FCS Wax

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Got a couple of free bars from Jack's in Huntington this past Sunday (and 30% off my daughter's new 4/3) due to several mistakes the shop rats made putting wrong items on hold and our having to run to three of their locations to get the correct suit we supposedly had on hold.

I tried the wax for the first time this a.m. and I was pretty impressed compared to my current purple box Sex Wax that I've been using the past few weeks. The FCS (cool) wax went on without shredding on top of my established beads and remained a respectable amount of tack throughout the the hour and a half session. It's definitely not FU level stick, but noticeably more than the Sex Wax. It's more expensive than normal wax, so I'm not sure my local shop would flow me any. I can't remember the last time I paid for wax, but this was pretty good stuff if I could get a decent deal on it.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Are you guys head over heals with the FU wax? I tried it and liked it, but didn't think it was really any better than my go to "Aqua Battle Wax," from Aqua surf shop SF.

Reactions: ehiunno

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Are you guys head over heals with the FU wax? I tried it and liked it, but didn't think it was really any better than my g).o to "Aqua Battle Wax," from Aqua surf shop SF.
I thought FU was/is better than the other super sticky ones that came out a few years ago: Bubble Gum Gu, Sticky Bumps Punt, but I didn't love it for day to day waxing, especially if I wasn't wearing a top during the warmest water of summer. Gu and Punt were an f'in nightmare and stuck to everything and had the annoying habit of balling up in my leg hair (and I'm not that hairy).

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
so it's just me I guess. I much prefer sticky bumps cold vs. sex wax cold which seems better suited to waxing a curb than a surfboard.

edit: damn, you too jkb?!? it's not me that's crazy. I swear, it's everyone else!
What don't you like about it? Not sticky enough?

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I think maybe I didn't put enough of a base, it was sticky enough, but just made a mess of my board and wetsuit. I do like the "Stay Covered" wax too, not to tacky, but sticky enough, and doesn't melt like a vampire as soon as it hits warm sunlight.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
sex wax seems to produce more dank beads on my epoxy stumps shred sled but I kinda go back and forth between that and stank bumps. depends on how dank the surf is.

Fu wax is gnarly... like fuck your knees and ankles up gnarly.

i ioved famous wax when I tried it but can't seem to fined it anywhere

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Mrs. Palmers still. Sticky bumps works too but Mrs. Palmers is a bit harder and lasts longer but not as sticky.
it also floats!

that magma was awesome, I got a sample one time but haven't seen it since.