Eric Trumby refusing to comply with NYAG subpoena....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the duplicity on exhibit during the Trump presidency trainwreck is next level

I can't believe the length that some of these mooks are willing to go to
rationalize and justify this nonsense

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
the duplicity on exhibit during the Trump presidency trainwreck is next level

I can't believe the length that some of these mooks are willing to go to
rationalize and justify this nonsense
If Trump staying in office is the only thing keeping him and his family out of jail, wouldn't voting for him be aiding and abetting?

Maybe we do need a police presence at the polls. :beer:

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Two simple questions hal. Hopefully you will answer with your honest opinion.

1. If he wasn't the son of President Donald Trump would the NY AG be going after him?
Probably not.

2. If he were the son of a Democrat president would the NY AG be going after him?
Depends on the political affiliation of the AG, probably.

Lot's of sh|t is politically motivated.

If a crime has been committed, does it matter what the motivation is?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It was a compliment
:shaka:

Two simple questions hal. Hopefully you will answer with your honest opinion.

1. If he wasn't the son of President Donald Trump would the NY AG be going after him?

2. If he were the son of a Democrat president would the NY AG be going after him?
I'm very impressed. You used the same logical fallacies but threw in a few new ones:

• Argument from Consequences: "It simply CAN'T be true that the NYAG is justified in subpoenaing Eric because then all the other subpoenas and indictments might also be valid, thus destroying my narrative!"

I already covered Argument from Ignorance but you coupled it with Begging the Question (circular argument) and put a new twist on it: "You can't disprove that the subpoenas are political motivated therefore they ARE, in fact, politically motivated". "I have witness other politically motivated activities by attorneys general, therefore all attorneys general behave in such a way".

You're asking me to answer a question to which neither of us currently have the answer.

Either or Reasoning/False dilemma/False Dichotomy: "The NYAG a democrat and is going after a republican and therefore all democratic law enforcement officials will unfairly target republicans", "A democratic NYAG would never go after the family of a democratic president".

You offered only two scenarios here when there are many other options or possibilities.

Argument from Motives coupled with Circular Reasoning: "I believe all of the motives of my political opponents to be corrupt therefore the NYAG's motives are corrupt and politically motivated"

Blind Loyalty coupled with Blood is Thicker Than Water. I'm particularly impressed by this one. "Trumby said it's politically motivated, therefore it's politically motivated. Since he's on my side, I believe him".

Slippery Slope: "Once you start prosecuting members of the Trumby family.....where does it end!?"

Argumentum ad martyrdom: "This subpoena is just another political witch-hunt!! We are victims and we are being persecuted!!"

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
:shaka:

I'm very impressed. You used the same logical fallacies but threw in a few new ones:

• Argument from Consequences: "It simply CAN'T be true that the NYAG is justified in subpoenaing Eric because then all the other subpoenas and indictments might also be valid, thus destroying my narrative!"

I already covered Argument from Ignorance but you coupled it with Begging the Question (circular argument) and put a new twist on it: "You can't disprove that the subpoenas are political motivated therefore they ARE, in fact, politically motivated". "I have witness other politically motivated activities by attorneys general, therefore all attorneys general behave in such a way".

You're asking me to answer a question to which neither of us currently have the answer.

Either or Reasoning/False dilemma/False Dichotomy: "The NYAG a democrat and is going after a republican and therefore all democratic law enforcement officials will unfairly target republicans", "A democratic NYAG would never go after the family of a democratic president".

You offered only two scenarios here when there are many other options or possibilities.

Argument from Motives coupled with Circular Reasoning: "I believe all of the motives of my political opponents to be corrupt therefore the NYAG's motives are corrupt and politically motivated"

Blind Loyalty coupled with Blood is Thicker Than Water. I'm particularly impressed by this one. "Trumby said it's politically motivated, therefore it's politically motivated. Since he's on my side, I believe him".

Slippery Slope: "Once you start prosecuting members of the Trumby family.....where does it end!?"

Argumentum ad martyrdom: "This subpoena is just another political witch-hunt!! We are victims and we are being persecuted!!"
I appreciate your efforts-
can you do that with all of his posts?
maybe possibly you could teach him some critical thinking skills and he can start questioning his own ingrained way of thinking

if you promise to, I might even take him off ignore

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
maybe possibly you could teach him some critical thinking skills and he can start questioning his own ingrained way of thinking

I think I'd leave him on ignore. Hal's reply post will still show

Reactions: afoaf

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois

I hereby make my solemn pledge to not directly respond to or engage him but rather to pick apart his logic.

Be prepared for his most unhinged meltdowns to date.

If I'm employing faulty logic in my analyses, I hope @Autoprax will peer review me.

You and I both know that if he was not the son of the president......if he was just Joe Shmo......that this politically motivated investigation wouldn't be happening.
False Consensus Effect:
"You know it, I know it.....everybody knows it......therefore it must be true". Also another one of DumDad's go-to tactics.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Beware the backfire effect

Cognitive dissonance don't feel no good.

bobble was a better fallacy monger than I.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Beware the backfire effect

Cognitive dissonance don't feel no good.

bobble was a better fallacy monger than I.

I need to learn all about the effects. There's so many interesting effects. And I need to read up on heuristics.

I always wonder what makes people cling more tightly to their beliefs when presented with facts and evidence to the contrary. Is it a form of narcissism? Is it a feeling of losing control of their worldview?

Human thinking is fascinating.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I need to learn all about the effects. There's so many interesting effects. And I need to read up on heuristics.

I always wonder what makes people cling more tightly to their beliefs when presented with facts and evidence to the contrary. Is it a form of narcissism? Is it a feeling of losing control of their worldview?

Avoiding cognitive dissonance.

Nobody likes to feel stupid.

I don't.

Though sometimes I have no choice.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Anybody who wants to know the truth about Trump listen to the Trump Inc podcast, the Trump org is all about fraud from top to bottom.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

it is a truly compelling thing to watch someone completely lash out when you
have them dead to rights on their idiocy