Effects of Family Structure on Crime

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
So what are your feelings about one good or average parent AND one shitty parent? Still worse than the one good parent working solo? Or how about the prevalence of one shitty parent working solo BECAUSE they're a shitty person?

If the two sides, good parent/bad parent, perfectly balance out to 'average', then the kid's development falls to society and the extending family and friends and well as that kid's DNA.

'Average' parents is not better than 'good' parent in my opinion and I do grant you that it is easier to find average parents than good parent.

In a break up, Kids getting stuck with the lessor of the shitty parents sucks. Tough to be human and a parent, but if anyone doesn't want to step up their game to be a better person, they shouldn't have kids.

Reactions: FecalFace

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
That looks to me like some wishful thinking.

One of the studies referenced concluded that kids from father-only households were doing about the same as 2-parent households. But better than kids from fatherless homes. I'm not sure I believe that. That doesn't look right.

Regardless, just the logistics involved are more readily handled on the long term and sustainable basis if they're split between two people instead of just one.

As for shitty people coming out of 2-parent households, that's still not a ringing endorsement for how stunning and brave all moms are just because they're not men.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
As for shitty people coming out of 2-parent households, that's still not a ringing endorsement for how stunning and brave all moms are just because they're not men.
There you go again.

Spiteful, petty little man.

And to think that came out of a mouth of a person who was brought up in a loving traditional family.

How is that possible?

Sad.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Still bleeding, huh? That figures.

None of the data I've seen so far relating to fatherless homes is going in your direction. You're on the wrong side of history on this one.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I still don't really get the stunning and brave thing...

it has about zero point zero impact on anything; it's lip service
by women for women.

do single women get preference when adopting or something?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
None of the data I've seen so far relating to fatherless homes is going in your direction. You're on the wrong side of history on this one.
I've never claimed otherwise. Two parents are best. But single parent is not the worst as you try to make it.

Also, two shitty parents is not better than a single good parent, and even one shitty parent in 2 parent homes is not better than a single good parent.

Your original argument that "leftist policies" caused increase in single parent families is bullshit.

You have no evidence to support that claim whatsoever.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I still don't really get the stunning and brave thing...

it has about zero point zero impact on anything; it's lip service
by women for women.

do single women get preference when adopting or something?
Intentionally obtuse again.

Single mothers are routinely lauded as heroes

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I've never claimed otherwise. Two parents are best. But single parent is not the worst as you try to make it.

Also, two shitty parents is not better than a single good parent, and even one shitty parent in 2 parent homes is not better than a single good parent.

Your original argument that "leftist policies" caused increase in single parent families is bullshit.

You have no evidence to support that claim whatsoever.
You really do need it to be okay, don't you? That you sloughed your responsibilities off onto your ex right as your son was getting to the point where he needed you most. Divorce or no divorce you could obviously have done more for him, but you chose not to.

Because you liked the lifestyle.

If I were your mom I'd be ashamed of your decision making. She undoubtably did more for you than you did for your own kid.