Fcs vs future 2021

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
fcs2 fin quality is straight trash

that being said the gam fcs2 template is worth running the fcs2 box to get. futures fkd the gam template up. too small or too big. fcs gam just right.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Futures is fine, but I can't stand the variability in fin boxes. Probably has a lot to do with poor installs, but I've had so many Futures boards with one fin box that I've got to sand out to get fins to fit in it. Seems easy to bash out the boxes on impact too.

FCSII feels more solid. Been using it since it first came out, never with a grub screw and never lost a fin. Fins always fit as they're supposed to too. :shrug:

Reactions: Havoc and oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
so one has the better box (fcs2) and one has the better fins (futures)
Think that’s a fair summary. Most of my boars were bought used so I ended up with a mix of both. After several busted futures boxes in past year, I’m going back to FCS2 on any new boars. There’s enough fin templates I like on there.

What happened to the futures v2.0 box (with the horizontal lines on it) that came out a couple years ago? Already gone from the market? Why don’t we see more of them around?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
fcs2 fin quality is straight trash

that being said the gam fcs2 template is worth running the fcs2 box to get. futures fkd the gam template up. too small or too big. fcs gam just right.
They are the same. I have both versions. The fins are exactly the same.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
nope. techflex is even bigger
When I get home I’ll verify. I have fcs honeycomb, futures honeycomb and techflex. I might even have some cheap plastic ones in both brands.

I also have true Ames glass which have a fatter tip snd the center fin is same size as the other two. I like these best in the fever.

Reactions: Havoc

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I've been on FCSII since they came out. I had too many cracks with Futures across numerous board builders and rolled at least three over. I've never used grub screws with FCSII, but have lost two fins in eight years. FCS replaced both for free. I haven't had one issue with any of the plugs.

I like the fact the trailing edge of a twin fin template doesn't have to be modified to fit into the box with FCSII.

Reactions: oeste858 and Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i'm mostly a futures guy. futures chinese factory has better quality control than fcs chinese factory i think. way more aftermarket options for futures system too. i do think the fcs2 box with wider footprint is less prone to crackage but that's mostly based on what other people say. i've not had that many boards with the system and i have busted a box out but i landed on the fins pretty hard with my ass so, my fault. after you've had a fin eject mid session it's hard to want to run fcs2 system. people say fcs will replace your fins no problem but that wasn't my experience nor the experience of my friend who had 2 fins eject on one trip to mainland last summer. i've had some futures boxes crack around the edges and others last for years with no problems. overall pretty happy with futures but i think they are due for a new wider box to make for a more solid twin fin install. they seem more concerned with making backpacks and traction pads n sh1t so i'm not holding my breath.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
The biggest problem with FCS2 is the fact that FCS blocks other companies from making fins in that specific base, asserting a patent. So you're either using the two tabbed or the FCS branded fins, which are overpriced and made in China. Futures at least attempts to do some domestic manufacturing.