Eric Ciaramella

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Please tell me who wants late term, third trimester abortions, unless it is a medical issue?

Easy, slimy women who've been strung along by baby daddies who keep promising.

I know, that's SOOOOOO unusual. :ROFLMAO:

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
As far as I know, you have to have a doctor sign off on late term abortions.

Would the better solution be to not allow abortions, even in cases of incest and rape?

Obviously, these are the two extremes. Surely, you cannot think all people who are pro-choice wants late term abortions freely available. The most common stance would be late term abortions should still be available for medical reasons with a doctor sign off ,e.g. harm to the mother, or still-born, unviable children at birth, etc.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Please tell me who wants late term, third trimester abortions, unless it is a medical issue?
The old fallacy again where the Left tries to defend just how indefensible its positions are

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Text from NY abortion law:

according to a medical professional’s “reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient’s case” — “the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient’s life or health.”

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The old fallacy again where the Left tries to defend just how indefensible its positions are
I dunno about third trimester but if an amniocentesis (usually performed during second trimester) indicates genetic disorders, shouldn't abortion be an option?

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
So. my position is: late term abortions should be allowed if medically necessary (for the health of the mother, and if a child is deemed unviable at birth, or with severe physical/medical defects and it is detected - if detected, this choice should be made within a time frame, and not waited till the last minute)

What is your position? Ban all abortions, even for incest and rape and even when it may present harm to the mother? or even if the child will come out unable to live on its own?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
NY, Virginia, and at least a couple other states that recently passed laws that basically legalize infanticide
Do you think it will be harder for women to get an abortion if the far right is successful in their power grab with the help of the Devil Trump?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Do you think it will be harder for women to get an abortion if the far right is successful in their power grab with the help of the Devil Trump?
Don’t get pregnant in the first place. Birth control is cheap and easy for both genders and so is Plan B if you know you made a mistake

Abortions should be for emergencies

Personal responsibility

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Honestly don't care from a legal perspective. I think its murder on a personal level and the woman who controls her body in that manner will no doubt feel the shame and guilt for killing her child......as she should. Freedom..........Consequences.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
So. my position is: late term abortions should be allowed if medically necessary (for the health of the mother, and if a child is deemed unviable at birth, or with severe physical/medical defects and it is detected - if detected, this choice should be made within a time frame, and not waited till the last minute)
The "health of the mother" can often be defined as "I will be clinically depressed if I have to care for a baby", or "I will go crazy if I have to carry this baby to term", and so on. Happens all the time in states where the mommy's health clause drives the law.

Reactions: Ifallalot