**EXCLUSIVE** Milo Sucked Dick Just To Own The Libs!

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Haha. I bet he's going to have a tough time sticking to the second part of the deal.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Would the OP give it up to own the conservatives? That would show some real commitment.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Would the OP give it up to own the conservatives? That would show some real commitment.
I would suck a dick if the cause is worthwhile.

I'm just not petty enough to do it just for the schadenfreude.

Making people cry doesn't give me a hardon.

The Right gives us enough schadenfreude by sucking their own dicks.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
How much you think he gets in residuals now?

Or did he make a lot then and invest it?
He also had P.I.L. 78-86

This doc tells the story pretty well:

I like the music of PIL a LOT up through 1986 or so, but Lydon is insufferable as a personality. I don't think I could sit through that documentary. Now, if the film was made into a book, I'd read it. I kind of regret not seeing them when they toured in 2009 or whatever, but without Levene, Wobble, Martin Atkins, or John McGeoch, eh, it's not really PIL, innit.

Pretty sure he gets nothing from the Pistols residuals, they sold the rights to one of the big three. Lydon is now a real estate developer or something in LA.

He crossed over into free enterprise.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, the smart rocker dudes who get a windfall invest it in real estate.

I never got into his music.

At the time, it was so popular, I wondered what was wrong with me. :unsure:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
I never got into his music.

At the time, it was so popular, I wondered what was wrong with me. :unsure:
do you still wonder today?

i don’t recall the pistols being so “popular” here...

next - robt christgau is a weird guy, but amazingly spot-on-the-money with a lot of records/bands... i think he tends to over-rate some nyc bands / under-rate some brit stuff, but whatever... he writes well.

he got this one. from the village voice, 1977.

“Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols [Warner Bros., 1977]
Get this straight: no matter what the chicmongers want to believe, to call this band dangerous is more than a suave existentialist compliment. They mean no good. It won't do to pass off Rotten's hatred and disgust as role-playing--the gusto of the performance is too convincing. Which is why this is such an impressive record. The forbidden ideas from which Rotten makes songs take on undeniable truth value, whether one is sympathetic ("Holidays in the Sun" is a hysterically frightening vision of global economics) or filled with loathing ("Bodies," an indictment from which Rotten doesn't altogether exclude himself, is effectively anti-abortion, anti-woman, and anti-sex). These ideas must be dealt with, and can be expected to affect the way fans think and behave. The chief limitation on their power is the music, which can get heavy occasionally, but the only real question is how many American kids might feel the way Rotten does, and where he and they will go next. I wonder--but I also worry. A“

( + steve jones most excellent guitar racket! )

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I pretty much figured out what is wrong with me. Multivariate.

I hated punk when it first hit. I remember peers taking to it like a fish to water.

I should listen to the whole record now and see if I like.

EDIT, I'm listening now and I hear how they influenced the Pretenders, who I love love love.

I like Jonseys Jukebox on KLOS.

Last edited:

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
chrissie hynde used to work for mcclaren back around s.p. times, when she was just an ohio bitch, slutting around in london...

saw the pretenders around ‘81 - they weren’t very good... saw public image the first two dates they played in the states. THEY WERE AMAZING!

i’ve gone on about this book before here, but ENGLAND’S DREAMING is one of the best things ever. centers on the pistols/london. essential. (if you dig that kind of thing...)

author - jon savage. :bowdown:
he’s an even cooler froot than milo!
fecalface would be stok-ed.

:)

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
john mcgeoch:

guitar riff on magazine’s shot by both sides
& the banshee’s hong kong garden.

all time!

a good guitar riff is on par with a decent tube...

:jamon: