FCS Wax

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I wish purple and/or green quick humps maintained the tack of the blue in tropical water. The current 66ish water is making me not love either one (green or purple) on top of my leftover blue beads from a Costa Rican trip I returned from two weeks ago. The blue was great for 4-5 hour sessions.

I’m currently not loving either the purple or green. It’s not affecting my surfing or anything, I just made a mental note how much I loved the feel of the blue in 82 degree water.

It had been three years since I was in tropical water. Most of travel nowadays is to Portugal for work. I’m fortunate to be able to surf on work trips, but I had missed shedding a wettie.
Should't you be using the orange at 66?

Reactions: bird.LA

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
use the blue for a base coat and a softer wax on top, it works and actually will stick to the board much longer. sometimes don't even take the wax off across different climates, just some of the appropriate temp wax over the top

Reactions: jkb

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
FU is my favorite.
Recently starting using this new Super Sticky Bumps and I like it. Not quite as tacky as FU but still sticky. Been alternating this with FU (its half the price of FU).

1625599800306.png

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
Every time that wax (SB super sticky) gets posted I feel obligated to say how much I hated it. I felt like it got smeared and gross really fast and I found it hard to move my feet.

YMMV, as obviously some people like it a lot.

Reactions: MathDebater

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Every time that wax (SB super sticky) gets posted I feel obligated to say how much I hated it. I felt like it got smeared and gross really fast and I found it hard to move my feet.

YMMV, as obviously some people like it a lot.
Thats interesting. I just started using it. Im almost done with a full bar and it feels good so far?

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
It's just personal preference. Hopefully this makes sense - I don't really want wax to be "sticky" like glue is, I want it to resist lateral movement when there is some pressure applied. I would go to move my foot and it would be like I had to pick it up with more force to get it to "un-stick" before I could move it then I had to replant it. Versus just easing pressure and sliding with normal wax.

Plus our water here is hella brown and I felt like it got dirtier even faster like the minerals or whatever would stick to it more than normal wax. Wax here already gets really brown and gross a lot faster than in CA and I'm always wanting to rewax my boards because its so ugly lol.