Encinitas Surf Home

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
CL missed connections - seeking enci local with $2.5mil to spare and enjoy part time living… in enci. LOL.

all the enci locals moved to vista/etc bc they were priced out of their apartments and or mom kicked them out.

an adult learner exec will buy this place. They’ll also own another property in SD. Immediate local status!

Last edited:
Reactions: JDJ

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
hey guys, I've been here for 25 years and although i agree on the unfortunate side effects of SF & LA finding our little surf nugget...I still love my morning crew and encinitas core community. that being said, the price of real estate has gone up and pushed a lot of folks out. i believe this home will sell for over 2m and under 3m , prefer not to list it to keep it in the hands of someone who will appreciate the neighborhood, but suppose i will do so if not any interest in forums like this. thanks! glad you guys got to experience a bit of the place...if you come back around give me a shout!
25 years. Pfffft. Another insta-loc. :trout:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What are the property taxes on 2.5 million?
About $20k a year, but that will only let you park your sprinter or 4x4 camper.

significant rebuild will trigger a reappraisal.

not sure what loopholes are out there for stripping a structure to the studs as opposed to complete tear down/rebuild to preserve certain exemptions

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
About $20k a year, but that will only let you park your sprinter or 4x4 camper.

significant rebuild will trigger a reappraisal.

not sure what loopholes are out there for stripping a structure to the studs as opposed to complete tear down/rebuild to preserve certain exemptions
I can't afford a sprinter.