Eric Trumby refusing to comply with NYAG subpoena....

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Eric Trumby is a private citizen and is therefore required to comply with the law. We have laws for a reason.

The son of the president ≠ the president.

You made a false equivalence error. You also made Argument from Ignorance and a Tu Quoque logical errors.

Reactions: afoaf

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
You and I both know that if he was not the son of the president......if he was just Joe Shmo......that this politically motivated investigation wouldn't be happening.
Yeah, so?. Law is law, whether its application is politically motivated or not. For some reason you think "motivation" matters. It doesn't. Politically motivated is not the same as corrupt. See the Trumps actions for examples of corruption.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Do you deny that the DA going after him is political in origin? Even still would you not have him do everything within the law to defend himself? Is there a requirement that a citizen bend over for a corrupt DA?

More classic blunders.

A non-sequitur - Eric Trumby is related to the president therefore the subpoenas are politically motivated.

A more plausible explanation: The NYAG has substantial evidence linking the Trumby organization to illegal activity and would therefore like to depose members of the organization.

Hasty generalization - some subpoenas and indictments are politically motivated, therefore ALL subpoenas and indictments are politically motivated

Argumentum ad populum - "Everybody KNOWS this is politically motivated"

Argumentum ad ignorantiam and "shifting the burden of proof" - "It has not been proven that these subpoenas aren't politically motivated, therefore they must be politically motivated". This is GromsDad's go-to tactic.

Post hoc - "we are in a politically charged climate and in an election year, therefore all subpoenas and indictments must be politically motivated."

• Blood is Thicker than Water - "He's on my side, therefore I believe him"

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Is there a requirement that a citizen bend over for a corrupt DA?
I dunno. You're bending over pretty hard for a corrupt felon.

And the funny thing is said felon is really not on your side. Your money's side, yes. You? No.

If we actually want Law and Order and reduction in crime and increase in morality in this country, go after it all, rich, poor, Democrat, Republican, white, black, etc., no qualms. And I do think it is an issue when we screech about someone looting an armful of 40s from a liquor store and throw them in jail for years but someone looting millions from people, we turn a blind eye and only do something when it's Madoff-level large. Properly scale punishment for the crime.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
More classic blunders.

A non-sequitur - Eric Trumby is related to the president therefore the subpoenas are politically motivated.

A more plausible explanation: The NYAG has substantial evidence linking the Trumby organization to illegal activity and would therefore like to depose members of the organization.

Hasty generalization - some subpoenas and indictments are politically motivated, therefore ALL subpoenas and indictments are politically motivated

Argumentum ad populum - "Everybody KNOWS this is politically motivated"

Argumentum ad ignorantiam and "shifting the burden of proof" - "It has not been proven that these subpoenas aren't politically motivated, therefore they must be politically motivated". This is GromsDad's go-to tactic.

Post hoc - "we are in a politically charged climate and in an election year, therefore all subpoenas and indictments must be politically motivated."

• Blood is Thicker than Water - "He's on my side, therefore I believe him"
Do yourself a favor and the next time you decide to create a thread run it through your list. See how that works out for ya.

• Haha
Reactions: Driftcoast

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
GromSad: The Hunter Biden Burisma investigation isn’t about politics, Donny is the “Top Cop” for investigating crimes! Law and order!

Also GromSad:

You and I both know that if he was not the son of the president......if he was just Joe Shmo......that this politically motivated investigation wouldn't be happening.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
GromSad: The Hunter Biden Burisma investigation isn’t about politics, Donny is the “Top Cop” for investigating crimes! Law and order!

Also GromSad:

#gromsdad #zerointegrity #trump #sycophant #stupidityreigns

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

Also GromSad:
in that case, present the facts and evidence.

does the AG have enough to indict the Bidens?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Even if their AG has enough evidence, I don’t think we would extradite an American to Ukraine to stand trial there.
What?

Trump's incoming NSA was on the Turkish payroll, all gun-ho to extradite Fethullah Gulen so Erdogan could execute him for disagreeing with him from Pennsylvania. Trump wasn't benefiting or even getting a cut. Now you think we wouldn't extradite someone whose absence would be extremely convenient for him?

I really agree with your political posts in general, but I'mma have to let Ari Gold finish...

WAAAAAAAAAKE THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK UUUUUUUUUUUP, LLOYD!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf and Phi1

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
What?

Trump's incoming NSA was on the Turkish payroll, all gun-ho to extradite Fethullah Gulen so Erdogan could execute him for disagreeing with him from Pennsylvania. Trump wasn't benefiting or even getting a cut. Now you think we wouldn't extradite someone whose absence would be extremely convenient for him?

I really agree with your political posts in general, but I'mma have to let Ari Gold finish...

WAAAAAAAAAKE THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK UUUUUUUUUUUP, LLOYD!!!!!!!!
Ok, let me rephrase: AFAIK we don’t have an extradition treaty with Ukraine so I assume we won’t extradite US Citizens there and I meant the Ukrainian AG.
I forget Bill Barr is playing the game with god-mode cheat codes and he’d love to do something like that for an October Surprise.

:LOL::ROFLMAO: :D:confused::oops::cry: <— this is me going from laughing at the thought to really thinking it over.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
You guys might have a shred of credibility if you had been equally out to prosecute Hunter Biden and quite frankly Joe Biden for their misconduct in the Ukraine.
What crimes did they commit again?

Meanwhile, the Trumps have been actual renowned criminals for decades. But you turn a blind eye - why is that?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Even if their AG has enough evidence, I don’t think we would extradite an American to Ukraine to stand trial there.

But what if, and hear me out here, a sitting President blackmailed Ukraine's president in order to get him to indict the Bidens? It's a plan so crazy it just might work.

You guys might have a shred of credibility if you had been equally out to prosecute Hunter Biden and quite frankly Joe Biden for their misconduct in the Ukraine.

What crimes did they commit?

What evidence have we seen?

How would prosecuting Biden work? Is the US prosecuting him or are the Ukrainians doing it? You need to flesh out some details here.