threw down their spears
And water'd heaven with their tears:
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger Tyger burning bright,
In the forests of the night:
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If we can't assemble for other sh!t I don't see why we need to assemble for fairy tale story time. You don't need imaginary friend reasons to peaceably assemble per the Constitution. You could be mass kneeling for the anthem or some sh!t. Perhaps even surfing, or watching the Florida Spring game, or at least quarantining my beloved Fightin' Gators, shooting those who approach, and just having the Spring Game in an empty stadium, with based SEC Network airing and then regularly re-running each team's spring game.

There was one service around here that was drive up or something. Church traffic is already a snafu of the faithful and brain dead so that seemed on point to me.

If people's outer thighs are within inches of each other sitting in the pews, dozens and hundreds deep, faces 3-4' apart, same sink/door/place people put their hands to walk down the pew, this sounds idiotic.

After that one megachurch asshole had people shaking hands to own the libs, I knew, no touching anything I don't own on weekends. I tried to avoid the grocery store until mid-late Sunday afternoon before Covid-19. Now? Pfffffffft.

I never understood how spirituality or religion or whatever is any different from surfing. I'd rather do child's pose on a carpet 5x/day facing Mecca-ward by my onesie than in a group. Pretty sure they can print Bibles you can read at home.

Reactions: Kento

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
why am I not surprised that GromsDad doesn't have a solid grasp of the constitution?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’m 100% convinced at this point that people have no grasp on the concepts of:

-pandemics and how viruses work (or what they even are)
-exponential growth
-public health
It all started when they put up signs on the soccer fields saying closed for seeding and people just played on the fields anyway.

Reactions: hal9000