Effects of Family Structure on Crime

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Okay, but if we're judging the decision making on the results that preceded it then that justifies doing the same going forward. Right now we are directly subsidizing and financially enabling this result. If we think the benefits to society outweigh these costs then it makes sense to continue on, but if we don't then maybe we make some changes.​
Even if you want to hang this all on the evil Patriarchy and absolve the mothers of all personal agency and accountability for their decisions - as if they have no control over anything in their own lives - we're still going in the wrong direction.​
We don't even ask the question of what it would take on the societal level to get more fathers acting like fathers and less like 40-yr old teenagers who only want to be free. As far as I'm concerned that amounts to an ethical failure.​

Last edited:

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Okay, but if we're judging the decision making on the results that preceded it then that justifies doing the same going forward. Right now we are directly subsidizing and financially enabling this result. If we think the benefits to society outweigh these costs then it makes sense to continue on, but if we don't then maybe we make some changes.​
Even if you want to hang this all on the evil Patriarchy and absolve the mothers of all personal agency and accountability for their decisions - as if they have no control over anything in their own lives - we're still going in the wrong direction.​
We don't even ask the question of what it would take on the societal level to get more fathers acting like fathers and less like 40-yr old teenagers who only want to be free. As far as I'm concerned that amounts to an ethical failure.​
I didn't say evil. I said failed.

I'm not inclined to absolve poor mothering either.

I will continue to support relief to the children of needy families. It's a relatively small financial subsidy at this point.

I'm open to suggestions regarding ways society can replace all the bright, shiny objects in a father's eyes with love of parenting.

Reactions: FecalFace

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Like I said earlier in the thread, there are various strategies we use to discourage smoking and advocate for conserving energy and eating healthy and such. If this can be considered a social and cultural issue then there's no reason we can't approach it from that direction.

I just think "no-strings-attached" is a bad plan. The social consequences for failing in the past were dire - that's one contributing factor why there were fewer failures. I don't know that we want to go back to that point, but going to the other extreme isn't working, either.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
As opposed to the failure of the women in choosing those men, allowing themselves to get pregnant, carrying those pregnancies to term and intitiating 70% of the divorces?

No, this outcome most definitely isn't more attributable to the men than to the women. Men are neither positively nor primarily in control of any of these decisions other than having sex, the decision for which also rests with the women.

Both parties chose to have sex. Maybe the woman told the man she was on birth control and maybe she didn't, but she could still have known where she was in her cycle. After the sex act the woman is in control of every other decision that follows. She even controls whether or not she accepts the marriage and/or joint parenting proposal, if there is one.
Fvcking gross.

Does your wife know you post here?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I didn't say evil. I said failed.

I'm not inclined to absolve poor mothering either.

I will continue to support relief to the children of needy families. It's a relatively small financial subsidy at this point.

I'm open to suggestions regarding ways society can replace all the bright, shiny objects in a father's eyes with love of parenting.
What’s the fun in being nice to women and children when you can be a spiteful prick who blames solely mothers, children and leftists policies for their predicament.

It doesn’t matter that the cost of these programs is negligible to GDiddy, it’s his feelings of spite and hate towards women that drive his worldview.

I wonder what event in his traditional family childhood made him that way.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
BTW, I don't know why you guys are even talking about the monetary "cost". That's not the primary issue in a discussion about a civil society. Every kid who fail - and then grows up to bear more children who fails - ends up costing society more in the long run anyway.

If my kid is getting shortchanged at school because your kid is dysfunctional then that's a cost. If my kid gets mugged by your kid because of the warped sense of masculinity that the boys of single moms turn out with (This means you, FF) then that's a cost. If my kid is employing your kid who can't keep a job then that's a cost. And the list goes on.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
My wife laughs at you for being an idiot. She doesn't think much of your priorities in life, either.

View attachment 81056.
Wow that hand is not very womanly. Are you wearing lady rings?

Did her traditional family upbringing teach her to give middle finger to the people she doesn't know.

Either way, I'm happy that you two assholes found each other.

It's rare to find a woman who is just as bigoted as you are. Congrats, may your second traditional marriage prosper.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
LOL

I married a partner, not a subservient. My wife doesn't treat people poorly and she doesn't take sht from people who do treat others poorly. That's one reason we like each other so much.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
LOL

I married a partner, not a subservient. My wife doesn't treat people poorly and she doesn't take sht from people who do treat others poorly. That's one reason we like each other so much.
But she doesn't have a problem with you treating people poorly?

Is hipocrisy a traditional family value?

What about "being assertive" with women. Does she like that like she likes shitting on single mothers and their children?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Like I said earlier in the thread, there are various strategies we use to discourage smoking and advocate for conserving energy and eating healthy and such. If this can be considered a social and cultural issue then there's no reason we can't approach it from that direction.

I just think "no-strings-attached" is a bad plan. The social consequences for failing in the past were dire - that's one contributing factor why there were fewer failures. I don't know that we want to go back to that point, but going to the other extreme isn't working, either.
So, flesh out your cure at little. What strings do you propose attaching?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
So, flesh out your cure at little. What strings do you propose attaching?
Back in the day when the community pitched in to help out the mom who had fkt up there were strings attached to that assistance, such as admitting the mistake and committing to not repeating that mistake with 4 other fathers. Decent women wouldn't consort with a man who had demonstrated his lack of commitment to his responsibilities because they'd recognize he'd do it to their kids, too. Personal responsibility at home was rewarded in the workplace with extra points for promotion and income.

What a more contemporary and egalitarian update of those types of accountability would obviously be subject to considerable debate, but I think most people would acknowledge on some level that nobody values or respects that which they are given for free.

I think it's the guilt-free subsidies that diminish the value of the responsible guys to women. If you want to talk about guys chasing shiny objects the same is true for women chasing guys they know are not good prospects for LTRs.

Last edited:

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Back in the day when the community pitched in to help out the mom who had fkt up there were strings attached to that assistance, such as admitting the mistake and committing to not repeating that mistake with 4 other fathers. Decent women wouldn't consort with a man who had demonstrated his lack of commitment to his responsibilities because they'd recognize he'd do it to their kids, too. Personal responsibility at home was rewarded in the workplace with extra points for promotion and income.

What a more contemporary and egalitarian update of those types of accountability would obviously be subject to considerable debate, but I think most people would acknowledge on some level that nobody values or respects that which they are given for free.

I think it's the guilt-free subsidies that diminish the value of the responsible guys to women. If you want to talk about guys chasing shiny objects the same is true for women chasing guys they know are not good prospects for LTRs.
Okay, let's say they make the commitment, but fkt up again. What is the appropriate response at that point that represents a 'no cost to society' approach?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Well, I suppose after they fck up 4 times it will be apparent there's nothing more we can do to dissuade them otherwise. I wouldn't think it realistic to expect a 90% success rate.

I don't think that perpetual loser contingent amounts to anywhere near the majority of the single parent situations though.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Back in the day when the community pitched in to help out the mom who had fkt up there were strings attached to that assistance, such as admitting the mistake and committing to not repeating that mistake with 4 other
What in the actual fvck are you even talking about?

What year is this?

BC or AD?